Im having the same issue.
    Cant send to 2 specific contacts, one is on bell(I'm also on bell) and one on telus.

I was on the latest beta, so I side loaded and old BBM.bar and it fixed it temporarily, now the issue is back. So I can confirm it is not the beta version.

Very frustrating

I should also add that I'm able to call these 2 contact via bbm and the call icon is green. Can anyone with the problem verify that you can BBM call them?
    01-22-14 03:52 PM
    Double Post
    01-22-14 03:52 PM
    With my friend, when I couldn't BBM, I was able to text and email. I didn't try phoning.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 04:03 PM
    With my friend, when I couldn't BBM, I was able to text and email. I didn't try phoning.

Posted via CB10
    I mean specifically a BBM voice or video call, not "Phone". just to be clear.

On my end I can't BBM text, but I CAN BBM voice and Video call
    01-22-14 04:04 PM

I can confirm it is NOT carrier related.

I currently have my cellular radio off and am on wifi only. I can BBM to all my other contacts except the 2 that I was and still am having issues with

This is most definitely a BlackBerry issue, and NOT carrier related!
    01-22-14 04:10 PM
    Update - spent time on the phone with first a Bell representative who then transferred me to a BlackBerry rep. After some time, the BlackBerry representative stated that it appears to be an issue with Bell and the BBM service. Apparently there were other Bell customers with the same issue.
    He could not give me a timeframe for resolution as he claimed it was a Bell problem. I was left with an incident number and a number to call in a couple days if the issue did not resolve...
    NOT Carrier related!

Same issue when on wifi only with cellular radio off
    01-22-14 04:20 PM

Yes, I can confirm. I have one contact that this is an issue with. We tried a video call last night with no issues at all. What's even more bizarre, is that the group we are both a part of, I can see his posts but he can't see mine.
    01-22-14 04:29 PM
    I can confirm that I can pin message, BBM video and voice with the contact. Just not Bbm so far
    01-22-14 05:26 PM
    Mine just came back a couple of minutes ago.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 05:42 PM
    This issue has fixed itself on its own for me as well!
    01-22-14 05:53 PM
    Mine is fixed too

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 06:07 PM
    LOL, after reading the 3 posts above this one, I went and checked, and its working fine again.

For the record, someone was asking earlier. BBM video and BBM chat worked, but when I text BBM'd, it wouldn't go through. But when she BBMd me, it would work.

Some have said its a BELL Issue, My wife and I are both with Telus.

Anyways, the issue is resolved, which is very important to us as we use bbm ALL THE TIME, and rely on it.
    01-22-14 06:44 PM
    I had a similar issue appear a couple of weeks ago after I sent a photo from my iPod BBM to my BB Torch 9800. The picture came through on the Torch but the iPod indicated it was still sending. After that happened I could send messages to the Torch from the IPod but all messages that I tried to send to the iPod from the Torch would fail. Big red X. I tried deleting each as a contact and bringing them back as contacts and the same thing happened. Later on the day I started sending a bunch of photos one after the other maybe four or five photos from the iPod to the Torch and the issue resolved itself. If issues for you appeared after sending a photo it might be the same issue. Try sending some photos through and see if works for you. I hope this information helps.
    01-22-14 07:46 PM
    hey guys,
    its working for me too now.

Cheers
    01-22-14 08:20 PM
    i think it may have to do more with BB than the service provider. both of my work and personal phones are with Telus and its working fine. but we'll see.
    Sorry I missed that is on u r Telus Z10. Saw everyone else saying issues on Bell and thought u said same.

Any problems with other BBM users. Other than this one person? What has BlackBerry said about it?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 11:00 PM
    BlackBerry tech said the issue was due to latent data traffic. A clog in the pipes if you will. He was monitoring the data on his end as I was sending and receiving bbm's.

Not sure if that a great answer, but the issue is resolved, for now.

The only thing that seemed to get the data going was to delete the chat between the affected party(s) and request them to send a BBM. Once that happened everything seemed to flow properly

Glad it's working for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 06:22 AM
    mine is working this morning.
    01-23-14 06:28 AM
42 12