Optional $5-$10 BIS plans I am very willing to pay more for it on top of my already big data plan, please allow for it!!
    02-06-13 09:45 AM
    Optional $5-$10 BIS plans I am very willing to pay more for it on top of my already big data plan, please allow for it!!
    In Apple and Android, I think there is an app called Onavo or something that does data compression. I think there is also a VPN app in Android/Apple that does data compression. So, if you are asking for BIS for data compression, you may want to look into data compression apps/VPN providers. Maybe we can request them to make it available on BB 10 as well.

EDIT: here is the app Onavo | Free apps and advice how to get more our of your data plan, at home and abroad - we can ask them to make it for BB 10.
    02-06-13 10:27 AM
    SOUND PROFILES - I need one for bedtime, one for meetings, one for when I am out and its difficult to hear my phone.

INDIVIDUAL CONTACT SOUND PROFILES - I used to be able to put texts on vibrate from certain contacts. This is not an option anymore. I can now only customize to certain ring tone sound.

WORD SUBSTITUTION - I could type something like "gna" and it would automatically change it to "going to" because I had set it up as a word substitute.

I am not bashing blackberry either, I love it. But I am really surprised to not see a lot of these little things that BB users have become reliant on.
    mzceetee likes this.
    02-06-13 10:35 AM
    BEDSIDE MODE!

why doesn't bedside mode launch when i plug in to charge? it's so cumbersome to have to launch the clock, swipe, tap, blah blah blah.

such a small feature, but one that I really (REALLY) loved!
    02-06-13 11:07 AM

In holster/out of holster profiles.
    This! I forgot how much I missed it!
    02-06-13 11:13 AM
    I'm not needing it for compression; I just want it for Push. I so very miss instant sync emails. It just doesn't feel like a berry without it!

In Apple and Android, I think there is an app called Onavo or something that does data compression. I think there is also a VPN app in Android/Apple that does data compression. So, if you are asking for BIS for data compression, you may want to look into data compression apps/VPN providers. Maybe we can request them to make it available on BB 10 as well.

EDIT: here is the app Onavo | Free apps and advice how to get more our of your data plan, at home and abroad - we can ask them to make it for BB 10.
    02-06-13 11:28 AM
    As many have already said, SOUND PROFILES, with different sounds for each email account, and sound repetition settings.
    02-06-13 01:11 PM
    PIN to PIN messaging. If I knew this would be removed I wouldn't have upgraded straight up...
    02-06-13 03:05 PM
    Profiles
    Notifications

DATA COMPRESSION - world travellers need this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-06-13 03:12 PM
    Proper and functioning Bedside Mode. Customizable notifications with LED control. Option to enable everything to go through BIS for when I want to travel Internationally, or if I want to save bandwidth. The fact that we have to say that we want it to do things a BlackBerry is supposed to do is sad. Pretty sure they are still selling this device under the name BlackBerry. I expected everything the old phone could do, plus great apps and media support. Seems like they didn't put up a list of BBOS features that the in-house devs had to check off.
    02-06-13 03:16 PM
    Pin to pin i believe if works from bbm, want dm your pin and we can try

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-06-13 03:23 PM
    Full Bridge functionality including email, calendar etc between BB10 and Playbook
    02-06-13 03:33 PM
    Easy answer.........all of them. At bare minimum, all standard features should have been passed on the the new OS in some form or fashion. But I'm sure these will all eventually make their way back.......crossing fingers
    QWKSNKE likes this.
    02-06-13 03:39 PM
    Easy answer.........all of them. At bare minimum, all standard features should have been passed on the the new OS in some form or fashion. But I'm sure these will all eventually make their way back.......crossing fingers
    This! There should not have been a loss in features with the new OS. Pathetic!
    mzceetee likes this.
    02-06-13 05:24 PM
    1. I am missing out of everything the ability to set the length of the vibration when a notification comes in. I was a huge fan of a short vibrate and then let the LED inform me of the source.
    2. Also in relation with having everything on short vibrations, I miss being able to choose that all notifiers are on vibrate with the exception of my phone ringer.

Most other little things have already been mentioned so I wont repeat.
    02-06-13 07:03 PM
    This! There should not have been a loss in features with the new OS. Pathetic!
    I agree with this as a whole, that's what set us apart from other platforms the Blackberry uniqueness of customizing our device to our desire from sound profiles,customizable notifications with LED control ect...,renewal of the old with the new but keep it BLACKBERRY...
    02-06-13 08:02 PM
    1. Calendar Alarms - I use my Calendar for EVERYTHING so this is key for me. Setting up appointments is one thing and having a reminder on it is another, but a separate alarm is what I relay on daily. I have probably 3-4 separate alarms on a daily basis: wake up, leave for work, go to the gym, take medication, etc. So this is probably my #1 thing I want to see come back.
    You can still do this, when setting an event on the calendar just set the reminder to AT START and for repeat if this is a daily reminder then just set it that way

2. "Files" Management - In the old BB OS I was able to edit a file more so than you can with BB10. I liked being able to hide files, hide folders and hide apps, for instance. Hiding apps I don't use very often but I may want to use one day, for instance Smart Tags or Print ToGo, helped me keep the clutter out of my phone. I use to make folders for apps that I never used like my e-mail accounts, text messages app or apps I wont use. Hiding files I don't want people to start sifting through important work documents but are still important for me to access on the go was important to me and once I got home, I could transfer it safely to my computer and unhide the file(s).
    I never edit anything using the stock file manager so i am not sure what was there that it is no more, i believe some third party file management apps would be able to do this, hide and unhide files, in regards of the hiding apps icons i just do not miss it at all, you can still create apps folders though

4. More Settings - Being able to view Device Settings and Advanced System Settings in particular. I understand some of the settings from Device is now separated elsewhere but some of the settings I just can't find. Also, Advanced System Settings - Being able to go into View/ Delete Service Book's, Browser Push settings, Default Services and the like. I want to be able to feel like I can have some advanced settings as a whole oppose to being locked out and using the basic settings like other phones.
    You do not need to check for service books and browser push anymore since we are no longer using BIS, the reason why you had those in legacy devices because some services were enabled this way trough the NOC, default services you still have them, for email and calendar go to settings>>accounts>>and the bottom hit "set defaults", in the calendar swipe from top down>>settings>>meeting invitations settings.

2. I want an email icon (I am always going to use gestures to get to the hub but if I have to hand my phone to somebody who is not familiar with BB 10, I want that person to be able to click on email icon to get to hub->emails)

3. I want trackpad for better/faster precision and faster copy/paste of text. Trackpad makes text-manipulation/text-editing much faster.

4. I want status bar to show # of notifications and kinds of notifications. BB 7 will show you # emails, #text message icon, #whatsapp messages, battery life, signal strength. I want that stuff visible in-app as well.

5. Fine grained sound profiles
    2. click the 4 horizontal lines, on any screen and this will take you straight to the hub, i know is not an icon but is something right?
    3. While I agree with you here i believe is just a matter of getting used to it, it was the same dilemma when they moved from the trackball to the trackpad
    4. some apps offer the view for the status bar, the notifications i think that is the whole peek idea to avoid some clutter at the top bar, once again i believe is just a matter of getting used to

Need to see the ability to customize bedside mode return.. including being able to set it to automatically switch the sound profile to 'phone calls only' like we used to.

Would also like to see the social feeds app back

And would like to be able to set individual volumes per notification, and different sounds per email account.

Other then that i'm loving my z10!
    I agree with the bedside mode situation and i believe is going to be fixed in software updates, the social feeds app i doubt it will come back as we knew it

So there is nothing "push" anymore?
    Yes there is push email still, unless of course your email provider does not support it, but as far as i can tell you gmail is push email to receive and send, two way sync is a bit choppy as has always been with legacy devices

DLNA - ability to select folders I want to make available for DLNA (or exclude some folders from DLNA). I want to DLNA some music videos, but not videos I record from camera. So, I want to exclude certain folders from DLNA.
    As far as i know no mobile platform allows dlna to work this way, i might be wrong though but i do not think that is the case, legacy devices worked just the same as BB10

- EMAIL icon (swiping gesture to get to Hub is a great shortcut, but there should be an EMAIL icon!)
    Calendar Alarms and Multiple Alarms - need to be able to set multiple alarms
    Already replied to this two
    - Ability to store emails for more than 30 days
    I am confused with this one, you mean to retrieve email for more then 30 days on first sync or to keep them on device for more then 30 days after receiving those, because if i recall correctly on legacy devices you could not retrieve past emails on first sync, at least not on BIS, once again if I'm wrong correct me please
    - Option to delete from device, server, both
    - Improved push (gmail emails seem delayed, probably a gmail issue but BB should figure out a workaround to make it instant)
    You will have to set the delete setting on the server, for instance on gmail if you did not changed it, emails deleted on device are archived which means you can still get then in the all mail folder, i believe all services give you this option to be set up when retrieving email via any client, as for the delays on emails, it seems to be a gmail issue, i have two accounts and i am getting emails instantaneously in one and delayed in the other

WORD SUBSTITUTION - I could type something like "gna" and it would automatically change it to "going to" because I had set it up as a word substitute.
    Settings>>language and imput>>automated assistance>> is the first option at the top of the screen
    02-06-13 09:19 PM

BIS was a data compression and VPN, and probably superior to any of the apps that you are mentioning. Also BIS allow your phone to save battery because it did the polling and the heavy lifting for e-mail and the phone didn't have to waste bits or battery for mail. My BIS right now is getting OWA e-mail for me and pushing it to my phone when a new one comes in and the phone isn't talking to the OWA server at all, just the BIS, and 3 other e-mail account. Plus their are the International BlackBerry plans that give you unlimited service while on travel for a low price because BIS was that efficient. I would too would like to have RIM bring back BIS because as we are seeing from all the messages that despite all the "On Apple and Android e-mail is just as good as BlackBerry", that this isn't/wasn't the case now the the Z10 uses the same protocols and works like Apple and Android.
    Acumenight likes this.
    02-06-13 09:46 PM
    You ask anyone "what is blackberry known for?" They will answer "email". I can't believe they are getting rid of BIS. The only reason I stayed with blackberry for so long and was left out of the app ecosystem android/apple has was because of BIS and now that's gone. Its a sad day for BIS lovers.
    Acumenight and NickUK like this.
    02-06-13 10:20 PM
    My wishlist for next OS update is here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-768484/ (90% are probably just old BB OS 7 features)
    02-06-13 10:34 PM
    Totally agree! Glad someone has said it. I can live with everything else. BRING BACK BIS!

You ask anyone "what is blackberry known for?" They will answer "email". I can't believe they are getting rid of BIS. The only reason I stayed with blackberry for so long and was left out of the app ecosystem android/apple has was because of BIS and now that's gone. Its a sad day for BIS lovers.
    02-11-13 03:26 PM
    A bunch of threads on this but without BIS, any e-mail that isn't set up via ActiveSync are no longer push.
    For example on my GMail account, the "sync" option is 15 minutes or longer (30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, ...) or MANUAL.
    For my GMail there's a setting that says "Use push if supported". Mine is set to ON and even though Sync Interval is set to 15 minutes, my GMail messages get to my Z10 the same time they hit my GMail in box online.
    02-11-13 04:10 PM
    bis..... im going back to my 9900 tonight, i sold my phone since rogers wouldnt take it back. its a pos imo
    02-11-13 04:20 PM
    A secure (non cloud) Microsoft Outlook sync for contacts, calendar and tasks, through USB or bluetooth. The next phone/OS purchase must have this feature. All other apps are toys in our situation.
    02-11-13 06:24 PM
    Me too. Back to my 9900. One thing I would like to see return to BB10 is me as a user when i don't have to wait 15 mins for an email. BlackBerry is BIS and BBM otherwise no different from the crowd.

bis..... im going back to my 9900 tonight, i sold my phone since rogers wouldnt take it back. its a pos imo
    02-11-13 06:27 PM
56 123