Yes, I do know the difference between deleting posts and banning people, although in this case it is so relevant...

And in this case again, please tell me what comments violated the rules. Because as far as I am concerned, nothing of the sort happened, and we just had a case where the said moderators exercised their power.

In other words, I am an ok member, if I never say anything that the moderators don't like, otherwise my comments are deleted and I may be potentially banned. Remind me again...are we in China, or Poland, or whatever related country in the world?

I rest my case, and if I am banned for this, or having my comment deleted again, so be it.
    I am just a member here like you, trying to answer your question about the policy. I have no idea what posts you're talking about, so can't try to interpret the reason your post may have been deleted. If you quoted someone, including Conite, whose post referred to a deleted post, yours could have been deleted even if you did nothing wrong. It's been like that forever. And, since we're talking about a private entity, not a government, there is no such thing as a "right" to free speech anyway.
    ppeters914 and eshropshire like this.
    01-01-20 02:09 PM
    Yes, I do know the difference between deleting posts and banning people, although in this case it is so relevant...

And in this case again, please tell me what comments violated the rules. Because as far as I am concerned, nothing of the sort happened, and we just had a case where the said moderators exercised their power.

In other words, I am an ok member, if I never say anything that the moderators don't like, otherwise my comments are deleted and I may be potentially banned. Remind me again...are we in China, or Poland, or whatever related country in the world?

I rest my case, and if I am banned for this, or having my comment deleted again, so be it.
    Why are you thinking anything you’ve just said violates any rules? You’d have to seriously violate R&G of CrackBerry and you’d get warnings and point infractions first. Have any moderators contacted you via CB PM ever? Then you’d be aware of the violation.
    eshropshire likes this.
    01-01-20 02:12 PM
    Why are you thinking anything you’ve just said violates any rules? You’d have to seriously violate R&G of CrackBerry and you’d get warnings and point infractions first. Have any moderators contacted you via CB PM ever? Then you’d be aware of the violation.
    This is exactly my point. And because I have done nothing of the sort, I expect that my comments are not deleted. Is that a lot to ask?
    elfabio80 and Paulelmar18 like this.
    01-01-20 02:15 PM
    This is exactly my point. And because I have done nothing of the sort, I expect that my comments are not deleted. Is that a lot to ask?
    Even if you are completely innocent, if you quote or refer to another post caught up it the violation, the mods may remove it so that the thread isn't fragmented and confusing.
    app_Developer and eshropshire like this.
    01-01-20 02:17 PM
    I am just a member here like you, trying to answer your question about the policy. I have no idea what posts you're talking about, so can't try to interpret the reason your post may have been deleted. If you quoted someone, including Conite, whose post referred to a deleted post, yours could have been deleted even if you did nothing wrong. It's been like that forever. And, since we're talking about a private entity, not a government, there is no such thing as a "right" to free speech anyway.
    I'm worried now that you think that "there is no such thing as a "right" to free speech anyway" in private/public or whatever you want to call them really...Is that so then?

Well, let's not pursue that any further, as we are just members here, and obviously members' opinions do not matter every time.
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    01-01-20 02:21 PM
    Even if you are completely innocent, if you quote or refer to another post caught up it the violation, the mods may remove it so that the thread isn't fragmented and confusing.
    But in our case, there was not a violating post from another member, in other words, TT, and yet, all comments wee just gone!

And if I have got this totally wrong, I invite whomever deleted the said comments, to prove me wrong here. Only this won't happen.....
    01-01-20 02:24 PM
    As long as you’re not quoting anyone else in your comment, you should be ok. When you inadvertently quote the offender, they’re offending quotes appear in your reply. That’s usually when comments disappear. If you quote the offending comment, you’re posting the offense CB is flagging
    eshropshire likes this.
    01-01-20 02:29 PM
    But in our case, there was not a violating post from another member, in other words, TT, and yet, all comments wee just gone!

And if I have got this totally wrong, I invite whomever deleted the said comments, to prove me wrong here. Only this won't happen.....
    Take your queries to a mod directly and discuss via CB PM for best results.
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-01-20 02:30 PM
    I'm worried now that you think that "there is no such thing as a "right" to free speech anyway" in private/public or whatever you want to call them really...Is that so then?

Well, let's not pursue that any further, as we are just members here, and obviously members' opinions do not matter every time.
    There is no such thing as a private "right" to free speech in the US. The right refers to freedom from government censorship or punishment.

As a business owner, I can set a policy that no one is allowed to wear the color pink or say the word "elephant" and fire anyone who violates that policy, so long as I don't enforce it in a discriminatory way.
    01-01-20 02:32 PM

You'd generally be notified if you are not following the rules.

It is probably not anything you did - they may have just removed a whole series of posts that would no longer make sense in isolation.

It's a tough job, and I certainly wouldn't want to do it.

If you have questions, just PM one of the mods.
    eshropshire likes this.
    01-01-20 02:38 PM

It will happen in a PM from a moderator. Discussing violations in the forum itself violates the R&G of CB and it’s forums. By now, I’d be surprised you don’t have at least one PM in your box. That’s why so many complain about enforcement. They’re being warned in PM and don’t ever check their CB PM box
    01-01-20 02:38 PM

If it made even a sideways reference to the original post that was reported, even as a quote of a comment about the post that was otherwise ok, it could very well get caught up in the cleanup of the thread. It's not about whether mods "disliked" your post. It's about their judgment about how to clean up the mess.

When I spill a glass of wine on the floor, I clean up parts of the floor that were not stained because it's just cleaner and easier.
    01-01-20 02:39 PM
    As long as you’re not quoting anyone else in your comment, you should be ok. When you inadvertently quote the offender, they’re offending quotes appear in your reply. That’s usually when comments disappear. If you quote the offending comment, you’re posting the offense CB is flagging
    But dear Chuck, here's the thing. I quoted conite, who would never be considered to be the 'offender'...Then again, you may not have seen what transpired, but I assure you this is what happened. Unless you mean, that once again the so called 'offender' was TT, whom I referred to in my quote, but if this is the case, then I think we are past offenders and another definition is called for here...
    Paulelmar18 likes this.
    01-01-20 02:41 PM
    But dear Chuck, here's the thing. I quoted conite, who would never be considered to be the 'offender'...Then again, you may not have seen what transpired, but I assure you this is what happened. Unless you mean, that once again the so called 'offender' was TT, whom I referred to in my quote, but if this is the case, then I think we are past offenders and another definition is called for here...
    None of here including conite has any exclusion from the R&G of CB Forums ever. All of us with any volunteer designation are held to a higher standard..

Have you checked your inbox? Let me know when you’ve checked your inbox
    01-01-20 02:46 PM
    None of here including conite has any exclusion from the R&G of CB Forums ever. All of us with any volunteer designation are held to a higher standard..

Have you checked your inbox? Let me know when you’ve checked your inbox
    Yes, I have, and thank you very much. I don't think I need to know anything more than we have just discussed here.

In my part of the world it's already quite late, so good night to everyone here.
    01-01-20 02:55 PM
    Yes, I have, and thank you very much. I don't think I need to know anything more than we have just discussed here.

In my part of the world it's already quite late, so good night to everyone here.
    No problem. If you have anything you’d like to discuss further. I sent you PM so we can discuss offline so I don’t get any violations myself.
    01-01-20 03:37 PM
    There was 1 post removed in this thread and it was not even @saint300 so you all are arguing over nothing. And with that cleared up get back on topic before this is just like every other thread that eventually will need closed because of petty back and forth arguing.
    Last edited by howarmat; 01-01-20 at 08:49 PM.
    01-01-20 03:40 PM
    Hahahhha what is happening? Why they not shut down yet:

Posted via CB10
    01-01-20 09:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    It’s cheaper to just let it break and not fix it.
    ppeters914 and elfabio80 like this.
    01-01-20 09:17 PM
    I just downloaded a game on my BlackBerry Passport in Canada, Eastern Standard Time Zone, as soon as I saw this thread. 🤣😂 It works!
    01-01-20 09:54 PM
    It’s cheaper to just let it break and not fix it.
    I do think there are more users still on BBOS and BB10 than they planned. Shutting down BBW would have created some buzz..... negative buzz. Right now BlackBerry doesn't need any negative buzz, even if they had warned users it was shutting down.

Cost to keep the system running and to have a few interns monitor it, is clearly not enough cost to warrant the shutdown at this time. Now if BlackBerry's revenues had been solid and the stock trading as $12 a share...

My guess is BBOS gets phased out over the coming year, and the drop support for a few more BB10 services... and reevaluate things later in the year. But if something happens that aren't covered in the manuals or that the interns can't handle, well BlackBerry did warn folks.

BB10's still on death row....
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-02-20 07:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    No one left to push the button 😂
    01-02-20 07:39 AM
    I just checked my BlackBerry World to see if there were any updates and YES there is an update for BlackBerry World and Evernote!!!

Posted via CB10
    01-02-20 09:54 AM
    I just checked my BlackBerry World to see if there were any updates and YES there is an update for BlackBerry World and Evernote!!!

Posted via CB10
    I can see BlackBerry updating BlackBerry World.... probable to get it to stop checking for updates or calling home.

Evernote? The developers left long ago, I suspect that as the was a preinstalled app, that BlackBerry made a change... to account for them EOL of the platform.
    01-02-20 10:04 AM
    I can see BlackBerry updating BlackBerry World.... probable to get it to stop checking for updates or calling home.

Evernote? The developers left long ago, I suspect that as the was a preinstalled app, that BlackBerry made a change... to account for them EOL of the platform.
    Makes total sense to me.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-20 10:22 AM
59 123