Time shift was around on galaxies by another name before bb10 released and now exists even on nokias. It's really not that big a deal

Night Radio Show Tune-In and Discussion: C0012487D Q&A with an Ex-Mormon/LDS: C00121BDD
    Again, you're not paying attention. Yes, many phones (and cameras, for that matter) will take a rapid series of stills and let you scroll through them to pick your favorite. What BB10 did differently was to combine that with facial recognition, pick out the faces in a photo, and allow the user to adjust the timeline for each individual face.

I believe the software will identify up to six faces in a photo and allow independent adjustment of each. The implication there is that you have a huge range of actual shots to pick from, since you have a few seconds for the ENTIRE shot, and for each of six individuals in the shot. The user could adjust EACH OF THOSE SIX to be a completely different time from each other, and the overall shot.
    Blomsternisse likes this.
    10-18-13 01:35 AM
    Pretty sure this is on iPhones as well.
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-18-13 02:45 AM
    Mashables did a comparison of the BB Timeshift and the Note2 version. The BB could do up to 6 faces while the Note2 managed 8-10 (out of 12). In the end the Note2 was deemed "primitive" compared to BBs.

Pretty sure this is on iPhones as well.
    SMH
    10-18-13 06:24 AM
    Again, you're not paying attention. Yes, many phones (and cameras, for that matter) will take a rapid series of stills and let you scroll through them to pick your favorite. What BB10 did differently was to combine that with facial recognition, pick out the faces in a photo, and allow the user to adjust the timeline for each individual face.

I believe the software will identify up to six faces in a photo and allow independent adjustment of each. The implication there is that you have a huge range of actual shots to pick from, since you have a few seconds for the ENTIRE shot, and for each of six individuals in the shot. The user could adjust EACH OF THOSE SIX to be a completely different time from each other, and the overall shot.

Once again, YOU aren't paying attention. This exists and has existed in Android for some time now! Pulling out a.face and changing it, while letting the rest of the shot stay the same. Definitely a thing before BB10, and Nokia's is now much much better than BB's.

Night Radio Show Tune-In and Discussion: C0012487D Q&A with an Ex-Mormon/LDS: C00121BDD
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    10-18-13 11:26 AM
    They should.. Cause this is just a rip off... Plain and simple!
    But sideloading android apps isnt? And I can do this with android. There are a few apps that do this too.
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    10-18-13 11:44 AM
    Once again, YOU aren't paying attention. This exists and has existed in Android for some time now! Pulling out a.face and changing it, while letting the rest of the shot stay the same. Definitely a thing before BB10, and Nokia's is now much much better than BB's.

I don't know what kind of Galaxy's you have but my S2 & my S3 sure doesn't have this feature.
    It does however as Thunderbuck stated have burst mode which is NOT the same as Time Shift.
    10-18-13 11:55 AM
    I don't know what kind of Galaxy's you have but my S2 & my S3 sure doesn't have this feature.
    It does however as Thunderbuck stated have burst mode which is NOT the same as Time Shift.
    There are apps.
    10-18-13 11:56 AM

Doubtless Nokia's is "now much better", since they now own the company that developed the technology to begin with.
    10-18-13 12:24 PM
    "Best Face" camera mode has been available on S3 since Android 4.1.2, which was available on Korea since last year and in Canada since June. Apps have existed before that to do this feature, as linpak said. BlackBerry did not innovate Time Shift, though they integrated it nicely. Still not a major selling point for BlackBerry's and anyone else employing this feature is in no way "stealing" it.

10-18-13 03:41 PM
    Nobodies got time to use time shift feature anyways. I don't feel like that's what BlackBerry 10 is known for.
    Yeah I think i used once or maybe twice, its easier/faster to take more than one shot then choose the right one than using time shift

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 03:48 PM
    Mashables did a comparison of the BB Timeshift and the Note2 version. The BB could do up to 6 faces while the Note2 managed 8-10 (out of 12). In the end the Note2 was deemed "primitive" compared to BBs.

SMH
    Do you always shake your head for no reason?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 05:22 PM
    Maybe not really related to the whole discussion, but I was just viewing an ad for the Sony Z1 on a screen, the slogan was "Be moved" which reminded me of BBRYs "Keep moving" for some reason.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    10-19-13 04:20 AM
    There are apps.
    lol this isnt an app, this is a built in future. run along now troll
    10-19-13 08:48 AM
    "Best Face" camera mode has been available on S3 since Android 4.1.2, which was available on Korea since last year and in Canada since June. Apps have existed before that to do this feature, as linpak said. BlackBerry did not innovate Time Shift, though they integrated it nicely. Still not a major selling point for BlackBerry's and anyone else employing this feature is in no way "stealing" it.

you really don't think it is not a selling point? Tell any person who is crazy about selfies and constantly taking pics, it is one of the major ooooo's and aaaaa's when showing BB10 to anyone on android and ios.
    10-19-13 08:50 AM
    Doubtless Nokia's is "now much better", since they now own the company that developed the technology to begin with.
    You are the voice of reason; wish others actually read your posts.
    10-19-13 08:57 AM
    Do you always shake your head for no reason?

Posted via CB10
    Lol nice edit.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 09:15 AM

Its bloody even called Z1... Only a 0 away?
    Buddy, Sony has used this type of naming convention since 2010.

SONY Xperia X10 ...3 years old.

BlackBerry jacked this convention.
    The Z10.....only a Y away from Sony???

Deanig_12 and cwalt2166 like this.
    10-19-13 11:36 AM
    Lol nice edit.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't edit your post or mine.
    You feeling alright?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 11:53 AM
    Lol not a copy OP. Its simple technology.
    10-19-13 11:58 AM
    dunno why your all arguing but some of the people in here are right its been out quite awhile to be honest still nice either way
    campbecw likes this.
    10-19-13 12:02 PM
    Another desperate post...sigh
    10-19-13 01:33 PM
    I've got bronchitis...no time fo dat timeshift

From my smokin' Barbeque10
    10-20-13 05:48 AM
    The sales show what a fantastic competitive advantage time shift...

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    10-20-13 05:56 AM
48 12