I can see BlackBerry updating BlackBerry World.... probable to get it to stop checking for updates or calling home.
    Wouldn't they have done that already?

I think they will just let it die on its own. They won't renew any support staff contracts, and won't fix anything more complicated than a broken extension cord.
    01-02-20 10:32 AM
    Wouldn't they have done that already?

I think they will just let it die on its own. They won't renew any support staff contracts, and won't fix anything more complicated than a broken extension cord.
    Yeah I'd have taught so.... but the poster before me said they got an update. I don't know when those updates were made (could have been two years ago) or the last time the poster had checked for updates (nothing showed up on my Z10).

Bottom line is officially BBW ended last year as did the whole BB10 platform. BlackBerry is now under no obligation to do anything, so if something breaks...

Nothing wrong using BB10 if it meets someone's basic needs... as long as they understand what could happen.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-02-20 11:02 AM
    But what about there statement for continued support? How about continued maintenance? If there’s nobody around to fix and nobody spending money to maintain, then we’re on the Crazy Train for eventual oblivion (with Ozzy music in background) and off the rails if and loose cattle ahead on track.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-02-20 03:52 PM
    On my Z10, I checked earlier today for updates and got nothing. Nothing for either BBW or Evernote.

But, those did gets update after I ran an autoloader for a clean OS install several months ago.
    01-04-20 04:32 PM
    On my Z10, I checked earlier today for updates and got nothing. Nothing for either BBW or Evernote.

But, those did gets update after I ran an autoloader for a clean OS install several months ago.
    That makes sense. After running an autoloader guise apps should be updated. And that raises another important issue that I haven't seen discussed: once BBW is shuttered, there will be no way to update stock apps to any version released after the versions on the autoloader.

I'm not sure if there are any apps that will break as a result. Evernote is largely irrelevant now, so it's not a concern, but I don't know if there are other apps with recent updates that would become inaccessible.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    01-05-20 09:03 AM
    That makes sense. After running an autoloader guise apps should be updated. And that raises another important issue that I haven't seen discussed: once BBW is shuttered, there will be no way to update stock apps to any version released after the versions on the autoloader.

I'm not sure if there are any apps that will break as a result. Evernote is largely irrelevant now, so it's not a concern, but I don't know if there are other apps with recent updates that would become inaccessible.

Were there any stock apps updated after 10.3.3.3218 (I think that was the last build)?
    01-05-20 10:58 AM
    Were there any stock apps updated after 10.3.3.3218 (I think that was the last build)?
    I don't know. I'd have to check. It might depend on whether that update included updated versions of all the apps.

01-05-20 12:06 PM

Good for now

Posted via CB10
    01-10-20 04:38 AM
    Maybe BBM.
    01-12-20 02:26 AM
59 123