With the ability to install Android apps on to blackberry 10 devices (whatever method one chooses I I've gone the Amazon app store route for now) what I would really like to see implemented is the ability to get HUB integration for apps that provide push alerts.

For example I contacted the developers of the Score app and they don't have plans of porting Scoremobile FC to BB10, an app I loved on my BB7 device as I am a huge soccer fan and enjoyed live push alerts from leagues all around the world. While the Scoremobile FC app from Android is good, It can't push score alerts to my device. The same goes for instagram. Notifications won't work.

Hopefully blackberry will work in HUB integration for Android apps because it would allow for the full experience while using the app.

Then again I can't help but feel that the day when BlackBerry goes full Android is not too far away.

Until then, please give us Hub integration so we can really take advantage of all the features of these apps. Then again if there is a way to do it then please feel free to share.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    02-03-14 08:39 PM
    It actually depends on how the app was coded. Some apps have the ability to push notifications to the notifications section if your Hub. eg: When a song is playing, when an app has connected etc. There is limits on that as well though as it's text only notifications.
    02-03-14 08:54 PM
    With the ability to install Android apps on to blackberry 10 devices (whatever method one chooses I I've gone the Amazon app store route for now) what I would really like to see implemented is the ability to get HUB integration for apps that provide push alerts.

For example I contacted the developers of the Score app and they don't have plans of porting Scoremobile FC to BB10, an app I loved on my BB7 device as I am a huge soccer fan and enjoyed live push alerts from leagues all around the world. While the Scoremobile FC app from Android is good, It can't push score alerts to my device. The same goes for instagram. Notifications won't work.

Hopefully blackberry will work in HUB integration for Android apps because it would allow for the full experience while using the app.

Many Android apps already use the Hub.

BB10 uses a shim that redirects requests to the Android notification to the Hub in many cases.

Off the top of my head, Android apps that I have that use Hub include Skype, K9Email, AVast, and several others I would have to confirm.

Android apps may not use ALL the features of Hub that native apps have access to, but that's not much of a surprise.
    02-03-14 08:57 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm selfish. Big soccer fan and I miss the Scoremobile FC push alerts from my Bold 9900 ;-(

That app won't push alerts to BlackBerry 10 devices.

If anyone knows of a good soccer score app that pushes alerts I'd love to know.

02-03-14 09:10 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm selfish. Big soccer fan and I miss the Scoremobile FC push alerts from my Bold 9900 ;-(

That app won't push alerts to BlackBerry 10 devices.

If anyone knows of a good soccer score app that pushes alerts I'd love to know.

I bothers me to not have the ability to receive alerts from the Score android load. The bb10 app is good and provides some alerts but misses out on the in-depth nature of the android version. I have had to install both on my phone in order to get the best of both worlds. I'd solely stick with side loaded android version if the alerts / notifications could show.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 09:29 AM