Would be nice, although the vast majority of posts in Leaked/Beta OS are only because someone failed to read the thread.

Posted via CB10
    This in a nutshell!

Look folks, I know it gets tiring and frustration sets in, but the reality is this is nothing new. Those who have been around know how to search for answers, and generally have the patience to respond with answers to the same old questions being asked over and over. I was there once myself, took some time off, and realized I had to change my attitude, because it was all I had the power to change.

When you find yourself typing "Use the search", please, for the sake of the forum, do not hit Submit Reply. Let someone else handle it.

The fact is, were we to start a mass cleansing, CrackBerry would wither and die. New members would definitely get the message they're not welcome. What ever happened to the only dopey question is the one unasked?
    niss63 and homer1475 like this.
    11-10-14 04:45 PM
    This will never happen. I created a new thread about that this morning and it got locked out and removed within couple of minutes. I really got sick of the how to remove diagnostic window questions over and over again.
    Frankly what we're saying here indirectly is that admins don't do their job. They let interesting discussion be literred with hundreds of those "questions".
    I wanted to help with that issue but was quickly knocked down by the censorship.
    I would be happy to address this with you, privately.
    11-10-14 04:46 PM
    I think what you guys are saying is that you want BerryLeaks back.
    niss63, Mecca EL, toobs623 and 4 others like this.
    11-10-14 05:12 PM
    This in a nutshell! http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/26746297.gif

Look folks, I know it gets tiring and frustration sets in, but the reality is this is nothing new. Those who have been around know how to search for answers, and generally have the patience to respond with answers to the same old questions being asked over and over. I was there once myself, took some time off, and realized I had to change my attitude, because it was all I had the power to change.

When you find yourself typing "Use the search", please, for the sake of the forum, do not hit Submit Reply. Let someone else handle it.

The fact is, were we to start a mass cleansing, CrackBerry would wither and die. New members would definitely get the message they're not welcome. What ever happened to the only dopey question is the one unasked?
    I think it's more frustrating for noobs who struggle to find answers because they don't necessarily the keywords and stuff they need to search. This site probably looses more people due to this than they would if duplicate posts were removed.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 and will308 like this.
    11-10-14 05:35 PM
    I think it's more frustrating for noobs who struggle to find answers because they don't necessarily the keywords and stuff they need to search. This site probably looses more people due to this than they would if duplicate posts were removed.

Posted via CB10
    I'd love to believe that, but how many times has a question been asked, when the answer was the thread/post above it. This all goes back to the early days here, and the old timers can attest to it. When I joined in the Pearl days it occurred with regularity, and the posting frequency then pales in comparison to today. I made my upgrade guide due to having answered the same things again and again. Only thing that changed was I had a link to point them to, instead of having to say it over and over.
    niss63, toobs623 and bungaboy like this.
    11-10-14 06:00 PM
    I think what you guys are saying is that you want BerryLeaks back.
    That unfortunately, and I cannot use that word with enough emphasis to accurately convey my feeling, was a failed experiment of apocalyptic proportion.
    niss63 and homer1475 like this.
    11-10-14 06:03 PM
    And tell the makers of Crackberry app to add an option to search inside the thread. I haven't found this anywhere.
    Posted via CB10
    Crackberry.com Desktop provides a "Search Thread" function to search inside the thread.
    11-10-14 06:05 PM
    I'd love to believe that, but how many times has a question been asked, when the answer was the thread/post above it. This all goes back to the early days here, and the old timers can attest to it. When I joined in the Pearl days it occurred with regularity, and the posting frequency then pales in comparison to today. I made my upgrade guide due to having answered the same things again and again. Only thing that changed was I had a link to point them to, instead of having to say it over and over.
    Why not send them a pm and delete the double post. If the thread is indeed intended to be "findings & fixes" why not simply delete any post that is not a finding or a fix & any that are duplicates. Make a separate thread called questions and answers.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    11-10-14 07:46 PM
    1) don't link to the original post about the OS being available on the front page. This is where a great many of the noob/duplicate/lazy posts come from. Provide only post #1 content link, not whole thread (download sources only with links to the 'how to' stickies)

2) keep the original "it's available" post limited to mirroring and download issues and initial early findings (not available for device -whatever-) and "thanks" - seal off from everything else

3) if a findings and fixes thread is started, OP should commit to only making it when they have found something new or a bug only. And then let the community pursue from there.

4) allow one Triage and Q&A thread to be started for all the "halp?!" questions.

In short, each release should have 3 threads allowed sticking to above criteria, and DO NOT open the floodgates to the original "it's available" thread.

Final point, at least we aren't attacking each other as much anymore. Things are trending positive. And would remain that way if some of the "halp!?!" posts could be avoided. (see point 1)

To make this work, "ambassadors" and helpful people should commit to try to help some of those in the triage (halp!??) thread.

Just my -.5 bits.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 and laketrout73 like this.
    11-10-14 08:12 PM
    back in the day when i did the "findings and fixes" threads I did this. I would read pretty much every post in the threads and update the OP with as much info as I could. I didnt have mod access back then either but didnt need it either. Things are different now though. You can only do so much but questions are going to come up time and time again and the best you can do is answer it. If the OP starts a thread they do need to keep it up to date if they can. But not everyone is willing to put the effort in, they just want to be the man who starts it. Hell i would add all the links to the guides on how to install and such.

Threads were much smaller back in the day too...maybe 500 posts instead of 1500. the bottom line is it can be done but the OP has to be up to the task and people have to be patient. It was always a fun time back in the storm days but not near the fighting. noobs will always exist and they will always ask what appears to be a stupid question to many people but that is the way all forums are. Yelling at them isnt going to help.
    11-10-14 08:22 PM
    back in the day when i did the "findings and fixes" threads I did this. I would read pretty much every post in the threads and update the OP with as much info as I could. I didnt have mod access back then either but didnt need it either. Things are different now though. You can only do so much but questions are going to come up time and time again and the best you can do is answer it. If the OP starts a thread they do need to keep it up to date if they can. But not everyone is willing to put the effort in, they just want to be the man who starts it. Hell i would add all the links to the guides on how to install and such.

Threads were much smaller back in the day too...maybe 500 posts instead of 1500. the bottom line is it can be done but the OP has to be up to the task and people have to be patient. It was always a fun time back in the storm days but not near the fighting. noobs will always exist and they will always ask what appears to be a stupid question to many people but that is the way all forums are. Yelling at them isnt going to help.
    Agreed

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 08:27 PM
    Someone from the .1016 thread eluded to separating findings and fixes to their own threads. IE Findings Only and Fixes Only. This may have its own inherent issues but going on the last thread, it may be necessary.
    This would make a huge difference. Findings/New Features separated from Fixes. Most findings are completely buried by the Fixes.

BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 on Rogers
    11-10-14 08:57 PM
    Why not send them a pm and delete the double post. If the thread is indeed intended to be "findings & fixes" why not simply delete any post that is not a finding or a fix & any that are duplicates. Make a separate thread called questions and answers.

Posted via CB10
    You do realize the Modfia are all unpaid, volunteer staff, with real jobs and lives?

In a perfect world, all that has been mentioned would be possible.

Hey Matt.....
    You have a very romantic Re visionary view of the Stormtrooper days.
    toobs623 likes this.
    11-10-14 09:44 PM
    If we have a willing volunteer or two, who can commit to starting find and fix threads hence forth, and keep up maintain the OP info, I'm pretty sure y'all would have our full support.
    11-10-14 09:49 PM
    That unfortunately, and I cannot use that word with enough emphasis to accurately convey my feeling, was a failed experiment of apocalyptic proportion.
    Point taken. I'll focus on curating my own wiki instead.

And the rules in the screenshot attached are never enforced. As we can all see in this subforum, over and over and over.
    We need a organized format for leaks fixed/findings threads-img_20141110_225732.png
    11-10-14 09:59 PM
    Point taken. I'll focus on curating my own wiki instead.

And the rules in the screenshot attached are never enforced. As we can all see in this subforum, over and over and over.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141110_225732.png 
Views:	695 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	313547
    I would send you a BBM hug and kiss daily man.
    11-10-14 10:06 PM
    OP I totally agree. Err have you updated the first page with the most important considerations.........??

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and homer1475 like this.
    11-10-14 10:26 PM
    May I kindly suggest the OP comes up with a better title next time, so the thread gains traction. How about "This thing in the corner kills iPhones"?
    niss63, toobs623 and bungaboy like this.
    11-10-14 11:10 PM
    I would send you a BBM hug and kiss daily man.
    Sorry, but does that actually say that we're not supposed to link to outside stories? Only to Mobile Nations blog stories?

o.O

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-11-14 12:18 AM
    Someone can also make a 10.3.1.xxx - Findings and Fixes Summary which can be made into a sticky. It doesn't necessarily need to be the OP of the original thread.
    11-11-14 12:27 AM
    noobs will always exist and they will always ask what appears to be a stupid question to many people but that is the way all forums are. Yelling at them isnt going to help.
    It's not so much the "stupid" questions, it's the obvious too lazy to read posts that turn normally patient and helpful into frustrated and rude.

I also don't understand why repetitive questions and replies can't be deleted. It's no longer fostering discussion after the third "what's this box?"

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 STL 100-3 / 10.3.1.1016
    Legal Eagle and bungaboy like this.
    11-11-14 12:28 AM
    I remember when I wanted to unlock my blackberry pearl I started googling lol...an found this great site called crackberry.com got great info searching the forums and got a little tool called a mfi loader and unlocked it just by following info on the threads...My Suggestion to the Newbies before starting unnecessary threads use the search bar it's a powerful tool even if u Google it and it's on cb it'll show up

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 12:47 AM
    OP I totally agree. Err have you updated the first page with the most important considerations.........??

Posted via CB10
    This is not a a fixes/findings thread, but is a thread for discussion of an idea.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 02:37 AM
    I find sometimes that the Findings and Fixes thread are started by people who havent even installed the same.
    This is utter foolishness and an attempt to grab unwanted attention.

A proper format and organized posting will make this forum much more helpful and useful.
    11-11-14 02:58 AM
    This will never make a difference. The majority of new members don't bother reading the first post. Heck, they rarely bother to read the page they just posted on.
    As much as I try to be positive about it all, ^^ is exactly right. Reading and taking matters into ones own hands to dig for info has become a lost art. Some people treat the forums as Google when really they should be using Google lol.
    11-11-14 03:55 AM
180 1234 ...