Right now I don't get ANYTHING showing up in my Facebook section of the hub.

Facebook's terminology seems odd to me. On their website, if you go to "Message" someone, it brings up "Chat".

Is there no way to get the Facebook chats in the hub?
    My Hub displays comments and like on posts I'm involved in, as well as private messages and notifications from my top friends.

Go to Hub, More, Settings, Hub Management, Facebook and make sure "Show in Hub Only" OR "Show in Both" are selected.

Also, go to you Facebook app, Menu, Account Settings, Notifications, and make sure all the notifications you want to receive are set to "ON".

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:56 AM
    No we dont

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 05:59 AM
    When you say "we" you mean.. YOU. I'm good without it

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:52 AM
    But that don't mean BlackBerry can't develop one for u. I just don't care if they do or do not

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 07:53 AM
    Right now I don't get ANYTHING showing up in my Facebook section of the hub.

Is there no way to get the Facebook chats in the hub?
    It's not a ME thing, it's a YOU thing. Check your HUB settings and permissions for FB.

Z10 10.3.0.1052 via CB10
    10-16-14 08:39 AM
    My Hub displays comments and like on posts I'm involved in, as well as private messages and notifications from my top friends.
    So does mine. I wish I could configure the Hub to only receive private messages. I don't like the notifications from posts or from top friends showing up in the Hub. If I wanted to see the other notifications, I would open the Facebook app, but I don't believe it is possible to configure it the way I want.
    10-16-14 09:19 AM
    So does mine. I wish I could configure the Hub to only receive private messages. I don't like the notifications from posts or from top friends showing up in the Hub. If I wanted to see the other notifications, I would open the Facebook app, but I don't believe it is possible to configure it the way I want.
    You could set priorities to the chats?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 09:49 AM
    True man, I am saying this since long.
    C'mon BlackBerry! Even Windows Phone has a native Facebook Messenger client.

The Facebook application chat system is terrible!!! Half the time it fails to send messages or keeps sending them and never completes. You cannot send voice clips, files or anything else. What a joke!!!

We want a native Facebook Messenger client!

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 11:35 AM
    Go to Hub, More, Settings, Hub Management, Facebook and make sure "Show in Hub Only" OR "Show in Both" are selected.

Also, go to you Facebook app, Menu, Account Settings, Notifications, and make sure all the notifications you want to receive are set to "ON".
    Hope this helps.
    I've got Facebook stuff turned on in the hub.
    I've been into the Facebook app and followed the steps you outlined, but that takes me to the Facebook website where there obviously won't be any hub integration settings.
    10-16-14 12:33 PM
    No kidding. So many of the post replies I see on Facebook are nothing worthy of being in the hub. I'd just like chats and messages in the hub.

What a terribly disjointed experience - something I'd expect on the Android platform.
    10-16-14 12:34 PM
    Well there are fb messengers apps available in bbw. On android u don't have a hub so why u involve android. And didn't fb buy Whatsapp? So it's possible fb messenger messenger dissappear and Whatsapp gets integrated. So why wasting time on fb messenger?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:59 PM
    Well there are fb messengers apps available in bbw. On android u don't have a hub so why u involve android. And didn't fb buy Whatsapp? So it's possible fb messenger messenger dissappear and Whatsapp gets integrated. So why wasting time on fb messenger?
    I don't want a 3rd party Facebook app. Many of us don't for security concerns (trusting a 3rd party dev with our login credentials).

I know Android doesn't have a hub and that's why I compared the disjointed Facebook experience on BB10 to Android - it's a mess.
    10-16-14 01:35 PM
    Guys STOP saying I don't want it! This is why BlackBerry is behind!

If you don't want it, others want it! You are not everyone!

I don't use it but why not have it for others to use it?

Posted via CB10
    Actually I'm very curious, what is it that you want in a Facebook messenger? What feature do you want to use?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 01:38 PM
    Just another way to data mine you to death......
    10-16-14 01:45 PM
    I don't want a 3rd party Facebook app. Many of us don't for security concerns (trusting a 3rd party dev with our login credentials).

I know Android doesn't have a hub and that's why I compared the disjointed Facebook experience on BB10 to Android - it's a mess.
    I've seen a few of your posts here in this thread, I'm a little lost. First of all I would like to know if you are using an Android phone or a BlackBerry 10 phone?

If you are using a BlackBerry 10 phone & have already set up your Facebook account in your account settings & still don't get anything on your hub I think there is something wrong somewhere. Perhaps you may want to delete Facebook & install it again from BlackBerry World.

Hope it helps.

If you are using an Android phone you don't have Hub, you need for buy a BlackBerry phone first .

But really, out of curiosity What features are you looking for in a Facebook messenger app?

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    10-16-14 01:48 PM
    I think it's pretty clear that I have a BB10 phone...

I don't know why my Facebook messages don't show in the hub, but if it works as others have pointed out, I don't think I want it. I don't care to receive ALL reply notifications in my hub. I just want messages (or chats, whatever Facebook calls them).
    10-16-14 01:52 PM
    I'd like to see a native facebook messenger

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 02:47 PM
    Just have the app itself push messages to the hub. It should only be direct messages. Not every time someone replies to a post or any of that.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:04 PM
    Yes we do, or at least a overall better facebook app, please.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:14 PM
    Hum, I'm very ok with the chat currently available in the HUB/Facebook Native app.
    And I must add, I will never install Facebook Messenger, even if released as an native one, because I don't want my contacts robbed and sent to their central server. Guys, didn't you read the end user licence terms ?!
    10-16-14 04:16 PM
    And I must add, I will never install Facebook Messenger, even if released as an native one, because I don't want my contacts robbed and sent to their central server.
    Well when you install it, you'll get the option to give the app permission to access your contacts. Just disable this.
    10-16-14 05:11 PM
    I want to delete FB

Not sent from an iOS device.
    10-16-14 05:27 PM
    Yayy!!! add a facebook messenger client! the blackberry one always fails and disconnects it's self

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 06:49 PM
    Yes please the current implementation is not good enough. It is very unreliable when sending messages. Also it's not possible to send stickers. Messages will not send sometimes and asks to resend. The sideloaded fb messenger app always works but it is a battery drainer. I'm using fb messenger because that's what most people use plus unlike BBM, it's accessible on a desktop or any web browser.
    10-16-14 08:49 PM
    Why? Send messages from the hub...?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 08:50 PM
70 123