A few weeks ago just purchased a beat up z30 running 10.3.3 on eBay for next to nothing to have a play with and as a previous android user I am loving it!
    The os just flows and the sound on the z30 rivals modern phones.
    However the native browser is almost unusable for many sites now. Have been trying various others opera, opera mini, chromium old build 69 modern kiwi but none have met my needs or have had to many issues..

However the latest firefox beta 68.3b5 runs better than the current one and most others I've tried and does actually close when you press quit. What are you all using?
    For apps I have downloaded f-droid and can use android apps when the native on bbworld don't work.

The apps I have chosen are Reddit in motion as Reddit client, Rss Savvy and feeder as newsreader. New pipe legacy for YouTube. bpod and sound waves for podcasts and rad.io for Internet radio. These all perform well. Would love to hear what others are using to keep what is now a legacy os working in 2019 and comments as to why you still use it in preference to ios or Android. That's all for now!

Posted via CB10
    WiseEyes likes this.
    11-26-19 09:44 AM
    A few weeks ago just purchased a beat up z30 running 10.3.3 on eBay for next to nothing to have a play with and as a previous android user I am loving it!
    However the native browser is almost unusable for many sites now. Have been trying various others opera, opera mini, chromium old build 69 modern kiwi but none have met my needs or have had to many issues..

However the latest firefox beta 68.3b5 runs better than the current one and most others I've tried and does actually close when you press quit. What are you all using?
    For apps I have downloaded f-droid and can use android apps when the native on bbworld don't work.

The apps I have chosen are Reddit in motion as Reddit client, Rss Savvy and feeder as newsreader. New pipe legacy for YouTube. bpod and sound waves for podcasts and rad.io for Internet radio. These all perform well. Would love to hear what others are using to keep what is now a legacy os working in 2019 and comments as to why you still use it in preference to ios or Android. That's all for now!

Posted via CB10
    I think most hold-outs use and love the no-nonsense HUB (email and SMS), and the phone.

If you need to use a number of apps however, the use of those "superior" basic features comes at an increasing cost.
    Last edited by conite; 11-26-19 at 03:03 PM.
    11-26-19 11:16 AM

Firefox for sites that have issues with the native browser and native browser for the rest. Reader mode on the native one is my favourite way of reading online texts.
    WiseEyes likes this.
    11-26-19 02:46 PM
    Firefox and the MagicJack app for making US and Canada phone calls.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-19 09:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    If you are using RSS Savvy you can upgrade to Feedminder from within the Savvy app. Has better customization.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-19 09:37 AM
    Stock apps:
    - Hub
    - Calendar
    - Contacts
    - Remember
    - Browser (in Reader Mode, with desktop shortcuts to dozens of publications and other text-focused Web sites that still work perfectly on the BB10 Browser)
    - Maps (for orientation, and occasional turn by turn directions)
    - Clock/Alarm
    - Compass
    - Camera
    - Photos
    - Videos
    - File Manager

BBW apps:
    BPod
    CB
    Kindle
    StopTimerx
    Notepad Plus
    Tuner

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    WiseEyes likes this.
    12-05-19 10:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    My life is good with bb10 because

1. I receive emails instantly through hub

2. BB stock apps like phone, messages, music, photos, video, reminder, docs to go, bbm, calender, contacts, calculator, file manager and assistant are heart and soul of the device.

3. Device connections is the best feature ever using which I can connect to my laptop and exchange data as and when required. This is perfectly integrated with file manager.

4. Using blend and link, I can take full back up on my laptop and I never bother about safety of my data

5. Spotify (old version of android) still works flawlessly. I spend hours of time everyday.

6. Whatsapp latest apk works flawlessly and I get instant notifications

4. "A New Pipe" (You can get download link from Adapted android apps for bb10 thread) is superior youtube app, using which I can watch videos in background, download them into video and audio formats. It works very well like a native app.

5. BB10 browser is still good as most of the sites still load properly and browser is superfast. Fennec android browser works super smooth and it supports the sites which are not supported by the stock browser. I have downloaded this from same adapted android apps for bb10 thread and applied tweaks given there. This has breathed life to my bb10.

6. I use Fennec for below

- Ola and uber still works through Fennec browser . So I can book cab whenever I want without issues.
    - Paytm web works well on Fennec browser.
    - Swiggy and other food sites to order food
    - Twitter (on stock browser twitter loads its legacy version)
    - and other sites not supported by stock browser

7. BB10 streaming apps rad.io and bpod to listen radio and prodcasts . CB10 native app is the best!

8. Facebook and messenger lite apps works very well and you will get instant notifications. Chatting with friends using messenger lite app on bb10 is fun. Your friends who are chatting on their android and ios phones cant match your speed at all.

9. Google maps 9.21.0 android version works butter smooth for step by step navigation

10. I recently got to know about native "Shortcut creator" app. This is awesome app to create shortcuts using custom icons. For some reason, stock browser stopped created shortcuts with proper icons.

So, enjoy your BB10. You can do everything on BB10 that an android can do with a little effort.

Classic is magic!
    Last edited by babugaru1; 12-05-19 at 01:17 PM.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    12-05-19 01:04 PM
    Stock apps:
    - Hub
    - Calendar
    - Contacts
    - Remember
    - Browser (in Reader Mode, with desktop shortcuts to dozens of publications and other text-focused Web sites that still work perfectly on the BB10 Browser)
    - Maps (for orientation, and occasional turn by turn directions)
    - Clock/Alarm
    - Compass
    - Camera
    - Photos
    - Videos
    - File Manager

BBW apps:
    BPod
    CB
    Kindle
    StopTimerx
    Notepad Plus
    Tuner

Is Kindle working? I downloaded it from BBW (KOBO) and it won't open for me. Keeps saying no Internet connection to register a new account. Could it be one must have downloaded prior?

Posted via my Passport
    12-05-19 01:17 PM
    Is Kindle working? I downloaded it from BBW (KOBO) and it won't open for me. Keeps saying no Internet connection to register a new account. Could it be one must have downloaded prior?

Posted via my Passport
    Are you attempting with existing account but getting that message? Have you attempted to setup new account to see what happens next?

This sounds like version compatibility issue
    12-05-19 01:56 PM
    5. BB10 browser is still good as most of the sites still load properly and browser is superfast. Fennec android browser works super smooth and it supports the sites which are not supported by the stock browser. I have downloaded this from same adapted android apps for bb10 thread and applied tweaks given there. This has breathed life to my bb10.
    Oooh, I dunno about that. I mean for me the browser still works with 99% of the sites I visit and the ones that do not, we'll, it usually doesn't work on the mobile browsers on my other devices either

But to characterize it as "superfast"? Hmmm.... the underlying hardware is a bit slow for what web sites throw at it nowadays. It takes the Z30 or Passport to even keep up with a mid-level newer phone nowadays.

The browser is still quite capable for me though. While travelling recently I had to resort to Google Maps, which was no problem through the browser. I also prefer to use the browser for Youtube as well.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-19 03:48 PM

Posted via my Passport
    It is working for me. I downloaded it from BBW in 2013 before the Amazon App Store integration, Sonim using that original version, not the one from the Amazon Android store.

Kindle for BlackBerry 10 version 3.8.2.52

12-05-19 03:52 PM
    Are you attempting with existing account but getting that message? Have you attempted to setup new account to see what happens next?

This sounds like version compatibility issue
    I'm attempting to register. Just says Internet connection necessary. Internet is working.

Posted via my Passport
    12-05-19 04:27 PM
    It is working for me. I downloaded it from BBW in 2013 before the Amazon App Store integration, Sonim using that original version, not the one from the Amazon Android store.

Kindle for BlackBerry 10 version 3.8.2.52

Could be the Register function is now broken. Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    12-05-19 04:28 PM
    Could be the Register function is now broken. Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    Crusader broke the internet. You read it here first.
    12-05-19 06:46 PM
    Here is what I have used in the last week or so. Only about 7 of these with any real frequency. (Hub, Browser, IRC, Reddit, QuickStocks, Shell, Chess)

-Hub
    -Browser (works on all the sites I need to go on.)
    -Chromium with a bunch of stuff disabled as a backup
    -Browsie with javascript and images disabled (limited data plan).
    -AtomicIRC
    -Reddit In Motion
    -QuickStocks
    -Steam
    -CB10
    -Chess-wise
    -Retroarch
    -Dicey
    -Hungry Cat Mahjong
    -Solitaire City
    -Ghost Commander
    -RAR
    -BGShellPlus
    -Helium
    -Maps
    -Navfree
    -Weather
    -Weather Radar USA
    -Alarm
    -Music
    -Startracker Lite
    -Camera/Photo
    -Several toddler games.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-19 11:55 AM
    Oooh, I dunno about that. I mean for me the browser still works with 99% of the sites I visit and the ones that do not, we'll, it usually doesn't work on the mobile browsers on my other devices either

But to characterize it as "superfast"? Hmmm.... the underlying hardware is a bit slow for what web sites throw at it nowadays. It takes the Z30 or Passport to even keep up with a mid-level newer phone nowadays.

The browser is still quite capable for me though. While travelling recently I had to resort to Google Maps, which was no problem through the browser. I also prefer to use the browser for Youtube as well.

Posted via CB10
    Clarification, super fast in comparison with any android browser on bb10!

Classic is magic!
    12-06-19 12:25 PM
    Here is what I have used in the last week or so. Only about 7 of these with any real frequency. (Hub, Browser, IRC, Reddit, QuickStocks, Shell, Chess)

-Hub
    -Browser (works on all the sites I need to go on.)
    -Chromium with a bunch of stuff disabled as a backup
    -Browsie with javascript and images disabled (limited data plan).
    -AtomicIRC
    -Reddit In Motion
    -QuickStocks
    -Steam
    -CB10
    -Chess-wise
    -Retroarch
    -Dicey
    -Hungry Cat Mahjong
    -Solitaire City
    -Ghost Commander
    -RAR
    -BGShellPlus
    -Helium
    -Maps
    -Navfree
    -Weather
    -Weather Radar USA
    -Alarm
    -Music
    -Startracker Lite
    -Camera/Photo
    -Several toddler games.

Posted via CB10
    I cant locate most of the apps on BBW. If you provide links, that will be great!

Classic is magic!
    12-06-19 12:26 PM
    I cant locate most of the apps on BBW. If you provide links, that will be great!

Classic is magic!
    Have you checked Yalp or Apkpure
    12-06-19 12:28 PM
    Have you checked Yalp or Apkpure
    Haha...I thought those were native apps.
    12-06-19 12:36 PM
    Haha...I thought those were native apps.
    Well if they’re not in your BBW, it means they’re either removed from download, not compatible or requires purchase, but since I know that, I assumed you did too.
    12-06-19 12:43 PM
    Steam is from their website. RAR is from there website, AtomicIRC is from fdroid (although it is just yaaic with a couple bug fixes I needed for work. That is in bbw) Chromium is linked from BEOS browser's thread.

Retroarch is a bar in one of the threads, plus a little extra work getting the needed files. And side loading it all.

Everything else is from bbw.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-19 02:13 PM
    KIK, What's App, Skype, Inst10, and I need one for Twitter but couple of things. I notice these apps make my BlackBerry Z30 terribly slow. So I think I am going to avoid from using them and uninstall them. I do have an iPad 6th gen for that at home and an Galaxy GS6 that works flawlessly with apps. I use my Z30 for work so yeah I think it's best to keep things separate haha

Posted via CB10 on my  Z30
    12-09-19 10:00 AM
    KIK, What's App, Skype, Inst10, and I need one for Twitter but couple of things. I notice these apps make my BlackBerry Z30 terribly slow. So I think I am going to avoid from using them and uninstall them. I do have an iPad 6th gen for that at home and an Galaxy GS6 that works flawlessly with apps. I use my Z30 for work so yeah I think it's best to keep things separate haha

Posted via CB10 on my  Z30
    I suggest you to use android app called twidere for twitter. It works great

Classic is magic!
    12-09-19 12:01 PM
    My life is good with bb10 because

1. I receive emails instantly through hub

2. BB stock apps like phone, messages, music, photos, video, reminder, docs to go, bbm, calender, contacts, calculator, file manager and assistant are heart and soul of the device.

3. Device connections is the best feature ever using which I can connect to my laptop and exchange data as and when required. This is perfectly integrated with file manager.

4. Using blend and link, I can take full back up on my laptop and I never bother about safety of my data

5. Spotify (old version of android) still works flawlessly. I spend hours of time everyday.

6. Whatsapp latest apk works flawlessly and I get instant notifications

4. "A New Pipe" (You can get download link from Adapted android apps for bb10 thread) is superior youtube app, using which I can watch videos in background, download them into video and audio formats. It works very well like a native app.

6. I use Fennec for below

- Ola and uber still works through Fennec browser . So I can book cab whenever I want without issues.
    - Paytm web works well on Fennec browser.
    - Swiggy and other food sites to order food
    - Twitter (on stock browser twitter loads its legacy version)
    - and other sites not supported by stock browser

7. BB10 streaming apps rad.io and bpod to listen radio and prodcasts . CB10 native app is the best!

8. Facebook and messenger lite apps works very well and you will get instant notifications. Chatting with friends using messenger lite app on bb10 is fun. Your friends who are chatting on their android and ios phones cant match your speed at all.

9. Google maps 9.21.0 android version works butter smooth for step by step navigation

10. I recently got to know about native "Shortcut creator" app. This is awesome app to create shortcuts using custom icons. For some reason, stock browser stopped created shortcuts with proper icons.

So, enjoy your BB10. You can do everything on BB10 that an android can do with a little effort.

Classic is magic!
    Ok im confused I just switched back to BlackBerry 10 blend still works? I've never been able to get it working on my windows computer running Windows 7

Posted via CB10
    12-09-19 02:18 PM
    Thanks so much for these lists. I have forgotten about many of these and just went to get them.

Also I just wanted to throw out there that I am using MapQuest latest version from APK Mirror and it works great on my Passport and I'm sure it would display even better on a Z10 or Z30.

Effetica pro
    Clipman clipboard manager
    Light anytime
    Call blocker pro
    Read Out! (TTS)
    Phone finder
    Penzus MMT
    ID3iot
    Ringtone creator
    Quick Drawing
    Noted
    Currency Plus
    Dictionary Pro
    Folder Music
    Add to Calendar
    FotoNINJA
    Mock it
    MultiFEED aggregator for RSS news.
    MultiCRON is a workout timer for circuit training and such.
    X-Plore APK to access my DropBox storage

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 12-09-19 at 08:45 PM.
    12-09-19 02:48 PM
144 123 ...