What is that thing in my screen that is like a bright line that is not patterned to the wallpaper. Its brighter than the wallpaper. Btw it is on the very top, on top of the status bar on the battery and the clock!. Please help im using official bb 10.3.1
    02-21-15 05:06 AM
    Screenshot,SVP
    Did you try pulling it down?
    02-21-15 05:09 AM
    What is this bright line at top of screen?-untitled.png

It's very visible on the phone but when I go to other parts of the screen like bb hub it disappears and it is just on the wallpaper part. I tried battery pull and changing the wallpaper but nothing happens. It is the one with the red box!
    anon(1852343) likes this.
    02-21-15 05:32 AM
    I think that I am not the only one who experiences this but others too. In the os 10.2.1 there is nothing like that but when I upgraded it, it appeared.
    02-21-15 05:34 AM
    I see your battery is low ,try charging it and then ?? never seen that before,lol
    02-21-15 05:50 AM
    It's ok for now. I will just make mself think that I am not the only one who experiences this or os 10.3 is supposed to be like that!
    02-21-15 04:58 PM
    No, I don't think that is normal. O_o
    02-21-15 05:20 PM
    My guess since that was able to be screenshotted (if it didn't screenshot then it would have just been a cable with some dust or something under it), as a shot in the dark and entirely my speculation, it's likely your battery icon getting stretched across the entire screen due to a miscalculation?

Have you tried a hard reset? Is it still there? Does it show on ANY other screen or app? Is it visible during the boot screen or your carrier screen?

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    02-21-15 06:09 PM
    Try a different wallpaper

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-21-15 06:21 PM
    For me, the best Passport wallpaper is an all black screen. Just put the camera flat down on a dark surface and take a completely black photo. Then make that photo your wallpaper...
    What is this bright line at top of screen?-img_20150221_162220.png

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-21-15 06:25 PM
    What is that thing in my screen that is like a bright line that is not patterned to the wallpaper. Its brighter than the wallpaper. Btw it is on the very top, on top of the status bar on the battery and the clock!. Please help im using official bb 10.3.1
    How long has it been since you updated your berry?

SuperZEDTEN
    02-21-15 06:25 PM
    Just last friday!
    02-21-15 11:59 PM
    Just last friday!
    Just so you know. This bug is a rarity.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:26 AM
    And you haven't told us what you've tried to fix it. Did you reboot, change wallpapers?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:26 AM
    I tried a battery pull, restart, etc but nothing happened. It appears on dark wallpapers. In os 10.2.1 its gone but in 10.3.1 it appears
    02-22-15 06:31 AM
    My guess since that was able to be screenshotted (if it didn't screenshot then it would have just been a cable with some dust or something under it), as a shot in the dark and entirely my speculation, it's likely your battery icon getting stretched across the entire screen due to a miscalculation?
    Have you tried a hard reset? Is it still there? Does it show on ANY other screen or app? Is it visible during the boot screen or your carrier screen?

Actually it just appears on the icons on the home screen but when in the lockscreen and the bb hub or even in other appa or the boot screen it doesnt appear. I can clearly see that when i swipe the screen to the right to go to bb hub, the line cuts at the end of the homescreen part and becomes invisible when on the bb hub. I uploaded a picture of the screen being swipe. Notice the top is half visible[A. [ATTACH=CONFIG]335914
    Attached Thumbnails What is this bright line at top of screen?-img_20150222_203609.png  
    02-22-15 06:41 AM
    Actually it just appears on the icons on the home screen but when in the lockscreen and the bb hub or even in other appa or the boot screen it doesnt appear. I can clearly see that when i swipe the screen to the right to go to bb hub, the line cuts at the end of the homescreen part and becomes invisible when on the bb hub. I uploaded a picture of the screen being swipe. Notice the top is half visible
    Very odd indeed...

Maybe try to run a Blitz over your current OS of the same version you're on, and say to overwrite files.

That's what I'd do, could simply be a corrupt homescreen file I suppose :/

Worst-case, the blitz wouldn't do any damage so all of your current files, etc would already be there! Just more of a.. OS Reload without losing all of the files! That's how I fixed my keyboard not working on my Passport after loading 10.3.1.2072 initially! (never trust those Russian autoloaders -.-)

02-22-15 09:05 AM
    I'd try to switch back an forth to different wallpapers including stock ones and see what happens. Please report back.

Edit : also check brightness/alpha settings : anything noticeable here?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 09:39 AM
    It's a bug, and it should be fixed soon.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-25-15 10:01 AM
    Update: I used magnify mode and I noticed that it's not a hardware issue, it's a software one because the line also zooms unlike if it is a hardware issue, the line won't zoom and will just stay in its place. I'm very glad to know that it's not a hardware issue. And i'm also glad that it just shows on bright wallpapers unlike black ones. If it is a software issue then BlackBerry will release an os update with a fix for that and also I know that some of the users of the os also experiences that. My heart stopped beating when I saw that the line zooms also!
    02-28-15 04:28 AM
    Update: I used magnify mode and I noticed that it's not a hardware issue, it's a software one because the line also zooms unlike if it is a hardware issue, the line won't zoom and will just stay in its place. I'm very glad to know that it's not a hardware issue. And i'm also glad that it just shows on bright wallpapers unlike black ones. If it is a software issue then BlackBerry will release an os update with a fix for that and also I know that some of the users of the os also experiences that. My heart stopped beating when I saw that the line zooms also!
    If it's possible for you, you should rerun a blitz package over your current OS (it will replace all of your core files but leave your apps and normal files alone). I'd be very interested to hear if this method didn't fix the line issue!

02-28-15 09:27 AM
    The zoom test was good. It does point to a software issue. I hope you get it resolved.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 09:52 AM
    Yup, the zoom test is really good!
    02-28-15 07:24 PM
    If it's possible for you, you should rerun a blitz package over your current OS (it will replace all of your core files but leave your apps and normal files alone). I'd be very interested to hear if this method didn't fix the line issue!

How to do a blitz? Is it difficult?
    02-28-15 07:25 PM
    How to do a blitz? Is it difficult?
    What version are you running currently? I'll reply with a link to the proper blitz package when you reply!

*Always make a backup before doing anything with CoreOS files!*
    *Any damage caused from this is of your doing and I am not liable*

It's simple this:
    - Download Sachesi v2.0
    - Download the blitz file for your version currently installed or the version you'd like to upgrade to
    - Extract the .zip file
    - Plug your device into the computer
    - In Sachesi, deselect the checkbox that says "Upgrade files only" (or something similar, I'm not at my computer right now)
    - Finally, drag the extracted folder into Sachesi
    - Sit back and relax while your device "Updates OTA"

This last part is discretionary, but what I'd recommend as it's what has worked for me in the past for me (if you don't let it wait and then reboot, it has issues with the keyboard handling (it did for my Passport))

- When it's complete, reboot the device, let sit for ~10 minutes, then hard-reset (by holding Up+Down volume keys at the same time for 10 seconds)

02-28-15 08:11 PM
28 12