Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry 10 OS

What is Blackberry Guardian and how do I enable it?

Asked: Mar 19 2015 | 1:57 pm EDT 9560 Views 7 Answers View Best Answer

Anyone know anything about this? When I get apps from the amazon app store, it gives a disclaimer about gaurdian alerting malware if it's turned on. How do I know if it is and if it isn't, how do I turn it on?

Posted via CB10

Best Answer

Mar 19 2015 | 2:10 pm EDT pkcable

BlackBerry Guardian is program that runs when you install android apps from 3rd party sources either the built in Android store, the web browser, or other sources (Snap, 1Mobile etc). It checks those apps for compatibility and known malware issues. I believe this is mostly done from reports and a database. This is NOT to say all apps that pass will work perfectly OR an app that gets a bad report won't work. HOWEVER it's much safer to stick with the apps it likes.

To make sure it's on from the homescreen swipe down, select settings, then App Manager, then Installing Apps, then make sure Inspect Apps before Installing is turned on. (blue and to the right means on)

More Answers

Mar 19 2015 | 3:54 pm EDT Henry Jr

BlackBerry Guardian is program that runs when you install android apps from 3rd party sources either the built in Android store, the web browser, or other sources (Snap, 1Mobile etc). It checks those apps for compatibility and known malware issues. I believe this is mostly done from reports and a database. This is NOT to say all apps that pass will work perfectly OR an app that gets a bad report won't work. HOWEVER it's much safer to stick with the apps it likes.

To make sure it's on from the homescreen swipe down, select settings, then App Manager, then Installing Apps, then make sure Inspect Apps before Installing is turned on. (blue and to the right means on)
Thanks! Mine was not switched on. Cheers!

Q10 (SQN100-3)

Mar 19 2015 | 4:42 pm EDT jagrlover

I'm surprised that it's not turned on by default.

Posted via CB10

Mar 20 2015 | 7:01 am EDT pkcable

I'm surprised that it's not turned on by default.

Posted via CB10
i believe the first time you install an android app it asks you if you want to turn it on or not.

Aug 16 2020 | 9:11 am EDT conite

Android app not install
What device do you have? What OS version are you on? What have you tried? What error messages have you seen?