So, what is the easiest way to give multiple people access to the OP of a findings / fixes thread so that it can be kept up to date?

Second, what is the format we want?

Posted via CB10
    Easiest way to get things from back to front, if not the OP is either PM them, or (G_d help me for suggesting this), report the post of worthy content for addition to the OP. I'd say PM me, but on any given day that could cause a day's delay. The Modfia are all about helping make the forum better, smoother, and less confrontational.

As far as format, as long as it's laid out neatly, ie list of changes, then bugs with fix following, and not so Wulfanese� only I can make sense of it, that's as official as it needs be.
    niss63 likes this.
    11-11-14 09:30 PM
    Surely, there must be someone amongst us who has no life, no job, no one to love, and can stay sober long enough to make our dreams come true!

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1016 | Bell | via CB10
    That's a tall order. LOL
    niss63 and laketrout73 like this.
    11-11-14 09:31 PM
    On another note, I still don't quite understand why the whole BL team attack and dissolve happened, but I for one thought those were the highest quality posts in terms of info and informed answers there ever were.

Was it because of the perception of some of the community that the BL team were "elite" and they wanted nobody in control, and everything be a free for all?

The reason this post exists indicates how well that went...

Sorry to rehash old wounds for some but I would just like a more comprehensive explanation, without trash talk, as to why that whole thing happened. Please PM me (not answer here) if you feel like taking the time to fully explain WTH happened there.

I just think it's sad some -very- knowledgeable and helpful people felt they needed a self-imposed ban from posting after all that.
    The story of BerryLeaks' end is convoluted. We were facing pressures within and without.

Inside, there were members who wanted nothing else than to reveal our sources and undermine what we were doing. That would include Josif (lengend) and Adam (aszucs).

Outside, there were many people who were very vocal about how the CB community could handle itself and test and report it's own feedback and fixes. That included scrid, kermed, deezy, JoBudden (used to be itzjusnik), CarbonKevin, and several others. If their names pop into memory, I will edit and add them. The last few leaks have shown just how effective their desired approach was. And where are they with their massive community support? That's right. Nowhere to be found.

As Toobs pointed out, we had up to 20 members working diligently to load new OSes, find bugs, find fixes, and document everything. We also worked hard to keep the OP updated with new information because, let's face it, many users on many devices and many carriers means lots of divergent use cases.

We also instituted a uniform support request format, which has been replicated in recent threads.

Even with all of that, we always faced the same silly questions, like "what about STL100-1?" or "how is battery life" or other things like PIN watermarks and the like.

So anyway, that's a *tiny* little flavor of what we dealt with. Not to mention private conversations being posted publicly and internal build apps also being posted publicly, all of which jeopardized people's jobs.

In the end, it was too much work with basically zero reward and even more risk and headache. So we called it a day and moved on with our lives.

We all breathe freely now.
    Last edited by wu-wei; 11-11-14 at 11:13 PM.
    11-11-14 09:54 PM
    11-11-14 09:55 PM
    11-11-14 10:00 PM
    We used to have a format for everything, including OS thread titles. People really cared about details, or were made to.

Ahhhhh, the simple days...
    bungaboy, toobs623, niss63 and 2 others like this.
    11-11-14 10:27 PM

We all breathe freely now.
    Thank you, glad to hear it. And, thank you again for past services.

Posted via CB10
    toobs623, niss63 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-11-14 10:39 PM
    Thank you, glad to hear it. And, thank you again for past services.

Posted via CB10
    No worries. I know many of us pop in here from time to time to help as we can. I took a long hiatus but I've been trying to assist others based on what I've seen personally.

I empathize with the frustration that has given rise to this thread, but I know - from years of experience - that there is no definitive answer to those who are not willing to read and learn. My best advice is to ignore the repetitive questions. If they can figure out how to load a leak, they can figure out CB's search function. It just might take them a few tries.
    bungaboy, moody, niss63 and 2 others like this.
    11-11-14 10:46 PM
    If I may...

People who take on responsibility reluctantly, because they believe the cause is too important to ignore, knowing it will be thankless and unrewarded, almost without exception succeed to the highest degree, and eventually earn rewards and power.

Those who seek power for power's sake, or are privileged into it, rarely learn enough humility to hold on, and typically crash and burn in a spectacular fashion.

Niss, I have no doubt you will never rise to the level of your own expectations, and we will all be tremendously impressed with your work on the threads you start.
    11-11-14 10:47 PM
    I only ever tried to help.
    11-11-14 10:52 PM
    I welcome those brave souls that want to try to bring the threads back to sanity. To them I say give it a go. You never know if it will catch on until you try.

TeamCrackBerry

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and niss63 like this.
    11-11-14 11:11 PM
    Edited to avoid issues.
    11-11-14 11:20 PM
    You guys just keep breathing more easily and let it go.

It's done.

I get that now.

I can definitely relate in the circumstances that led me to no longer being an "insider." it damn-near consumed me.

-breathe-

Posted via CB10
    niss63 and BigBadWulf like this.
    11-11-14 11:25 PM
    Why not a share point or something with a member maintaining new updates?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 11:26 PM
    This will never make a difference. The majority of new members don't bother reading the first post. Heck, they rarely bother to read the page they just posted on. The best way is to follow the thread from the beginning and check back every so often. I never lose my place on crackberry. Whether it be on the CB 10 app or even the website. They open to the last unread post on the thread. It's as easy as that.

Via CB10 Runnin Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016 and Official Member of The Peevishlicious Crew
    What if I don't have time to read back?

"Proud member of the Peevishlicious Crew" (Special Security)
    moody, Pdinos3 and niss63 like this.
    11-12-14 06:08 AM
    What if I don't have time to read back?

Then you don't have time to fix the problem you should have known to avoid.

One of my favorite sayings is "If you don't have time to do it right the first time, why do you think you'll have time to do it again?"

All semblance of reason tends to disappear when people enter the leaks subforum. :s
    11-12-14 06:10 AM

Surely, there must be someone amongst us who has no life, no job, no one to love, and can stay sober long enough to make our dreams come true.
    They actually do exist but they're currently too busy bashing BlackBerry. Lol

11-12-14 06:43 AM
    Then you don't have time to fix the problem you should have known to avoid.

One of my favorite sayings is "If you don't have time to do it right the first time, why do you think you'll have time to do it again?"

All semblance of reason tends to disappear when people enter the leaks subforum. :s
    On a serious note, I couldn't agree with you more. I deal in tech support with financial institutions and have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of rocket scientists who never cease to amaze me. LOL.

BTW. That saying makes for a great signature...

11-12-14 07:03 AM
    That unfortunately, and I cannot use that word with enough emphasis to accurately convey my feeling, was a failed experiment of apocalyptic proportion.
    love to hear about those details. From the outside it was better than what we have now, if only more communication and structure. Thats how I remember it, seems like they gave it good try anyway.
    11-12-14 08:11 AM
    Thanks for all of the suggestions and thoughts about how to organize this - especially for the links to some of the past methods. I'm going to put together a template this weekend and post it in this thread. At that point, I'd like some feedback as to what changes need to be made in the template to make sure that enough, but not too much, information is shared.

I appreciate all of the input.
    BigBadWulf and zephyr613 like this.
    11-12-14 09:06 AM
    Thanks for all of the suggestions and thoughts about how to organize this - especially for the links to some of the past methods. I'm going to put together a template this weekend and post it in this thread. At that point, I'd like some feedback as to what changes need to be made in the template to make sure that enough, but not too much, information is shared.

I appreciate all of the input.
    Hey Niss, I read all the posts before chiming in...you are to be commended for your intentions.

My only word of advice (based on my many years of TS experience) is to keep your form short and sweet or as I like to say: "Goof Proof".

Keep Calm and CrackBerry-On bro !!

Posted via my Kick@ss Q10
    BigBadWulf and niss63 like this.
    11-12-14 10:17 AM
    Hey Niss, I read all the posts before chiming in...you are to be commended for your intentions.

My only word of advice (based on my many years of TS experience) is to keep your form short and sweet or as I like to say: "Goof Proof".

Keep Calm and CrackBerry-On bro !!

Posted via my Kick@ss Q10
    Always known it as KISS.
    niss63 likes this.
    11-12-14 10:20 AM
    love to hear about those details. From the outside it was better than what we have now, if only more communication and structure. Thats how I remember it, seems like they gave it good try anyway.
    I've said all I need to say yesterday. Most were very upstanding people, I hold in the highest regard. Some are friends, a few I'd like to consider close friends. Didn't deter me from those comments yesterday, both positive and negative, since I believe in shooting it straight. Anything beyond I've kept between them and I, out of respect, whether they are friend or not.

The dirty details are for them to share, but I would caution that they stick to the basics, and leave the personal crap out. Everyone has their own perspective, it's all water under the bridge at this point, and would only serve to open old wounds.

It's time to stop the bleeding and heal.
    toobs623 and niss63 like this.
    11-12-14 10:37 AM
    I have nothing to add either. I've considered that chapter closed for months now.

While I agree there should be more structure to threads, I also agree that it is a lofty goal that would require lots of attention.
    niss63 and BigBadWulf like this.
    11-12-14 10:47 AM
    Okay topic closed arty-time: #wheresmybeer

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-12-14 10:49 AM
180 ... 34567 ...