The latest leak (10.3.1.1016) has made this really obvious. Maybe because AT&T inadvertently released the OS to several Passport owners, people thought that it was an approved OS, but many people jumped on the leak bandwagon that probably shouldn't have. Because they had different expectations and a different understanding of what/why to download, they resorted to their normal approved OS method of problem solving, which doesn't involve a lot of self education via searching or reading. This turned the "findings and fixes" thread into a train wreck.

I'm using a Z30 on this leak, and it is working decently. There are a few bugs and a few things I've found, but I am sure that there are many more findings and fixes that would be beneficial, but it has become a chore to read through the thread. It makes me think of digging through the dumpster behind McDonald's in hopes of finding an untouched Big Mac - It's just not worth it.

It would be helpful if the mods didn't rename a random "what's new in 10.x.x.xxxx" thread into a "findings/fixes" thread. Renaming it in this way almost gives the thread a validity that is not followed up if the OP isn't committed to keeping the thread updated and on track.

If someone starts a "findings/fixes" thread, they should be committed to updating the OP to reflect the findings and fixes that are later posted in the thread. Their OP should probably also link to the autoloader thread for that release, as well as the how to install an autoloader, and how to multiwipe your device. Maybe throw in a few disclaimers as well.

Then if someone asks a question that has been already answered, they can simply be directed back to the OP for the answer.

I would like to see a format that makes sense out of the chaos.
    11-10-14 08:43 AM
    The latest leak (10.3.1.1016) has made this really obvious. Maybe because AT&T inadvertently released the OS to several Passport owners, people thought that it was an approved OS, but many people jumped on the leak bandwagon that probably shouldn't have. Because they had different expectations and a different understanding of what/why to download, they resorted to their normal approved OS method of problem solving, which doesn't involve a lot of self education via searching or reading. This turned the "findings and fixes" thread into a train wreck.

I'm using a Z30 on this leak, and it is working decently. There are a few bugs and a few things I've found, but I am sure that there are many more findings and fixes that would be beneficial, but it has become a chore to read through the thread. It makes me think of digging through the dumpster behind McDonald's in hopes of finding an untouched Big Mac - It's just not worth it.

It would be helpful if the mods didn't rename a random "what's new in 10.x.x.xxxx" thread into a "findings/fixes" thread. Renaming it in this way almost gives the thread a validity that is not followed up if the OP isn't committed to keeping the thread updated and on track.

If someone starts a "findings/fixes" thread, they should be committed to updating the OP to reflect the findings and fixes that are later posted in the thread. Their OP should probably also link to the autoloader thread for that release, as well as the how to install an autoloader, and how to multiwipe your device. Maybe throw in a few disclaimers as well.

Then if someone asks a question that has been already answered, they can simply be directed back to the OP for the answer.

I would like to see a format that makes sense out of the chaos.
    Heavily agree with the bolded. Everyone doesnt have time to read through 50 pages.
    11-10-14 08:52 AM
    Fully agree!!!

I made a similar comment in the. 10.3.1.1016 thread!

If you are the OP in the "finding & Fixes" thread you must assume the responsibility and commitment to updating!

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    11-10-14 09:08 AM
    I agree.... have agreed..... been agreeing.

But this has been an issue for YEARS... Back in the old STORM days, leaks and even Hybirds were a huge necessity to try and get our iPhone Killers into Killing Mode. Had hoped that CrackBerry would take it upon it's self to come up with a way to keep that threads useful.

But now we would get a few good findings and fixes, then a bunch of the Browser so much faster and Battery life is so great.... only to find that maybe the Browser only took 12.3 seconds to open a page instead of 12.4 seconds, but the battery life was cut by 10% to do it. Then the arguments would start and you would have to wade through 12 post to find one that is relevant.

I agree either the OP needs to keep the list of improvements and bugs updated for at least a week.
    BigBadWulf and niss63 like this.
    11-10-14 09:10 AM
    Someone from the .1016 thread eluded to separating findings and fixes to their own threads. IE Findings Only and Fixes Only. This may have its own inherent issues but going on the last thread, it may be necessary.
    niss63 likes this.
    11-10-14 09:11 AM
    Yup. It should be maintained.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 09:16 AM
    How do you start a petition on here? Everyone is screaming at people asking about the "weird thing on the bottom left " but really when you have to read through 3 pages of "how's the battery life " "does it blend" "is this a daily driver " to find out its a well known issue how can you get upset? I always say "did you read the op?" but guess what the op of that thread says.... "what's new? " WTF is that, garbage.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    11-10-14 09:21 AM
    Maybe such threads should be started by a Mod and maintained by the Mod team.

They would have the access to keep the threads clean and on track by deleting duplicate posts such as we have seen time after time such as the "I have a box at the bottom left of my screen, how do I get rid of it" ones in the .1016 thread.

If the number of pages were cut down then more folks would have the time to read through them from start to finish rather than ask for the umpteenth time something that has already been asked and answered.
    11-10-14 09:26 AM
    Where is all the money we have been giving Kevin going..... those mods must be getting paid a fortune, put them to work!
    niss63, toobs623 and BigBadWulf like this.
    11-10-14 10:00 AM
    +1

I think all bug reports should be formatted equaly
    Maybe:

Device: Z10 STL-2
    Carrier: ​AT & T
    Type of Update: Autoloader / Update / Update +wipe

Bug: no alarm
    11-10-14 10:04 AM
    Where is all the money we have been giving Kevin going..... those mods must be getting paid a fortune, put them to work!
    Hah, funny.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-10-14 10:07 AM
    After some time the thread starter could start a poll with the most mentioned bugs. So we see the most seen bugs on first page
    niss63 likes this.
    11-10-14 10:08 AM
    Who why would anyone do this. It sounds like a lot of work and hassle. If someone does that would be awesome. I nominate the OP. Lol. Sorry I need more coffee

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:09 AM
    I don't think it needs to be over complicated, just find someone willing to start these threads who will add the findings to the op. Put [Official] in the title and call it a day. If the person isn't doing it close the thread and let someone else start a new one.

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    11-10-14 10:09 AM
    Would be nice, although the vast majority of posts in Leaked/Beta OS are only because someone failed to read the thread.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:11 AM
    Would be nice, although the vast majority of posts in Leaked/Beta OS are only because someone failed to read the thread.

Posted via CB10
    But does it work on the STL1?
    Prince Radebe, cbcoza and steffcip like this.
    11-10-14 10:22 AM
    This the same old problem of etiquette.
    First: research
    Then: read
    Afterwards: contribute

We should truly invest in a nice wiki that covers all the common points.

The wiki should be a stick in the leak thread and maintained by the few who are not the victims of the Eternal September (Google it)

BerryLeaks have started it and unfortunately it fell apart

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    11-10-14 10:49 AM
    While we're at it, can all junk posts like "Will it work on STL-1000-1", "How's the battery life", or "What is the code on the edge of my screen" just be deleted summarily? Wading through a page of lame regurgitated "jokes" to find one legitimately useful piece of information makes these threads nearly useless.

Isn't BlackBerry about getting things done? Productivity and efficiency? Why not practice what we preach?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:56 AM
    This will never make a difference. The majority of new members don't bother reading the first post. Heck, they rarely bother to read the page they just posted on. The best way is to follow the thread from the beginning and check back every so often. I never lose my place on crackberry. Whether it be on the CB 10 app or even the website. They open to the last unread post on the thread. It's as easy as that.

Via CB10 Runnin Z10STL100-3/10.3.1.1016 and Official Member of The Peevishlicious Crew
    cbcoza, mainely_linux and bungaboy like this.
    11-10-14 11:16 AM
    Heavily agree with the bolded. Everyone doesnt have time to read through 50 pages.
    I agree as well, wish the site would also populate previous questions as you typed them so that they are not asked an answered thousands of times (Will this work on STL-1?, Does Blend work on this build? etc.) Love the enthusiasm but wastes so much time and energy. I could teach you all the perfect way to handle all the leak problems........if if I knew, but just kinda know what doesn't work. The leak team used to do an admirable job i thought maybe base it on what they started. I hope OP on this thread edits or reposts with best ideas.
    11-10-14 12:33 PM
    While we're at it, can all junk posts like "Will it work on STL-1000-1", "How's the battery life", or "What is the code on the edge of my screen" just be deleted summarily? Wading through a page of lame regurgitated "jokes" to find one legitimately useful piece of information makes these threads nearly useless.

Isn't BlackBerry about getting things done? Productivity and efficiency? Why not practice what we preach?

Posted via CB10
    This will never happen. I created a new thread about that this morning and it got locked out and removed within couple of minutes. I really got sick of the how to remove diagnostic window questions over and over again.
    Frankly what we're saying here indirectly is that admins don't do their job. They let interesting discussion be literred with hundreds of those "questions".
    I wanted to help with that issue but was quickly knocked down by the censorship.
    11-10-14 02:34 PM
    I strongly agree.
    And tell the makers of Crackberry app to add an option to search inside the thread. I haven't found this anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 02:48 PM
    I personally feel the findings and fixings should merely link to a wiki page. Easier to maintain and the there is essentially no page limit. The users could post their issues in the fixings thread and the responders could in fact respond with the wiki link and point # 5 once the wiki is updated to include the issue and the fixing if there is a fixing. Otherwise the wiki would list the Issue, and a standard, no known resolution or workaround at this time.

And once another leak is provided, then the wiki can be flagged and noted as no longer maintained or updated.

Now onto the point of the moderators creating and updating these types of threads? I am fairly confident they have enough on their plates as it is.

Removal of garbage posts? This will also never happen as the usual response is, "It promotes conversation. If you are not interested in responding, move along." Do I personally agree with the removal of garbage posts without any hesitation or notification to the poster, absolutely. Especially the "Downloading now" responses.
    HotFix and Mikey_NNG like this.
    11-10-14 02:58 PM
    This the same old problem of etiquette.
    First: research
    Then: read
    Afterwards: contribute

We should truly invest in a nice wiki that covers all the common points.

The wiki should be a stick in the leak thread and maintained by the few who are not the victims of the Eternal September (Google it)

BerryLeaks have started it and unfortunately it fell apart

Posted via CB10
    The "community" wanted to do it themselves. This is what you get. (Not a shot at you, more at the vocal minority who didn't want our services and then promptly disappeared...contributing nothing)

Even our threads were chock full of useless posts and repeat questions. The saying du jour seems to be "ya can't fix stupid."
    11-10-14 04:05 PM
    The "community" wanted to do it themselves. This is what you get. (Not a shot at you, more at the vocal minority who didn't want our services and then promptly disappeared...contributing nothing)

Even our threads were chock full of useless posts and repeat questions. The saying du jour seems to be "ya can't fix stupid."
    The good old days, eh?
    Mecca EL and bungaboy like this.
    11-10-14 04:13 PM
180 123 ...