I am getting a little annoyed at how new members are treated here. Members are very rude to "newbies" who enquire about 10.2, yes they can search for preexisting threads, but not everyone thinks about this initially.

By all means point them towards old threads, but do it in a helpful, pleasant way. Don't make them feel stupid, unwelcome. They won't want to return, and we don't want that.

Crackberry should be a place for everyone, not just preexisting members. Peace out.

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob, JRF_1986, Elite1 and 2 others like this.
    09-11-13 04:49 PM
    Added thought. Not everyone fancies risking leaks, if someone enquires about 10.2, they are usually asking about official release. Saying leaks are available when someone asks about official release doesn't answer their question

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob and 21stNow like this.
    09-11-13 04:53 PM
    Hi!!!
    I'm sorry if you feel that your request for information was met with an impolite answer. When folks ask questions they don't need to be talked down to. I'm sorry if that happened.

Was the question you had adequately answered, or are you still looking for information?
    mugen27 likes this.
    09-11-13 04:59 PM
    So true. I agree wholeheartedly with you.

Posted via CB 10 on my naked Z10
    09-11-13 05:02 PM
    Hi!!!
    I'm sorry if you feel that your request for information was met with an impolite answer. When folks ask questions they don't need to be talked down to. I'm sorry if that happened.

Was the question you had adequately answered, or are you still looking for information?
    It wasn't my question I am talking about. I posted this in regard to other members questions that I have consistently seen rude answers to

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 05:05 PM
    It wasn't my question I am talking about. I posted this in regard to other members questions that I have consistently seen rude answers to

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I'm sorry. I saw the thread you meant after I answered yours. I wonder if he's still looking for information....
    09-11-13 05:11 PM
    I know everyone would like more information. Best reply to such threads would be "At this time there is no official information on the official release of 10.2, but keep an eye on the Crackberry main page as they will post information if and when it's released.".

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 05:21 PM
    I know everyone would like more information. Best reply to such threads would be "At this time there is no official information on the official release of 10.2, but keep an eye on the Crackberry main page as they will post information if and when it's released.".

Posted via CB10
    I understand what you mean. I agree. Let me see if there is anything to be done.
    mugen27 likes this.
    09-11-13 05:26 PM
    I am getting a little annoyed at how new members are treated here. Members are very rude to "newbies" who enquire about 10.2, yes they can search for preexisting threads, but not everyone thinks about this initially.

By all means point them towards old threads, but do it in a helpful, pleasant way. Don't make them feel stupid, unwelcome. They won't want to return, and we don't want that.

Crackberry should be a place for everyone, not just preexisting members. Peace out.

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't agree more! I'm loving your crusade! Count me in!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 08:59 PM
    I understand what you mean. I agree. Let me see if there is anything to be done.
    Are you an admin?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 09:00 PM
    Are you an admin?

Posted via CB10
    No.....ambassador. There is a team that roams around the forums and helps out.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-12-13 03:50 AM
    Are you an admin?

Posted via CB10
    She's better than an admin

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.
    The tone for new users can be very unfriendly, from being called troll or giving them the feeling of being idiots because they need help....

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 06:55 AM
    If it's a legit question than they'll get help

If it's something stupid like "when is 10.2 official coming", that is when a little bit of self help goes a long way

Of course people are going to get flamed out, what else do you expect it's the Internet.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    09-12-13 09:22 AM
    And who is in charge of defining if "it's something stupid"?
    reeneebob and 21stNow like this.
    09-12-13 09:23 AM
    09-12-13 09:24 AM
    And who is in charge of defining if "it's something stupid"?
    The person answering the question.

Posted via CB10
    Undbiter65 likes this.
    09-12-13 09:28 AM
    OK, that thread is sad. However, I would hope that those are the exceptions, rather than the rule. Couldn't a post like that be reported and removed?
    09-12-13 09:28 AM
    OK, that thread is sad. However, I would hope that those are the exceptions, rather than the rule. Couldn't a post like that be reported and removed?
    It certainly can be, but no one ever does, again I'm all for helping a legit cause, but if someone shows up asking about a "release date" especially when posted from a PC where a "Other topics like this" pop up, than yes they get ridiculed. CB10 posts have a bit more lienency, but still a basic search is expected, actually it's part of user rules.

Posted via CB10
    draconis123 likes this.
    09-12-13 09:33 AM
    So is there an Elite Group of People who decided what is and isn't stupid? Or is it up to every individual?
    Or is this a stupid question or will it get a stupid answer?

Inquiring minds want to know!

</sarcasm>
    09-12-13 09:35 AM
    So is there an Elite Group of People who decided what is and isn't stupid? Or is it up to every individual?
    Or is this a stupid question or will it get a stupid answer?

Inquiring minds want to know!

</sarcasm>
    Everyone decides for themselves, but again I'll point back to the community guidelines and rules

"Search Before Posting - Often times questions and/or topics have already been discussed in an existing thread. Before posting a new thread, please try the search feature to research your question."
    Posted via CB10
    dalight13 likes this.
    09-12-13 09:36 AM
    Just to further my last, if a user has said they have searched, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, as most others will. We'll probably respond with a link to the proper thread as well.

That's just how it goes, if you ask without doing your homework expect to be scolded. It's no different in any other part of life. I'm sure if someone is at their place of work, and they can't do something simple, they'll be fired or called out for it. Though if that person genuinely tried to help themselves, and than asked for help, I'm sure a boss or co-worker would have no issues.
    Uzi and ioansuhov like this.
    09-12-13 09:53 AM
    I'll have to remember these Rules Of The Internet. Good to know they have been codified and will be consistently followed at all times.

Sigh.
    09-12-13 09:54 AM
    Just to further my last, if a user has said they have searched, I will give them the benefit of the doubt, as most others will. We'll probably respond with a link to the proper thread as well.

That's just how it goes, if you ask without doing your homework expect to be scolded. It's no different in any other part of life. I'm sure if someone is at their place of work, and they can't do something simple, they'll be fired or called out for it. Though if that person genuinely tried to help themselves, and than asked for help, I'm sure a boss or co-worker would have no issues.
    Man, that's a crappy attitude! So just to clarify, anytime I post a new thread I should start it with; I've searched for hours but couldn't find... will this statement protect me and anyone else from your wrath of rude comments? Should that be included in the terms and conditions of signing up for Crackberry? You should reconsider your stance on the subject because no matter what your excuse or reasoning there is absolutely no reason to be rude to someone else. This is the kind of mentality that is taking the forums from a place I use to love to participate in to a place that sometimes I can't even bother to read.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 09:37 PM
    Man, that's a crappy attitude! So just to clarify, anytime I post a new thread I should start it with; I've searched for hours but couldn't find... will this statement protect me and anyone else from your wrath of rude comments? Should that be included in the terms and conditions of signing up for Crackberry? You should reconsider your stance on the subject because no matter what your excuse or reasoning there is absolutely no reason to be rude to someone else. This is the kind of mentality that is taking the forums from a place I use to love to participate in to a place that sometimes I can't even bother to read.

Posted via CB10
    Telling someone else to use the tools on the forum and search isn't being rude, it's helping them so that way they can find answers to all their questions. Instead of making a new thread up for every little question that may have been answered.

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.200
    SharonRD likes this.
    09-12-13 09:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    You did read the rule I posted that says "search before you post" right? It's in the community rules that you agree too when you make a account. Not our fault people don't read them.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 10:01 PM
37 12