02-11-15 11:41 PM
70 123
tools
    Why? Send messages from the hub...?

Posted via CB10
    Anyone who is a heavy fb user knows by now that facebook messaging is not reliable from the hub. Messages will not be sent sometimes. It will say "Sending..." forever until it finally fails and it has nothing to do with the internet connection since the android fb messenger will always work. While it says sending I will still receive messages so I know it's not my connection problem which is very frustrating as I'm trying to reply but I'm waiting for the message to be sent! Even logging into the mobile website is more reliable.
    10-16-14 09:53 PM
    Yep that would be nice. But you should be yelling at Facebook not BlackBerry. Temporary solution is to download a paid app, there's a few

Posted via CB10
    There isn't an acceptable third party app, and I've bought them all (and promptly deleted them).

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 10:30 PM
    I'm confuzzled. BlackBerry World does have a Native Built for BlackBerry Messenger App that works the same as iPhone and Android? So what's the the problem. Download it...skip the phone number permissions and get to messaging.
    10-16-14 10:39 PM
    I'm confuzzled. BlackBerry World does have a Native Built for BlackBerry Messenger App that works the same as iPhone and Android? So what's the the problem. Download it...skip the phone number permissions and get to messaging.
    There isn't one built by BlackBerry or Facebook, and that's the issue. Not one with proper hub integration. And not one with a proper cascades UI/UX that adheres to the rules of BB10's design.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 12:35 AM
    It's not a ME thing, it's a YOU thing. Check your HUB settings and permissions for FB.
    So I uninstalled and reinstalled Facebook for BlackBerry 10.

In the page where I set up my email address and password for the first time, there are 4 toggle options - Notifications, Messages, Events and something else I think.

Once I've set that up, how do I get back to that screen where I can choose what to sync? I've been through all the hub settings, and it's not in the Facebook app from what I can tell.
    10-17-14 02:13 AM
    By nemory?? It's terrible and doesn't have half the features nor hub

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 03:59 AM
    Actually I'm very curious, what is it that you want in a Facebook messenger? What feature do you want to use?

Posted via CB10
    Did you even read what I wrote?!

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 04:12 AM
    Probably not, nobody cares enough.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 04:28 AM
    By nemory?? It's terrible and doesn't have half the features nor hub

Posted via CB10
    "By memory..." probably means you haven't tried the most recent new Facebook Messenger release. Don't shoot the messenger. It is Built for BlackBerry and integrates well
    10-17-14 10:18 AM
    There isn't one built by BlackBerry or Facebook, and that's the issue. Not one with proper hub integration. And not one with a proper cascades UI/UX that adheres to the rules of BB10's design.

Posted via CB10
    There is a FaceBook Messenger "Built for BlackBerry"...you should check again. It was loaded in BB World this past week.
    10-17-14 10:21 AM
    I don't want a Facebook messenger... I'm actually quite glad that BlackBerry makes the Facebook app. Facebook is spamming the other platforms to force people to use their crappy, spyware messenger.

Posted via CB10
    bER1Nry likes this.
    10-17-14 02:41 PM
    We already have the hub. Messages are sent and received in real time. Why the need for a separate app? People need to get over the app obsession, especially when simpler more elegant solutions already exist.
    bER1Nry likes this.
    10-17-14 03:12 PM
    We who? I don't want one.
    10-17-14 03:15 PM
    I'm seriously trying very hard to understand the need for a Facebook messenger & the features that people are asking for in a Facebook messenger that is not currently available on the hub. Can someone please explain?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 03:22 PM
    I just don't want Facebook on my phone, but I would like a well made Messenger app. Pretty simple.

And I can only see BlackBerry making a good one.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-14 04:41 PM
    We don't need a facebook messenger app when BlackBerry 10 already has a native app that works great. Plus I get the added benefit of the facebook Corp. not snooping on my stuff. Have any of you ever even seen the privacy settings in the application permissions for that frikin app! it's ridiculous. and I'm happy with out it. My friends are jealous that I don't have to deal with it's bull crap

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-11-15 08:40 PM
    Aww, c'mon! You don't want those stupid Facebook chat heads popping up all over your screen?
    02-11-15 09:01 PM
    Fb messenger has way more features, eg voice calls. Also the whole fb app is a mess, it drops network connection regularly and you can't access anything in fb for minutes, there are several reports of this. Also once again I stopped receiving any hub notifications from fb chat... it's an unreliable piece of crap

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    02-11-15 10:44 PM
    Fb messenger has way more features, eg voice calls. Also the whole fb app is a mess, it drops network connection regularly and you can't access anything in fb for minutes, there are several reports of this. Also once again I stopped receiving any hub notifications from fb chat... it's an unreliable piece of crap

BlackBerry Q10 SQN100-3
    Did you use fb app on android phone... then talk aboit crap..

Personally, I don't want fb messenger, current fb app and its integration with hub is sufficient enough for me. But that's me, I avoid using fb as a form of communication, I have bbm and skype for that..

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    02-11-15 11:15 PM
    Did you use fb app on android phone... then talk aboit crap..

Personally, I don't want fb messenger, current fb app and its integration with hub is sufficient enough for me. But that's me, I avoid using fb as a form of communication, I have bbm and skype for that..

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    i did for 2 years. while i agree it eats up ****load of data yet i only use it for messaging, at least it works reliably for that. if only my friends weren't sheep i would be using other means of instant messaging as well, trust me. but i have to resort to using the website for even chatting because the app is not reliable at all.
    02-11-15 11:41 PM
70 123