I can send group texts. No problem. I just can't receive group texts and all my sent group texts come back as single responses.
    06-15-16 09:13 AM
    I can send group texts. No problem. I just can't receive group texts and all my sent group texts come back as single responses.
    This looks to be unsolvable perhaps and maybe back to your iPhone. I doubt whether that app will receive properly but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    06-15-16 09:18 AM
    From reading other posts, it appears the Priv has the same issue. november 19, 2015 post
    06-15-16 09:21 AM
    iPhone is the problem. iPhone does not work properly in Group txting. Groups txt's between BB's and Android seems to work fine. My mother has an iPhone, her husband has an Android phone. When I group txt them, her husband responses are in the group, my mom's comes in by itself. I have experienced a lot of problems with group txting and iPhones. My wife had an iPhone at one time. I believe it has something to do with iMessage. Good luck sorting it out.
    brian4591 likes this.
    06-15-16 09:25 AM
    iPhone is the problem. iPhone does not work properly in Group txting. Groups txt's between BB's and Android seems to work fine. My mother has an iPhone, her husband has an Android phone. When I group txt them, her husband responses are in the group, my mom's comes in by itself. I have experienced a lot of problems with group txting and iPhones. My wife had an iPhone at one time. I believe it has something to do with iMessage. Good luck sorting it out.
    You may be correct. I'm gonna have an android user send me a group text and see if I get it.
    06-15-16 09:42 AM
    Alright, I just made a few tests involving a Passport, iPhone and Windows Phone (I can try with Android later).

Turns out that Windows Phone is utterly useless in this regard, all incoming group texts are received individually in every single test.

I had some success between the iPhone and Blackberry, but it all comes down to whether the text message is send as an MMS or SMS. If it is a SMS, the text message will be received individually.

If I keep sending pictures back and forth, this works most of the time and they will be displayed in the group message. This is obviously not very practical. I tried forcing text-only messages to be sent as MMS, but for some reason that didn't work. Also, we cannot control whether text-only messages are sent as MMS on iPhone (to my knowledge).

I haven't had any problems with not receiving the messages, but there were some delay in some cases. What is your Routing Preference on?

I know it is not ideal, but since you are a Pastor it would make sense for you to put up a poster for the "official" way to contact you, being BBM or any other service you prefer.
    06-15-16 10:03 AM
    Alright, I just made a few tests involving a Passport, iPhone and Windows Phone (I can try with Android later).

Turns out that Windows Phone is utterly useless in this regard, all incoming group texts are received individually in every single test.

I had some success between the iPhone and Blackberry, but it all comes down to whether the text message is send as an MMS or SMS. If it is a SMS, the text message will be received individually.

If I keep sending pictures back and forth, this works most of the time and they will be displayed in the group message. This is obviously not very practical. I tried forcing text-only messages to be sent as MMS, but for some reason that didn't work. Also, we cannot control whether text-only messages are sent as MMS on iPhone (to my knowledge).

I haven't had any problems with not receiving the messages, but there were some delay in some cases. What is your Routing Preference on?

I know it is not ideal, but since you are a Pastor it would make sense for you to put up a poster for the "official" way to contact you, being BBM or any other service you prefer.
    What do you mean "Routing Preference"?
    06-15-16 10:11 AM
    Hub -> Settings -> Text Messages -> Advanced -> Routing Preference
    06-15-16 10:18 AM
    Hub -> Settings -> Text Messages -> Advanced -> Routing Preference
    I don't see that 'ROUTING PREFERENCE" option. hub..settings...text messages...advanced... and here is what I see:

SMS
    Allow special characters
    service center address
    +19037029920
    send text-only messages
    mms
    Retries
    apn settings
    APN
    VZWAPP
    username
    Password
    reset APN Defaults
    06-15-16 10:26 AM
    I see, it is a carrier specific thing. I take it you have Verizon?

Just a quick note, why using "vzwapp" instead of "vzwinternet"?

More importantly: Are you able to receive MMS in general (not group messages, but a picture)?
    06-15-16 10:39 AM
    Yes, I can receive photos. I am on Verizon.

I have no idea what "vzwapp" is. Should I try and change it?
    06-15-16 11:33 AM
    Yes, I can receive photos. I am on Verizon.

I have no idea what "vzwapp" is. Should I try and change it?
    If people are trying to send group messages to you and they are sent as MMS, since you are not always receiving their messages, you might have a problem with how you receive MMS on your new Blackberry. This depends on many things, but the problem might be with your your APN settings.

Depending on these settings, your MMS might be sent/received through your data connection. So, if you have 10 GB in your plan and you use all 10 GB, you will not be able to receive any more MMS, even if you have unlimited MMS in your plan - simply because the data connection is stopped. You won't be able to send MMS either, if you turn off Data Services (so even if you are on WiFi, don't turn this off). Now, MMS does not have to be sent through your data connection, so by changing the APN settings, you might be able to send and receive MMS as we did in the old days (before data plans were common).

According to Verizon, the difference between "VZWINTERNET" and "VZWAPP" is:

vzwinternet
    Required for general Internet connections.
    vzwapp
    Required for PDA data service
    Whatever that means. You should contact Verizon or search on the internet for the correct way to setup your settings. Or take a look at the settings on someone phone that you know doesn't have any problems.
    Gebo likes this.
    06-15-16 12:31 PM
    If "they" are using iMessage to reply to the MMS "Group text message", then you will not receive them.
    They will need to not use iMessage for both SMS and MMS.

To add, if they reply and not choose to Reply to All, then only the last message they received sender will get the reply.
    06-15-16 01:15 PM
    This is the weirdest problem ever. I used a Verizon Z30 and group texts unfortunately always worked flawlessly between a myriad of phone OS's. I say "unfortunately" because there is nothing worst in the tech world than group texts. As soon as the number of people goes higher than three it is a cluster of messages coming through to my phone. I hate it especially if someone that isn't in my contact list is included in the group and all I see is their phone number and don't know who it is or if I want them even seeing my texts. You should get on your knees and thank the Lord that it doesn't work properly - then you can just tell these folks to use email which is far superior for that many people. But oh, I forgot, iPhone people don't know how to use email because they don't have it in their Hub so they ignore them completely.

End of rant, sorry.
    06-15-16 06:29 PM
    Gebo the other thing you might consider is this: If you are/were a mac desktop, laptop user or ipad user, and you have an imessage account set up on any of those to recieve imessages on devices other than than your phone, you will need to sign out of imessage to cut the imessage umbilical cord. It's possible that messages are still being routed to your imessage account where you won't necessarily see them.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

oh fuddle duddle!

try that.
    Gebo likes this.
    06-15-16 08:34 PM
    Gebo the other thing you might consider is this: If you are/were a mac desktop, laptop user or ipad user, and you have an imessage account set up on any of those to recieve imessages on devices other than than your phone, you will need to sign out of imessage to cut the imessage umbilical cord. It's possible that messages are still being routed to your imessage account where you won't necessarily see them.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

oh fuddle duddle!

try that.
    Already done! Totally disconnected from iMessage.
    06-15-16 08:45 PM
    Problem solved! See new topic..Group text messaging solved. We WIN!
    Last edited by Gebo; 06-16-16 at 08:44 AM.
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-16-16 08:18 AM
    Problem solved! See new topic..Group text messaging solved. We WIN!
    Link: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rizon-1076941/
    Gebo likes this.
    06-16-16 10:11 AM
    sounds unfortunately like a device or carrier problem. I have been group chatting perfectly fine for over 3 years with my classic and z10 on verizon
    06-16-16 01:53 PM
    sounds unfortunately like a device or carrier problem. I have been group chatting perfectly fine for over 3 years with my classic and z10 on verizon
    Read Link: Group Text Messaging SOLVED! Thank You Verizon!

It has been solved. It was an iMessage memory problem...
    06-16-16 02:10 PM
    As the problem has been resolved and the solution posted (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rizon-1076941/), lets close this.

No need for the bickering to continue. Those posts (and where quoted) have been deleted.
    DaFoxGrey and brookie229 like this.
    06-17-16 07:31 AM
46 12