Telling someone else to use the tools on the forum and search isn't being rude, it's helping them so that way they can find answers to all their questions. Instead of making a new thread up for every little question that may have been answered.

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.200
    It's more the tone of how they are told to use the tools. I've been on CB for a long time but have never really posted much and I have to admit I have never really realized there was formal forum etiquette.

With that being said realize some users, English is not their first language so something could be lost in translation or misunderstood.

For those posts that are truly annoying why not just ignore them instead of posting a rude comment.

I know..easier said then done.

But in regards to OP, rude comments do not help Crackberry, BlackBerry or the person who posted it.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 11:46 PM
    It's more the tone of how they are told to use the tools. I've been on CB for a long time but have never really posted much and I have to admit I have never really realized there was formal forum etiquette.

With that being said realize some users, English is not their first language so something could be lost in translation or misunderstood.

For those posts that are truly annoying why not just ignore them instead of posting a rude comment.

I know..easier said then done.

But in regards to OP, rude comments do not help Crackberry, BlackBerry or the person who posted it.

Posted via CB10
    Tone over the interwebz?
    09-13-13 12:05 AM
    Tone over the interwebz?
    It's my 6th sense.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    09-13-13 12:12 AM
    If it's a legit question than they'll get help

If it's something stupid like "when is 10.2 official coming", that is when a little bit of self help goes a long way

Of course people are going to get flamed out, what else do you expect it's the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    Strongly disagree. A new person may not know his/her way around. Additionally there is no reason to disrespect someone just for asking a question. It takes the same amount of energy to type out a snarky remark as it does to write a helpful one.
    bob_tn likes this.
    09-13-13 04:03 AM
    She's better than an admin

Agreed.
    The tone for new users can be very unfriendly, from being called troll or giving them the feeling of being idiots because they need help....

Posted via CB10
    Not better, love, just different group.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-13-13 04:04 AM
    You did read the rule I posted that says "search before you post" right? It's in the community rules that you agree too when you make a account. Not our fault people don't read them.

Posted via CB10
    Kris, there is also a rule about how to address members, and it does not include belittling them or calling them stupid for asking a question.

Actually, there is never a place for calling someone stupid. As far as the Similar Threads, people might miss it. Snarkiness is never the option.
    bob_tn and reeneebob like this.
    09-13-13 04:11 AM
    Man, that's a crappy attitude! So just to clarify, anytime I post a new thread I should start it with; I've searched for hours but couldn't find... will this statement protect me and anyone else from your wrath of rude comments? Should that be included in the terms and conditions of signing up for Crackberry? You should reconsider your stance on the subject because no matter what your excuse or reasoning there is absolutely no reason to be rude to someone else. This is the kind of mentality that is taking the forums from a place I use to love to participate in to a place that sometimes I can't even bother to read.

Posted via CB10
    That is NOT what our rules say, in relation to treatment. There are even infractions for rude language and tone.

Please do not take the impression that the forum condones rude behaviour. ESPECIALLY to new members.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 04:48 AM
    That is NOT what our rules say, in relation to treatment. There are even infractions for rude language and tone.

Please do not take the impression that the forum condones rude behaviour. ESPECIALLY to new members.

Posted via CB10
    I'm still trying to figure out, how its "rude" to tell people to search and (at least for me) most times when you tell them that you at least provide a couple of links of the exact same question that they asked

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.200
    09-13-13 05:27 AM
    Simple.

"Hi! Welcome to the forum! Here us a list of threads that answer your question. By the way, you might find what you're looking for a bit faster if you use the search feature."

It's all in the tone.

Posted via CB10
    bgregory902 likes this.
    09-13-13 06:07 AM
    Simple.

"Hi! Welcome to the forum! Here us a list of threads that answer your question. By the way, you might find what you're looking for a bit faster if you use the search feature."

It's all in the tone.

I'm making the point that no one needs to belittle anyone, especially a new member.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 06:12 AM
    Simple.

It's all in the tone.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you! I like you! You have a very positive tone!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:13 AM
    Thank you! I like you! You have a very positive tone!

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.

CB WANTS to provide information, true, but it also wants members to feel they are treated fairly, with dignity, and respect. EVERYONE can get hot under the collar and EVERYONE can have an off day. I know, I've had the infractions to prove it. But it is not the policy at CB to scold a new member for asking a question. Even a seasoned member who should know better should not be scolded publicly. If there is something to be said there is PM, by a mod. At work, I never scold anyone in my team publicly, accolades yes, reprimands NEVER. It is be the same here. And only by a mod.

The rules specifically state to be polite, courteous, and civil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bgregory902 likes this.
    09-13-13 07:27 AM
37 12