When doing a restore from backup using Link, under "Apps" is "BlackBerry Runtime". What exactly is this, and if not restored, what will you be missing?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 11:43 AM
    It is the Android runtime, android saved apps data, etc. Quite confusing to be named BlackBerry runtime I know.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 11:46 AM
    When doing a restore from backup using Link, under "Apps" is "BlackBerry Runtime". What exactly is this, and if not restored, what will you be missing?

Posted via CB10
    Is this what you are looking for: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...untime-968850/
    04-11-15 11:46 AM
    Thanks for the answers.
    However,
    I unselected the BlackBerry Runtime when I restored, and all of my Android app data seems to have been restored. Only one Android app (Waze) seemed to have a problem. This does not seem to coincide with the explanation of the BlackBerry Runtime in that other thread (supposedly contains all Android App data).
    Any explanation?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 11:53 AM
    Sorry - too technical a question for me! I usually just read other people's answers.....

(That's why I posted the link to the previous thread - because the advice given then worked for me at that time - however there have been a number of OS upgrades since the original thread was posted so I'm wondering if BlackBerry have changed things.....)
    04-11-15 11:57 AM
    I started this thread because, after choosing NOT to include the BlackBerry Runtime in my restore, aside from having to reinstall Waze, I could not find a single thing missing from my OS settings, BB10 apps, or Android apps. Even game progress in my Android based game is still there. Oh, the only other thing that didn't get restored is that I had to reset my Wallpaper back to what I had it. That's it... [shrug]

By the way, good find BigAl. I searched on the exact phrase "BlackBerry Runtime" before starting this thread, and after scrolling through the first few dozen or so thread results, I never came across that one.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 11:59 AM
    The Android runtime is part of the OS. If you reload an OS, Android runtime is loaded with it. There is no need to restore it. I believe Link provides the restore option in case that the version of the Android runtime in the backup is higher then the one comes with the OS and you want to keep using the one in the backup.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 04:35 PM
    Thanks all!

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 07:14 PM