04-14-15 07:44 AM
76 1234
tools
    1. Bribe, cajole and coax the carriers. It's the carriers, stupid. Ask them: do you want to be on Apple mercy forever? Do you want to see all of you profit upside stolen by Google?
    Prepare marketing cases, where customers can be moved easily from feature phone to LTE smartphone, but demand keyboard.
    2. Once you have this, but use BBM and send good offers to get BB10 HW to users in the country, redeemable at carrier.
    3. If you couldn't agree with carrier, send offers redeemable direct from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:35 AM
    BlackBerry has no desire to increase their hardware sales.
    What's the purpose of this post? The original question wasn't about blackberries desire, it's how would u do it?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 03:12 AM
    Start with making phones people want to buy. Then they could actually let people know that they have a phone for sale.
    BlackBerry should sign you. You seem to read same book of victory as me

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    03-28-15 03:19 AM
    I think the focus on business is the way to go. How can you compete with a fashion statement like the iphone and throw away Android devices?

What BlackBerry needs to do is expand the business focus to smaller business. Here is an idea for a product that I don't think exists. Partner with a NAS manufacturer to create a private cloud. Synology for example. Think of Blend on a NAS box that employees of a small company can share. It has to be turnkey.

BlackBerry needs to support open source solutions even if they compete with their closed source solutions. OpenVPN, GPG, etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 03:42 AM
    BlackBerry has no desire to increase their hardware sales.
    Why wouldn't they?
    03-28-15 07:42 AM
    I could design a 6 inch all touch deca-core high Def phone with 512 gigs of memory and a mind reading assistant...and if nobody knew about it, I wouldn't sell any.

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74 likes this.
    03-28-15 08:18 AM
    For me, any BB slider will be judged against the WP10 flagship expected in October, and as it'll be my money on the line I won't pick the slider unless it's the genuine winner in that comparison (despite my fondness for the form-factor).
    In other words, you are saying that even for someone such as yourself who likes the form factor it isn't a major consideration.

Then there are those of use who genuinely detest that form factor and wouldn't buy one even if it had better specs.

Why are they building a slider?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 08:21 AM
    To further strengthen their niche place in the market.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-28-15 08:29 AM
    I bought my first BlackBerry for the messenger and greater security.

The security is so high ever since 10.3.1.school-computer-projects I can't use it so doubt anyone else can access it.

The Q5s battery life is crap, wifi is lousy, BBM doesn't work on voice now, but I can buy a 40 euro android device that actually works, even offering a working BBM app.

Why bring out new phones to sit upon an underpinning like that?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 09:00 AM
    As Birdman says, BB aren't doing this for me, they're doing it to have a phone in each form-factor that many of their enterprise customers (you know, those people who are BB's focus now that they're out of the consumer space ) say they like. Many people loved the Torch, a successful marriage of PKB and full-face device. I did myself... and that's why they plan to create a new slider.

So BB are covering the bases: Classic for the PKB hold-outs, Leap for the full-face people, slider for the Torch-groupies, and Passport for the weirdos (sorry, bit of personal bias breaking through there ).

I doubt the slider will be high-end, it'll be "good enough" in terms of specs, just like the Leap, to appeal to corporate IT buyers.

In direct response to OP's question: BB can increase HW sales by ensuring they have a model of phone to appeal to each identified segment of the enterprise market. Which is what they are evidently doing.

And, for all those who regularly shout out in these forums that the Leap isn't a suitable upgrade for their ageing Z10/30, well... while I agree with you, Chen really doesn't care. His aim is to sell the above four phones into enterprise channels in volume and, while he won't prevent ordinary consumers buying these devices online, the small return he'll get from selling a few handsets to the general public means he won't try too hard to woo you.

Think of it in terms of a love affair, as for many here I reckon it is! Breakups are always heartbreaking, but BB has moved on... enterprise is their new love.

If it makes it any better, I could throw in some of those things that are said at this time: It's not you, it's me; We can still be friends, etc...

But, it makes no difference, BB has moved on. Enterprise is now BlackBerry's BFF.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 03-28-15 at 11:36 AM.
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    03-28-15 10:11 AM
    Think of it in terms of a love affair, as for many here I reckon it is! Breakups are always heartbreaking, but BB has moved on... enterprise is their new love.
    It happened to Apple too... The Pro crowd is frustrated at Apple. Each new hardware revision is less expandable than before. Each new software revision is less pro and more consumer.
    MGDania likes this.
    03-28-15 03:41 PM
    It happened to Apple too... The Pro crowd is frustrated at Apple. Each new hardware revision is less expandable than before. Each new software revision is less pro and more consumer.
    Interesting, by Pro do you mean MacBook Pro or iPad Pro or Professional or what? Sorry to bother, just curious..

Thanks!

Posted by my awesome Lumia 530
    03-29-15 12:35 AM
    Interesting, by Pro do you mean MacBook Pro or iPad Pro or Professional or what? Sorry to bother, just curious..
    Pro, as in professional crowd.

The Mac Pro no longer is fully expandable.
    Final Cut Pro features have been tailored to consumers.
    Aperture cancelled.
    03-29-15 12:55 AM
    Pro, as in professional crowd.

The Mac Pro no longer is fully expandable.
    Final Cut Pro features have been tailored to consumers.
    Aperture cancelled.

Agreed with you... It seen to me that Apple doesn't give a damn or don't make too much money with the professional clients.
    03-29-15 01:08 AM
    Agreed with you... It seen to me that Apple doesn't give a damn or don't make too much money with the professional clients.
    Actually, Apple created a consumer following who wanted to take their phones to work. Now many enterprises issue Iphones, not BB.
    03-31-15 05:01 PM
    With an Enterprise focus, maybe Chen isn't interested in the flagship device race. He just wants to sell in volume a utilitarian device that Enterprise can deploy at low cost. Who cares if the employees carry another device as long as one of them is a BlackBerry? Enterprise doesn't care about a new flagship every year because they don't deploy new devices every year. They want stability and uniformity so that there's less variation to support.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-31-15 09:44 PM
    BlackBerry should sign you. You seem to read same book of victory as me

Z10 LE 10.2.2.1609
    Let me explain what I mean. By making phones people actually want. Sales have proven that the Physical keyboard phones do not sell if so BB would be selling them. Look at almost all business people they no longer use BB phones and they aren't physical keyboards. Times have changed. In my Office be it small 6 phones there are only 2 people still on BB me being one of them. everyone else has switched to iPhone and we have the option to use what ever we want. And I will admit I am holding out as long as I can to see what is up BB sleeve cause I am not going back to a physical keyboard. so either they make a "slab phone" full touch BB will lose me as well.

Also If know one knows you are actually in business and selling phones how are people going to buy them.
    04-08-15 07:11 AM
    Sales have proven that the Physical keyboard phones do not sell if so BB would be selling them. Look at almost all business people they no longer use BB phones and they aren't physical keyboards. Times have changed.
    The other mobile OS'es don't have physical keyboard options. If they did, then your assessment might have merit. The main factor in people switching away from physical keyboards is because they're looking to have more app options (not necessarily more as in quantity, but more /options/). Among BlackBerry users, who are given a choice between both types of form factors, keyboards win out, as poor sales of the Z10 have shown... or rather, there wasn't a significantly greater number of people who wanted the Z10, enough for a 2:1 ratio BlackBerry was hoping for.

And I will admit I am holding out as long as I can to see what is up BB sleeve cause I am not going back to a physical keyboard. so either they make a "slab phone" full touch BB will lose me as well.
    You mind as well transition to another mobile OS now because we know what's coming up for 2015. There's no "just slab" phone. The slider is about as close as you'll get to updated specs for a slab, if that's what you're after.

Your office is not the type of market BlackBerry is after at this point, in terms of selling hardware. They're out for large volume deployments done by business, not BYOD, which is your office.

Also If know one knows you are actually in business and selling phones how are people going to buy them.
    There's always been the issue of marketing, but what's the point of general marketing if the devices aren't targeted toward consumers? And the devices aren't really for sale at carriers (mainly in the U.S.)? It seems like BlackBerry is content with direct to business, as in doing business to business sales.
    04-08-15 05:30 PM
    It's all irrelevant.

Blackberry will be a software and Android Hardware only company within 2 years.

Just prepare for the Android driven BlackBerry.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    04-08-15 06:17 PM
    BB needs to stop putting useless people like John Chen in the CEO chair.

Why did Chen opt to release downgrade of the Z30 before releasing an upgrade?

Why has BB released 2 qwerty phones in succession without releasing a new touch screen device?

Why does BB continue to rely on Android to fill the app gap?

Despite being marketed as a tool for business, why hasn't Chen addressed the fact that nobody is developing enterprise apps for business tools like MS Lync, or Cisco Jabber or Polycom RealPresence or Avaya Aurora?

Not only is BB failing in the consumer market, their market share in the enterprise and business market is being quickly eroded... especially with the whole BYOD initiative that most companies have these days.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-08-15 08:07 PM
    Software must be good, then only the hardware sales can be better.

Posted via CB10
    Droidophobe likes this.
    04-08-15 08:33 PM
    Why did Chen opt to release downgrade of the Z30 before releasing an upgrade?
    There's almost $1 billion dollar's worth of reasons. If you don't get that, then you haven't read enough to understand.

Why has BB released 2 qwerty phones in succession without releasing a new touch screen device?
    Passport was probably already under development during Heins' era. The Classic was released after consulting with numerous CEO's and companies, clients BlackBerry hopes to cater to.

Why does BB continue to rely on Android to fill the app gap?
    They can't get source code for iOS. They can't get source code for Windows Phone. Hey, they can get source code for Android! They tried to attract native developers but failed. Users still demand missing apps. What choice is there?

Despite being marketed as a tool for business, why hasn't Chen addressed the fact that nobody is developing enterprise apps for business tools like MS Lync, or Cisco Jabber or Polycom RealPresence or Avaya Aurora?
    And you're asking why they're relying on Android apps to fill the app gap? They're having trouble attracting native developers.

Not only is BB failing in the consumer market, their market share in the enterprise and business market is being quickly eroded... especially with the whole BYOD initiative that most companies have these days.
    They said they've conceded the consumer market for now. Where have you been to come up with this analysis, analysis that has been discussed many, many times already. Do a search for BYOD and read all those threads.
    The Big Picture likes this.
    04-09-15 04:13 AM
    In the end, I don't really care about any of this so long as Blackberry continues to offer me a high end Blackberry device and supports it accordingly. I can manage just fine with the current app situation so any improvement in that area would be appreciated but not a deal breaker if it doesn't happen. I love my Passport and hope BB continues to offer me a high end quality devices as good as the Passport.
    04-09-15 07:09 AM
    They need a new Z10 with better screen to size ratio and aluminum body!
    There is no need for state of the art octa core chip.
    The one from the Z30 is great for her bb10 os.
    Save money on chip and put it in better camera and battery.

O and advertise the the phone and the system.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 07:35 AM
    They need a new Z10 with better screen to size ratio and aluminum body!
    There is no need for state of the art octa core chip.
    The one from the Z30 is great for her bb10 os.
    Save money on chip and put it in better camera and battery.

O and advertise the the phone and the system.

Posted via CB10
    Please no metal body BlackBerry phones. Reception on such phones is subpar.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 05:57 PM
76 1234