Anyone know anything about this? When I get apps from the amazon app store, it gives a disclaimer about gaurdian alerting malware if it's turned on. How do I know if it is and if it isn't, how do I turn it on?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 01:57 PM
    BlackBerry Guardian is program that runs when you install android apps from 3rd party sources either the built in Android store, the web browser, or other sources (Snap, 1Mobile etc). It checks those apps for compatibility and known malware issues. I believe this is mostly done from reports and a database. This is NOT to say all apps that pass will work perfectly OR an app that gets a bad report won't work. HOWEVER it's much safer to stick with the apps it likes.

To make sure it's on from the homescreen swipe down, select settings, then App Manager, then Installing Apps, then make sure Inspect Apps before Installing is turned on. (blue and to the right means on)
    BlackBerry Guardian is program that runs when you install android apps from 3rd party sources either the built in Android store, the web browser, or other sources (Snap, 1Mobile etc). It checks those apps for compatibility and known malware issues. I believe this is mostly done from reports and a database. This is NOT to say all apps that pass will work perfectly OR an app that gets a bad report won't work. HOWEVER it's much safer to stick with the apps it likes.

To make sure it's on from the homescreen swipe down, select settings, then App Manager, then Installing Apps, then make sure Inspect Apps before Installing is turned on. (blue and to the right means on)
    SeeBeeEss likes this.
    03-19-15 02:10 PM

Thanks! Mine was not switched on. Cheers!

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    03-19-15 03:54 PM
    I'm surprised that it's not turned on by default.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 04:42 PM
    I'm surprised that it's not turned on by default.

Posted via CB10
    i believe the first time you install an android app it asks you if you want to turn it on or not.
    03-20-15 07:01 AM