We need this! I don't find myself often in need of charger when using my Z30, but it isn't true when I'm using the Z10.

Samsung has done something good. And to some extend, HTC too.

How Samsung Galaxy S5?s Ultra Power Saving Mode makes 10% battery last 24 hours | ExtremeTech

Using Extreme Power Saving Mode on the HTC One M8 | Android Central

Sometimes when you travel to a not-so-familiar place, or when you expect to meet someone at certain place, and your device is running out of juice, the presence of such mode would really save your life.

Edit: Apparently some user has already posted about it in the BlackBerry.icanmakeitbetter.com! Please vote for the idea so that the people at BlackBerry give attention to this idea!

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....ower-save-mode
    Last edited by Andy Wijaya; 08-04-14 at 11:34 AM.
    08-02-14 08:24 AM
    We need this! I don't find myself often in need of charger when using my Z30, but it isn't true when I'm using the Z10.

How Samsung Galaxy S5?s Ultra Power Saving Mode makes 10% battery last 24 hours | ExtremeTech

Sometimes when you travel to a not-so-familiar place, or when you expect to meet someone at certain place, and your device is running out of juice, the presence of such mode would really save your life.
    There is something in 10.3 where putting your BlackBerry down face-down will put it in a similar mode to save battery, not entirely sure what it does yet, but it's there.
    We need something like this: extreme saving mode-img_20140802_143513.png

Check Out TechCraze
    08-02-14 08:35 AM
    There is something in 10.3 where putting your BlackBerry down face-down will put it in a similar mode to save battery, not entirely sure what it does yet, but it's there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140802_143513.png 
Views:	1913 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	288495

Check Out TechCraze
    I can't wait to see if it works in a future build

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 08:42 AM

I use airplane mode, the dain is only 1%/hour of battery life, phone completely untouched! Try it, display off, phone in holster airplane mode for hours is better than turn off device and restart after!!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    08-02-14 08:44 AM
    Check #BBFact

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 08:47 AM
    Not trying to be a jerk, but I've found that if I stop using my phone it drains the battery oh so slowly. In these situations, close your apps and leave your screen off. If the phone stays warm reboot it and don't mess with it.

A super power saving mode would be nice, but the main power draw is from the screen. Drop your brightness all the way down. An option to slow the processor and disable 4G would be nice, though.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 08:47 AM
    Not trying to be a jerk, but I've found that if I stop using my phone it drains the battery oh so slowly. In these situations, close your apps and leave your screen off. If the phone stays warm reboot it and don't mess with it.

A super power saving mode would be nice, but the main power draw is from the screen. Drop your brightness all the way down. An option to slow the processor and disable 4G would be nice, though.

Posted via CB10
    But it's the truth! The best known method to save fuel is to walk by foot/use a bicycle...
    When the phone is not deeded, it can be turned off/into airplane mode.
    Concrete case: 2h of driving, 2 hours of cinema, during work with no interruption. The phone can be reactivated when needed.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    08-02-14 09:08 AM
    What you've all said are true, but they can still use the phone while on the power saving mode.. if I use airplane mode, the phone would not be usable. That is interesting in the 10.3. Let's see how does BlackBerry implement it.
    08-02-14 04:26 PM
    What you've all said are true, but they can still use the phone while on the power saving mode.. if I use airplane mode, the phone would not be usable. That is interesting in the 10.3. Let's see how does BlackBerry implement it.
    +1 thats what I was going to say, also;

1)most people are lazy and/or not technical (or at least the people that BlackBerry wants to get back)

2) doing that (airplane mode) in BlackBerry 10 vs. IPhone, BlackBerry seems to take ages to turn the radio off, even if technically they take the same amount of time, on ios you don't have a massive box stopping you from doing anything else for two seconds whilst it activates (though on the plus side it prompts you to turn it off when you want to make a call etc)

3) a better analogy is people saving a bit of fuel by turning the windows down instead of A/C, still use the car for what it's intended, but have more juice, some people can't afford to miss that call, although a lot of the above advice is useful, a power saving mode that could consolidate all of that is the much easier and more user friendly option imho

Check Out TechCraze
    08-02-14 05:09 PM
    +1 thats what I was going to say, also;

1)most people are lazy and/or not technical (or at least the people that BlackBerry wants to get back)

2) doing that (airplane mode) in BlackBerry 10 vs. IPhone, BlackBerry seems to take ages to turn the radio off, even if technically they take the same amount of time, on ios you don't have a massive box stopping you from doing anything else for two seconds whilst it activates (though on the plus side it prompts you to turn it off when you want to make a call etc)

3) a better analogy is people saving a bit of fuel by turning the windows down instead of A/C, still use the car for what it's intended, but have more juice, some people can't afford to miss that call, although a lot of the above advice is useful, a power saving mode that could consolidate all of that is the much easier and more user friendly option imho

Check Out TechCraze
    Omg I hate that box that pops up when you turn off the radio (((

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    08-02-14 05:24 PM
    Just add an turn on and off box next to each accounts in BlackBerry Hub.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 11:31 PM
    What I can think of is ability to set what's running and what's not. Extreme saving mode would be like this:
    - We might have tens of email account but we have the ability to stop sync individually each email
    - We might have some messaging applications but we have the ability to put each app individually on stand by
    - By default Blackberry could choose non essential services to standby
    - And many others

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 11:51 PM
    Omg I hate that box that pops up when you turn off the radio (((

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. Even BBOS was better in this regard :|
    08-03-14 12:41 AM
    I have a spare battery and a powerbank in my bag if I know I'll be unplugged for a long time. That gives me another 18hrs phone time.

BBQ10
    08-03-14 12:57 AM
    I think what Samsung has done is great. Turn our display into black and white, and give us only basic options. I don't think at that time email is extremely important. Maybe phone call and text? Maybe bbm or 1 or 2 email account. Disable 4G, or even 3G and use only 2G, or something like that. Turn cellular data off and use wifi only when wifi is available. And many others optimizations.
    08-03-14 01:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    There actually already is an option to disable 4G. Settings -> Networks and Connections -> Mobile Network -> Network Mode
    08-03-14 01:33 AM
    I think what Samsung has done is great. Turn our display into black and white, and give us only basic options. I don't think at that time email is extremely important. Maybe phone call and text? Maybe bbm or 1 or 2 email account. Disable 4G, or even 3G and use only 2G, or something like that. Turn cellular data off and use wifi only when wifi is available. And many others optimizations.
    I am with you on this.

I think these features are good also for marketing.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 03:19 AM
    In case you have missed #BBFactcheck

"When a Full Day?s Battery Life Still Isn?t Enough"

It discusses Samsung S5.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/08/fact-check-battery/

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 02:40 PM
    In case you have missed #BBFactcheck

"When a Full Day?s Battery Life Still Isn?t Enough"

It discusses Samsung S5.

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/08/fact-check-battery/

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, lucky z30's. Now what about the q10, q5 and z10?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 02:48 PM
    Turning off the radios isn't an answer to extreme power saving mode like the s5 and m8 have, though. In an emergency you may need to quickly access phone/text. Let's say there's an accident and you end up in the hospital, for example.

Power save mode was incredibly handy the day I ended up in icu with a bleeding ulcer that perforated an artery. I was able to get a hold of people and have access to communication until my husband was able to go get me things for my 4 day stay.

Turning off the radios wouldn't be an answer when I was fielding calls about my store and trying to get things set up for what ended up being an extended leave.
    08-03-14 03:02 PM
    Turning off the radios isn't an answer to extreme power saving mode like the s5 and m8 have, though. In an emergency you may need to quickly access phone/text. Let's say there's an accident and you end up in the hospital, for example.

Power save mode was incredibly handy the day I ended up in icu with a bleeding ulcer that perforated an artery. I was able to get a hold of people and have access to communication until my husband was able to go get me things for my 4 day stay.

Turning off the radios wouldn't be an answer when I was fielding calls about my store and trying to get things set up for what ended up being an extended leave.
    Exactly. We need real power saving modes

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 04:09 PM
    If I sync my email at 4 hours interval, my z10 go beyond 3 days. If it is urgent, they can always call.
    08-03-14 10:34 PM
    They should add this feature basically turning your phone into a flip phone. Only call, text, emails... nothing else. should call it Afterhours or BlackBerry overtime.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 10:56 PM
    Agree this is a great feature
    08-04-14 02:25 AM
    They should add this feature basically turning your phone into a flip phone.
    Only call, text, emails... nothing else. should call it Afterhours or BlackBerry overtime.

Posted via CB10
    That stuff takes a lot of battery tho

Check Out TechCraze
    08-04-14 02:45 AM
30 12