One thing I am seeing, or at least is being seen by one or more of my contacts, is weird timestamping on my outbound email. The account is Google Apps based syncing via ActiveSync, and what I'm seeing in the email she has sent back to me is a timestamp that is GMT rather than Eastern time. When I look in sent items, I don't see that.

Essentially I appear to be sending email from the future, five hours in the future to be precise.

Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts?
    02-11-13 02:43 PM
    One thing I am seeing, or at least is being seen by one or more of my contacts, is weird timestamping on my outbound email. The account is Google Apps based syncing via ActiveSync, and what I'm seeing in the email she has sent back to me is a timestamp that is GMT rather than Eastern time. When I look in sent items, I don't see that.

Essentially I appear to be sending email from the future, five hours in the future to be precise.

Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts?
    Email time stamps are issued in the sender's time zone. Does that answer it?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 02:49 PM
    Email time stamps are issued in the sender's time zone. Does that answer it?

Nope. Time zone on the phone is set correctly. Configuration on time is Eastern Time Zone (-5), Prompt for 'Auto Update Time Zone' and 'Set date and time'
    automatically is enabled. '24 hour time' is disabled.

She only reports seeing it when I send an email from my Z10.
    02-11-13 02:56 PM
    Nope. Time zone on the phone is set correctly. Configuration on time is Eastern Time Zone (-5), Prompt for 'Auto Update Time Zone' and 'Set date and time'
    automatically is enabled. '24 hour time' is disabled.

She only reports seeing it when I send an email from my Z10.
    OK, I misunderstood your scenario. I'll let someone else answer.

02-11-13 03:00 PM
    I have has this issue with Office 365 Exchange Active Sync since integrating my account on my PlayBook. I don't notice it on email time stamps so much, but calendar appointments are often changed to GMT. I am in Mountain Time. Now I am seeing this on OS10 too. It is quite maddening. I went through a lot of testing with PlayBook support at the time (probably spent 8+ hours on the phone over the course of a month). They escalated the issue to the development teams but nothing ever came of it.

It usually occurs with a calendar event that is created on one device and then edited on another. It's when the edit is done that the switch occurs. Not sure how this relates to your emails but I'm sure it's all connected and it probably has more to do with ActiveSync and is really out of Blackberry's hands.
    02-11-13 03:49 PM
    I have has this issue with Office 365 Exchange Active Sync since integrating my account on my PlayBook. I don't notice it on email time stamps so much, but calendar appointments are often changed to GMT. I am in Mountain Time. Now I am seeing this on OS10 too. It is quite maddening. I went through a lot of testing with PlayBook support at the time (probably spent 8+ hours on the phone over the course of a month). They escalated the issue to the development teams but nothing ever came of it.

It usually occurs with a calendar event that is created on one device and then edited on another. It's when the edit is done that the switch occurs. Not sure how this relates to your emails but I'm sure it's all connected and it probably has more to do with ActiveSync and is really out of Blackberry's hands.
    Can you check and see what timezone you have configured in Outlook Web Access for your Office 365 account? Thanks.

02-11-13 03:57 PM
    I have checked and rechecked each and every setting where a time zone is specified. That was part of the 8+ hours of trouble shooting. It is set to Mountain Time everywhere. That would include:

Outlook 2010 Desktop
    BlackBerry (9900 at the time, now Z10)
    PlayBook
    Outlook Web App
    BlackBerry Administration Service (extension of Office 365 and BlackBerry Business Cloud Services)

02-11-13 04:09 PM
    Here is one sequence that will reproduce the error for me:

1. On the Z10 add a test appointment. Double check that time zone is set to Mountain
    2. Open the same test appointment on the PlayBook. Verify time zone is Mountain.
    3. Edit same appointment and change the time to another time slot. Verify that the time zone is still specified as Mountain.
    4. Save changes.
    5. Open the same appointment on the Z10. Poof! It's now GMT. WTF!!!

02-11-13 04:17 PM
    I have checked and rechecked each and every setting where a time zone is specified. That was part of the 8+ hours of trouble shooting. It is set to Mountain Time everywhere. That would include:

Outlook 2010 Desktop
    BlackBerry (9900 at the time, now Z10)
    PlayBook
    Outlook Web App
    BlackBerry Administration Service (extension of Office 365 and BlackBerry Business Cloud Services)

Sorry, I missed the part where you did troubleshooting and escalation with Microsoft. This sounds like a Microsoft bug relating to Office 365 and it will take Microsoft to get its act together and fix it.

02-11-13 04:18 PM
    I gave up a long time ago on this one and unless you know people in high places, I suggest you do the same. If you do persist and come up with a solution I would love to hear about it of course.

02-11-13 04:19 PM
    I gave up a long time ago on this one and unless you know people in high places, I suggest you do the same. If you do persist and come up with a solution I would love to hear about it of course.

OK, if it only happens on your BlackBerry 10 device and your PlayBook, it may be worth creating an incident report with BlackBerry. The trick to this is doing it for free, especially since they may not be able to resolve the issue tight away even if you pay for the incident.

I would suggest trying through your carrier by calling tech support, describing the issue and then demanding escalation to BlackBerry. This should let you report this issue and get a proper BlackBerry case number for free.

As an established issue, it should get resolved by the BlackBerry 10 development team.

02-11-13 04:23 PM
    Here is one sequence that will reproduce the error for me:

1. On the Z10 add a test appointment. Double check that time zone is set to Mountain
    2. Open the same test appointment on the PlayBook. Verify time zone is Mountain.
    3. Edit same appointment and change the time to another time slot. Verify that the time zone is still specified as Mountain.
    4. Save changes.
    5. Open the same appointment on the Z10. Poof! It's now GMT. WTF!!!

The geniuses at BlackBerry keep striking out with their BlackBerry 10 Revival Attempt. It is the small details which separate conscientiousness and lackadaisical attitudes toward their work.
    02-11-13 04:43 PM
    The geniuses at BlackBerry keep striking out with their BlackBerry 10 Revival Attempt. It is the small details which separate conscientiousness and lackadaisical attitudes toward their work.
    Can you please tell us what your post adds in value, especially in terms of trying to help the OP?

We are having a discussion here about a specific issues ad per above. If you have issues with BlackBerry the company or their execution, please add to already existing "gripes / complaints" threads or just start a new one. Please do not hijack threads.

That would be very kind.

Thanks for liking my earlier reply.

Last edited by b320; 02-11-13 at 07:40 PM. Reason: add thanks
    02-11-13 05:12 PM
    I have the same issue with emails sent from my Z10. I am in GMT+4 (Dubai) and I BCC myself to get the sent messages on Outlook (there is no Auto BCC - but that is a different issue). When I get the message on my outlook, the time of sending is GMT. My Z10, my Outlook and my email servers are set to the correct time (GMT+4) so that is not the problem. I am not a techy but it appears that Outlook misreads the message header from the Z10 or there is an error in the format of the time stamp on mails sent from the Z10 that makes Outlook default to GMT time.
    02-28-13 09:50 PM
    Interesting.
    I do not have this problem, and cannot reproduce it. I wonder what's different?

I use Outlook.com (hotmail) for the email, and I often CC/BCC myself on emails, and they show up fine for the timezone (on both my z10, and when I check in Outlook).

I am using the latest update.
    03-01-13 09:22 AM
    @dad2bandm: The difference is Hotmail and Gmail servers you are sending the email through corrects the time stamp (especially if you are using IMAP). The account I have the problem with is our domain using POP and SMTP. I am using V 10.0.9.2372. I don't have access to the 10.0.10.XXX that was released in Canada.
    03-01-13 09:42 AM
    @dad2bandm: The difference is Hotmail and Gmail servers you are sending the email through corrects the time stamp (especially if you are using IMAP). The account I have the problem with is our domain using POP and SMTP. I am using V 10.0.9.2372. I don't have access to the 10.0.10.XXX that was released in Canada.
    My testing also pretty much confirmed to me that it is an Office 365 issue and not a BlackBerry issue. Like I said, I gave up a long time ago so it's been a while and I don't recall the specific testing that lead me to that conclusion at the time.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:57 AM
    I have found that my Z10 + mail server integration ends up setting a Date: line in the mail header without the GMT offset (i.e. -0500). This explains my own timestamp issues - I suggest checking your own raw mail headers to see if you have the same issues.

I'm not sure if it's my Z10 or my particular mail server's Active sync implementation causing the issues.
    03-01-13 10:54 AM
    People have reported that the recent 10.0.10.85 OS update resolved some "5 hour off" timestamp issues on certain sent messages and/or texts.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8054462
    03-01-13 07:17 PM
    Buried somewhere in those 34 pages of posts you linked...lol

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 08:31 PM
    I dont have the update yet (being in Dubai on Etisalat) but I read on the Blackberry Forum that actually the new update does not fix the problem. Can anyone with the update (and not using Google or Hotmail) confirm either way?

@philip_daly: If the Z10 header does not include the GMT offset (-0005 for EST and +0004 for Arab time) is there a way to fix this, except wait for BB?
    03-02-13 09:53 AM
    I'm not sure if there's anything users can do. We can't control the inclusion of the GMT offset in the mail headed since that's more at the OS level.
    03-02-13 02:53 PM
    Buried somewhere in those 34 pages of posts you linked...lol
    The link I posted uses an anchor tag to point directly to the latest version of a post that summarizes all the improvements noted by people in all 34 pages of that thread.
    03-02-13 03:49 PM
    @philip_daly: If the Z10 header does not include the GMT offset (-0005 for EST and +0004 for Arab time) is there a way to fix this, except wait for BB?
    I haven't read every post in this thread but if the Z10 does indeed omit that header in emails it generates, it is not RFC compliant and it needs to be fixed.
    03-02-13 03:51 PM
    There is an ongoing thread here on CB about some issue with outgoing messages not working, and it's beginning to look like a bug with the email formatting that's been percolating for a while now. I'm posting this here because I think the timestamp issues discussed here are likely related.

The first link below is to the CB thread, the second link is to a post from a Canadian web hosting provider that has noticed formatting issues, and the last link is to a Blackberry forum thread about the issue:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8062664

Blackberry Z10 Email Issues - Canadian Web Hosting Blog and News

z10 faulty code BUG - emails may not be sent/relea... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Mo_Man likes this.
    03-03-13 09:15 AM
27 12