Hello all,

I'm brand new to CrackBerry, and have found it helpful since getting my BlackBerry z10 a month or so ago. But I'm in need of some help with organizing the hub. With my old phone, I never used the "All Inbox" feature, to view emails as an aggregate. I simply looking into which account I wanted. The great thing was that if I need to move an email from, say my university account, I could move it into a "folder" within my gmail account. I was that ability again! after some research I've found that gmail doesn't technically use folders, rather labels, but that doesn't change the fact that my iphone allowed me to somehow move one or multiple emails seamlessly between my accounts. Any one have any advice? At this point my email and hub are extremely disorganized.

Thank you.
    12-12-14 05:26 PM
    Hello all,

I'm brand new to CrackBerry, and have found it helpful since getting my BlackBerry z10 a month or so ago. But I'm in need of some help with organizing the hub. With my old phone, I never used the "All Inbox" feature, to view emails as an aggregate. I simply looking into which account I wanted. The great thing was that if I need to move an email from, say my university account, I could move it into a "folder" within my gmail account. I was that ability again! after some research I've found that gmail doesn't technically use folders, rather labels, but that doesn't change the fact that my iphone allowed me to somehow move one or multiple emails seamlessly between my accounts. Any one have any advice? At this point my email and hub are extremely disorganized.

Thank you.
    Nope, you can't move e-mails across accounts.
    12-12-14 05:56 PM
    Thanks,

Unfortunately I didn't realize how handy that feature was until I lost the ability.

Does anyone know how iPhone allows that to happen?
    And, how do other people keep all their emails and HUB organized, without having hundreds of emails visible inside the hub?
    12-12-14 06:20 PM
    Maybe it just forwarded it to you and deleted the original.
    12-12-14 06:27 PM
    Thanks,

Unfortunately I didn't realize how handy that feature was until I lost the ability.

Does anyone know how iPhone allows that to happen?
    And, how do other people keep all their emails and HUB organized, without having hundreds of emails visible inside the hub?
    I'm not entirely sure, but I suppose iOS Mail simply uploads/copies the email (essentially just a file) to that other server. It isn't forwarded, the metadata/header of the email stays intact. I don't know why BlackBerry 10 doesn't support it, but I presume that they either didn't think of it (or thought it unimportant) or intentionally rejected it (perhaps for security reasons, although that doesn't explain why you shouldn't be able to move emails across your own IMAP providers). Regardless, it isn't possible, not even in the 10.3.1 beta.

How do other people keep everything organised? It depends. Some people choose to forward all emails to one address. Others don't organise their emails on their phones or at all. I made a semi-workaround by using flags, but I did most of my organising on the desktop. I found email support on BlackBerry 10 very disappointing. OS X/iOS also has five different flag types that allow for powerful organising in addition to folder management. BlackBerry 10 is pretty much dumbed down in that regard and I never got push support working properly (only my incoming mails were pushed, but not my changes/deletions/moves/etc).
    12-12-14 06:55 PM