The Calendar has been in 2020,but we still be able to download and install apps from BBW.
    Please try it.But Why?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-19 06:11 PM
    still Tuesday in North America. Will be interesting to see if the switch gets flipped in the next 24 hours.
    12-31-19 06:28 PM
    I hope they flip the switch at midnight Waterloo time.
    ppeters914 and WES51 like this.
    12-31-19 06:49 PM
    highly doubt it will be instant at midnight
    OrlandoTruth likes this.
    12-31-19 07:00 PM
    No one is really working until January 6th.
    12-31-19 07:10 PM
    No one is really working until January 6th.
    Might not be anyone left to remember to turn out the lights.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-31-19 08:33 PM
    It makes me sad every time I drive past the RIM buildings in Waterloo. Atleast there name is still attached to a few places here

Posted via CB10
    12-31-19 10:54 PM
    Unless I missed a BlackBerry press statement stating the contrary, EOL doesn't necessarily imply the end of BlackBerry World 's back-end infrastructure. It just means whatever happens BlackBerry isn't responsible, or liable for any disruption or inconvenience you most likely will suffer.

Nothing will changed apart from that. So I guess you get to use it either until is breaks, BlackBerry calls it quits, or you can't take the suffering anymore. This my understanding from reading their support and blog.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-19 10:56 PM
    Unless I missed a BlackBerry press statement stating the contrary, EOL doesn't necessarily imply the end of BlackBerry World 's back-end infrastructure. It just means whatever happens BlackBerry isn't responsible, or liable for any disruption or inconvenience you most likely will suffer.

Nothing will changed apart from that. So I guess you get to use it either until is breaks, BlackBerry calls it quits, or you can't take the suffering anymore. This my understanding from reading their support and blog.

Posted via CB10
    pretty much, BB World is sorta unknown as they were not clear. First they said it was going to be shut down and its been reported that devs lost access around Dec 1st actually.
    12-31-19 11:06 PM
    The Calendar has been in 2020,but we still be able to download and install apps from BBW.
    Please try it.But Why?

Posted via CB10
    Because BBL is still keeping BBW open in static mode.

Also, called it yet again! I think this is at least 4 times in a row...

Posted via CB10
    01-01-20 12:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    In a nutshell, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-01-20 12:40 AM
    In a nutshell, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Posted via CB10
    Or you can just, you know, trust BBL sources and BBL statements.

Posted via CB10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    01-01-20 01:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    This. Exactly.
    01-01-20 01:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    You must be new around here.
    01-01-20 01:49 AM
    Were there some comments deleted here, or am I totally wrong??
    01-01-20 12:50 PM
    But you see, the thing is that I always know what I post and where, and all of a sudden some posts, not only mine, do not appear here. Can someone please explain this to me?
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-01-20 12:52 PM
    But you see, the thing is that I always know what I post and where, and all of a sudden some posts, not only mine, do not appear here. Can someone please explain this to me?
    All of us affected had posts deleted if replying or including an offender. It happens if you’re part of an intertwined thread.
    01-01-20 01:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I will once they update my PlayBook to BB10 as promised.
    01-01-20 01:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sure like when I’m told BB supports their products and then foists me on to my carrier since they’ve never had the infrastructure. BB has always been fluent in doublespeak and semantics.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 01-01-20 at 01:46 PM.
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    01-01-20 01:13 PM
    All of us affected had posts deleted if replying or including an offender. It happens if you’re part of an intertwined thread.
    It would really be helpful if you explained to me what it is you really mean. "If replying, or including an offender"? Who is the offender here? And what is exactly the definition of an offender regarding CB????

Regarding my post, I quoted conite. Was that so disrespectful then?

I don't think I offended him or anyone else, and I wouldn't want to be even temporarily banned here, but if this is the way member's comments are treated, kindly let me know so that I no longer bother anyone in this public forum.
    anon(10387168) and elfabio80 like this.
    01-01-20 01:30 PM
    It would really be helpful if you explained to me what it is you really mean. "If replying, or including an offender"? Who is the offender here? And what is exactly the definition of an offender regarding CB????

Regarding my post, I quoted conite. Was that so disrespectful then?

I don't think I offended him or anyone else, and I wouldn't want to be even temporarily banned here, but if this is the way member's comments are treated, kindly let me know so that I no longer bother anyone in this public forum.
    Quit being so dramatic. They’re doing things here the same way as from the beginning.

If several people are engaged in a heated discussion and one participant violated forum rules, every comment that’s included through replies and quotes, when intertwined through replies, get system deleted because they include the offender statement. If too complex or heated, I’ve seen mods just delete a whole section of thread or even an entire thread.

It’s always been that way to provide for civil discourse and member’s diverse opinions. It’s when people make personal attacks towards fellow members that problems happen.

Nobody cares what viewpoints anyone has. You just can’t attack others and make accusations regarding anyone’s motives or integrity personal. That gets everyone in trouble regardless of length of time or posting here.

Go check out my language and tone on that other site and you’ll see why I speak from experience. All members have rights and protections here to not be harassed or made fun of.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 01-01-20 at 01:45 PM.
    01-01-20 01:33 PM
    The only thing we can be sure of is that BlackBerry World will close down one day, since it produces absolutely zero revenue for BlackBerry. The prudent course is to enjoy it for now, but don't make any plans that depend on it's availability.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-01-20 01:45 PM
    So this sounds dramatic to you...on the other hand, what happened, seems to me totally inappropriate.

You cannot ban people because you do not like what they are saying, as long as they are not insulting someone, nor can you delete members' comments because you don't feel comfortable with them.

Anyways, on second thought , I am not being dramatic, but rather a pragmatist.

And once more, happy new year!
    01-01-20 01:46 PM
    So this sounds dramatic to you...on the other hand, what happened, seems to me totally inappropriate.

You cannot ban people because you do not like what they are saying, as long as they are not insulting someone, nor can you delete members' comments because you don't feel comfortable with them.

Anyways, on second thought , I am not being dramatic, but rather a pragmatist.

And once more, happy new year!
    CB can delete any posts that moderators believe violate the rules. (Also, deleting posts is different than banning people.). When they delete a post, they typically also delete any posts in the thread that relate to it, so that there are no references to a missing post.

eshropshire likes this.
    01-01-20 01:50 PM
    CB can delete any posts that moderators believe violate the rules. (Also, deleting posts is different than banning people.). When they delete a post, they typically also delete any posts in the thread that relate to it, so that there are no references to a missing post.

Yes, I do know the difference between deleting posts and banning people, although in this case it is so relevant...

And in this case again, please tell me what comments violated the rules. Because as far as I am concerned, nothing of the sort happened, and we just had a case where the said moderators exercised their power.

In other words, I am an ok member, if I never say anything that the moderators don't like, otherwise my comments are deleted and I may be potentially banned. Remind me again...are we in China, or Poland, or whatever related country in the world?

I rest my case, and if I am banned for this, or having my comment deleted again, so be it.
    01-01-20 02:00 PM
59 123