I just installed unlocked android runtime but i see no difference. Apps which did not run on z10 with 10.2 like pay pal or Firefox still do not run on z10 with unlocked android runtime. So what is the big deal about then?
    I must misunderstand purpose of unlocking the runtime. Can someone please explain it to me

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:11 AM
    You can install android apps with out the need for a security token
    10-04-13 10:34 AM
    I just installed unlocked android runtime but i see no difference. Apps which did not run on z10 with 10.2 like pay pal or Firefox still do not run on z10 with unlocked android runtime. So what is the big deal about then?
    I must misunderstand purpose of unlocking the runtime. Can someone please explain it to me

Posted via CB10
    The whole purpose of adding the unlocked runtime is to be able to use apps that may or may not work on the runtime that is locked down and if you don't want to use a token. Not all apps work(for me)- whether I'm using an unlocked runtime and/or a Debug token while working for others. Anyway, try this link: Tested Android Apps that Work on 10.2. If the screen says you can't access, just click on one of the boxes to access the apps. It's a Chrome/Internet Explorer issue.
    10-04-13 10:42 AM
    What it comes down to for me is it takes too long to go through the debug token method after every OS upgrade. So I have been installing the old unlocked Android on top of the new OS so I can do simple Sideloading to get my Android apps. I expect I am missing some performance upgrades by not going with the newer locked Android. But my apps work with the old unlocked version.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 10:57 AM
    You can install android apps with out the need for a security token
    you mean i still have to use DDBD installer. I just do not need to switch to tokens in security section of the phone ?
    10-04-13 11:33 AM
    you mean i still have to use DDBD installer. I just do not need to switch to tokens in security section of the phone ?
    You'll still need DDBD. Worth it though.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 11:36 AM
    What it comes down to for me is it takes too long to go through the debug token method after every OS upgrade. So I have been installing the old unlocked Android on top of the new OS so I can do simple Sideloading to get my Android apps. I expect I am missing some performance upgrades by not going with the newer locked Android. But my apps work with the old unlocked version.

Posted via CB10
    why does it take longer. I still must be missing something. this really only saves me step going to settings / security and privacy / Development mode and switching on Development mode ? it takes seconds to do that. so what is the big deal again ?
    10-04-13 11:38 AM
    Once you install the 10.2 leak, there are a few ways to side load.
    The one that seems to work with 95% of android apps is the debug token method.
    The process is long and you need to apply for a token every 30 days I think.
    With the unlocked runtime you don't need that token.
    10-04-13 12:19 PM
    Once you install the 10.2 leak, there are a few ways to side load.
    The one that seems to work with 95% of android apps is the debug token method.
    The process is long and you need to apply for a token every 30 days I think.
    With the unlocked runtime you don't need that token.
    now i get it. development mode and debug token are two different things ?
    10-04-13 12:37 PM
    Even with the unlocked run time I find certain android apps don't run properly. I loaded the unlocked android runtime and viber and it shuts down when I try to answer a voice call.

I have os 10.2.0.1767 installed.
    10-04-13 03:55 PM
    Let's me understand it. So apps like instagram will work on this unlock android runtime but it will not work with locked android runtime?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-13 06:26 PM
    It may or may not work on either. Basically the main reason is your don't need debug tokens. Which you have to request again every 30 days.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
    10-06-13 08:43 PM
    How come the side loads I have installed currently like Netflix have been running for 6 months?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 07:43 PM
    How come the side loads I have installed currently like Netflix have been running for 6 months?

Posted via CB10
    Oh once you use a debug token to sideload an app it's done. No further action is required. However if you want to sideload another app, and the token has expired, it's then that you need to renew it.

"If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the flock!"
    10-07-13 07:56 PM