Gah! I'm a spelling and grammar nazi (but you'd never guess from the poor quality of my posts on Crackberry ... LOLz).

It's getting more than a little irritating that my Q10, well intentioned though it might be, seems to think I meant to to type we'll every time I type well; it politely auto-corrects for me when I press space. It's trying to kill me with this kindness.

Any quick fixes anyone can suggest to rid myself of this ... not-so-charming quirk?

Thanks!
    10-31-13 09:36 AM
    Can you delete we'll from corrections? Then you'll have to type it though.
    10-31-13 09:41 AM
    I've heard you're able to override the suggestion by going into word substitution settings and adding an entry to change "well" into "well".

I've gotten used to hitting the autocorrect suggestion for "well" in the black bar instead of the space bar. When a word appears in green, you'll know the space bar will force a correction.
    10-31-13 09:47 AM
    Ahh cheers BravoZuluDelta, that worked. It's funny that I have to correct we'll, which started out as well, to turn back into well (all's we'll that ends well?).

No way to crack open the master auto-correct word-list is there?
    10-31-13 11:00 AM
    I don't think so. That list is adaptive and (eventually) learns what you type more frequently. I've found that after correcting we'll back to well several times, it stops doing that correction - until the next time I use "we'll", and it once again thinks I really, really want to use that contraction at all times.

I definitely prefer the old way of doing it, where "well" was always "well" and "we'll" was typed using "wel".
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    10-31-13 11:04 AM