My family and I were all iOS users up to 3 months ago. I decided to step out and purchase a Classic and a Z30. I love them both. No intention of ever buying an Android BB. Everything was working good as I made the transition to BB over about a 2 month period. Two weeks ago I turned off my iPhone and went all BB.

The majority of my communication is in group texting. I finally got my Classic and Z30 to where I could send a group message and all 6 would get the group text. Thanks to you guys and gals. Good so far but when they respond to my group texts they come back as individual texts. Today one of my family sent me a group text and then they end up calling me asking me why I didn't respond to their text. I told them I didn't respond because I never got their original texts. This sucks. This really sucks. Nobody seems to able to solve this problem for me. Either I am being viewed as some kind of ignorant user that should know it can't be fixed or nobody can help me. I deleted my old number from iMessage. I've enabled group conversations on my BB's.

I feel like just having a big cry and throwing in the towel as I fell like I am being FORCED to go back to iPhone. They are all just smirking at me as I am supposed to be the smart one in the family....I'm Dad. Fiddle fart snicker doodle panty campus! Dang nab it! I feel like I'm being robbed by Apple....This sucks...

I'll Paypal you $25 if you can give me an acceptable solution.
    06-14-16 05:59 PM
    Is your whole family on BB10? If so, I think the best way to do this is to use BBM.

BBM is basically the counterpart of iMessage in BlackBerry world, except that it doesn't support SMS. Everything goes through data or WiFi. You may setup groups, send photo or video, etc.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-14-16 06:10 PM
    If they are still on iPhone they can also install BBM on iPhone and you all can group text each other through it.

06-14-16 06:12 PM
    I'm the only BB10 user.
    06-14-16 07:00 PM
    If they are still on iPhone they can also install BBM on iPhone and you all can group text each other through it.

I'm a Pastor and I send lots of group messages to to other people in the church. Like of for events, fellowship, mowers, praise and worship team, etc...
    06-14-16 07:02 PM
    I am not really into the whole group messaging thing, so I haven't really had a real conversation in a group chat. But I do occasionally receive text messages or pictures, where the sender probably selected multiple recipients. This shows up as a group message on my Passport.

Whenever I reply in the group message, it gets sent to all recipients as well. I am not sure if that shows up as a group message on their phone or not. I will test it out on some of my other phones as soon as I have time.

Passport.
    06-14-16 09:07 PM
    Use whatsapp until it no longer is supported on BB10 or Skype.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-16 09:32 PM
    And all I wanted from my BB Classic was the keyboard and texting and email. I could care less about any apps....

Man, I sure wish I had known this before I wiped my iPhone. Obviously, I am in the minority. I would have figured more of you had an issue with the group texting. I have bad feelings for Apple and now I am being forced back into their fold out of necessity...not by my choice.

I appreciate your offers of help.
    06-15-16 07:15 AM
    Maybe they did something wrong from their side, not yours.
    06-15-16 07:52 AM
    Maybe they did something wrong from their side, not yours.
    I'm good with that if I only knew what to tell them to do to fix it. I always tic the "group" box before sending.
    06-15-16 08:05 AM
    I am also happy with BBM. My wife hates it lol. Did you create BBM group, add members and set them as administrators?

Q10
    06-15-16 08:06 AM
    The problem is you sent it through SMS probably. If you want a textgroup, you'll need to send the text as MMS. When replying, all initial recipients will receive the reply. Costly though...
    Bonnie Bonzai, brian4591 and scr like this.
    06-15-16 08:13 AM
    And all I wanted from my BB Classic was the keyboard and texting and email. I could care less about any apps....

Man, I sure wish I had known this before I wiped my iPhone. Obviously, I am in the minority. I would have figured more of you had an issue with the group texting. I have bad feelings for Apple and now I am being forced back into their fold out of necessity...not by my choice.

I appreciate your offers of help.
    Here is a short video of group text messaging for BB10: Text Messaging on BlackBerry 10 | N4BB . Don't know if it will help you though.
    06-15-16 08:18 AM
    I can send group texts and they all get them. Their responses all come back as individual texts. Not good. The bigger issue is I never receive any group texts. For example, let's say a staff member is notifying several of us about an issue. He/she sends a group text with me included and I never receive it. Let's say they are asking my approval to do this or that, buy something, etc. I never respond and then all the other recipients think "What's wrong with Pastor? Why hasn't he responded?" Well, they don't realize that I never got the original group text to begin with. This has already happened twice. One of my member's little girl was being rushed to the emergency room and the Mom did a group text to me and her husband on Saturday morning. She wanted me to come. I never got the text and she called crying 2 hours later wanting to know why I hadn't called her. Her husband is in the reserves and he was away that weekend serving his country. She needed me. Do you realize what i felt like? I told her I never got her text. She sends me another one and I got it. Of course, that was a single text just to me. I did not look good. The old "I never got the text" really sounded lame... Communication is hard enough and right now I can't afford confusion.

I could get up Sunday morning during the announcements and tell everyone, "If you want to text Pastor, you must download BBM" but that just wouldn't be prudent.
    06-15-16 08:18 AM
    Here is a short video of group text messaging for BB10: Text Messaging on BlackBerry 10 | N4BB . Don't know if it will help you though.
    Thanks but I am doing what he shows in the video.
    06-15-16 08:22 AM
    If I had to guess, I would say it has to do with iMessage on the iPhones. I'd estimate 60% of my congregation use them.
    06-15-16 08:23 AM
    I am also happy with BBM. My wife hates it lol. Did you create BBM group, add members and set them as administrators?

Q10
    No, I haven't.
    06-15-16 08:26 AM
    If I had to guess, I would say it has to do with iMessage on the iPhones. I'd estimate 60% of my congregation use them.

Also check out this app in Blackberry World: SMSbyNow
    Last edited by Elite1; 06-16-16 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Repaired [QUOTE] tags
    06-15-16 08:28 AM
    And I am checking the "group chat" box. Let me be clear there are 2 problems.

The first one is after I check group chat and send text to multiple recipients, their responses come back as individual responses so the others included in the group text from me don't know what the others are texting.

The second one is if anyone includes me in a group text, I never receive it but everyone else does.
    06-15-16 08:29 AM
    Also check out this app in Blackberry World: SMSbyNow
    It looks good but do you know if it will enable me to RECEIVE group texts?
    Last edited by Elite1; 06-16-16 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Repaired quote
    06-15-16 08:34 AM
    It looks good but do you know if it will enable me to RECEIVE group texts?
    Sorry, I do not know that. I have never used the app. Perhaps you could send the developer an email to inquire. There are threads here on CB regarding Group Texting if you do a search, but I have not read them through. Maybe there is no solution for this and it is a shortfall of BB10. I have never used nor needed this capability, but I certainly understand your frustration if no solution is found.
    Last edited by Elite1; 06-16-16 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Repaired quote
    06-15-16 08:41 AM
    I honestly never had a problem with group texts with my z30 but then I never used the group chat. That drives me nuts. On another point, I'd say it's the iphones. They don't play nice with other os. We do a lot of group texting at work and frankly I don't want to see what every one else is saying lol. If I had to guess though there's a setting on the iphones that needs turned off or on to make it all work. I left bb10 for the priv. I won't go iPhone ever, so I picked the only android I knew about that had the BlackBerry vkb features I use most and hasn't been rooted yet. It's going to be a sad day when BlackBerry stops making phones.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    06-15-16 08:44 AM
    I found this response on another thread: "Bug in the BlackBerry OS. Go to settings, text messages from the hub. Advanced. Change "Send Text-Only Message As" from "automatic" to "MMS". You will then send all texts as mms. Mms is required for group text. The flaw in OS10 is that "automatic" doesn't switch to mms correctly for group texts." The thread is : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...05/index2.html
    brian4591 likes this.
    06-15-16 09:01 AM
    I can feel for the OP. My wife is often in a group text with her family using her Z30 and it works correctly except that replies from her sister to my wife's texts to the group come in as individual texts.
    06-15-16 09:10 AM
    I found this response on another thread: "Bug in the BlackBerry OS. Go to settings, text messages from the hub. Advanced. Change "Send Text-Only Message As" from "automatic" to "MMS". You will then send all texts as mms. Mms is required for group text. The flaw in OS10 is that "automatic" doesn't switch to mms correctly for group texts." The thread is : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...05/index2.html
    Thanks! I have already done this. I saw the same thread.
    06-15-16 09:11 AM
46 12