Pebble (and Talk2Watch) can't be the only Wearables for BlackBerry 10??!

PS: Mods, apologies if this is not the right place. Just super hard to figure out where this post is suitable when posting through the CB app.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 10:06 PM
    PS: Mods, apologies if this is not the right place. Just super hard to figure out where this post is suitable when posting through the CB app.
    No problem! This is as good of a place as any, so you're all good.
    06-04-15 10:16 PM
    The popular watches for Android and IOS use software that is highly tied to the underlying OS and we know that Android notifications don't work as well with BB10 anyway so that leaves Pebble. There have been a couple threads where the fit bands can be made to work but of course they don't have functionality that watches do.
    06-04-15 10:23 PM
    ... There have been a couple threads where the fit bands can be made to work but of course they don't have functionality that watches do.
    FYI,
    There's a new Fitbit Surge that's a bit closer to a full-fledged smartwatch. I'm hardly a smartwatch expert, but it still doesn't look as full-featured as other offerings out there. I was just just saying...
    06-04-15 10:28 PM
    FYI,
    There's a new Fitbit Surge that's a bit closer to a full-fledged smartwatch. I'm hardly a smartwatch expert, but it still doesn't look as full-featured as other offerings out there. I was just just saying...
    Yes the Surge can receive SMS and call notifications but not apps. It may be enough for some tho.
    06-04-15 11:04 PM
    I've been looking at the Fitbit family of bands for a long while now and the Surge is very intriguing to me. Doing a search and read through of a few threads, it seems that with the newest OS it allows most the notifications to get through to the Surge but not BBM or apps (yet). But Syncing seems to work now and the Amazon or Play Store (through Snap) seems to work now.

Curious if any actual owners of the Surge can chime in here with their opinions of their Surge, or other Fitbit bands, to whether to buy it or wait?

Posted via CB10
    08-11-15 01:07 PM