They don't work well on my Q10 and kill the battery. And more and more people are requiring apps for work and not just personal use. We are being left behind. . .

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 06:45 PM
    Thing is...

Posted via CB10
    Legendary
    03-28-16 08:06 PM
    LSDberry, why u no mention of Google becoming too powerful with all the data they collected and ultimately ruling the world and all their Droids as cyber war machine vs humanity (matrix style)

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-28-16 09:41 PM
    Thing is, we're a minority. How many people here own 2+ BlackBerrys? Quite a few, I should imagine. A lot of us are die-hards and fanatics, and the more people that migrate from BB10, the higher the concentration of hard core fanatics will comprise the BB10 user base.

We are basically the Betamax of the mobile phone world. We know our platform is better, but so what? Nobody uses it and as time goes on, Windows and Android and iOS will all catch up and surpass it in almost every way. And I will probably still be using a Blackberry, because I like the keyboard and am used to it.

- In five years time, this forum will resemble the Blackberry OS forum (go check it out).

- In ten years time, the blackberry owners BBM channel (if BBM still exists) will be a cult along the lines of an Apple 1 or Amiga owners club.

- In 50 years time, Unified People's Technology (The world's biggest company - a merger of Huawei and Microsoft, owned by the Chinese government) will release a 'homage' Blackberry device that looks like the Classic but runs the latest version of Windows (Windows 10.9.9.9.74156). It will achieve moderate success in Southeast Asia, but sale will be forbidden in the US by Google Government, Inc, who bought a 51 % stake in the government initially to help sell self driving cars in the 2020's.

Many of us will buy an imported one off eBay, inadvertently join the Communist Party by accepting the EULA, and end up before a Special Tribunal at the Court of Patriotism. Many will be hanged, following a history check, for unpatriotic things that were said on this forum in the 2010's. Those who are not hanged will be deported to China - where they will then be hanged, after an initial interview, for having "Un Chinese" thoughts.

Following the hangings, all Crackberry users will be declared potential terrorists and will have to go into hiding. Some will make it to India, where they will be given asylum by decree of the 15th Dalai Lama, Emperor of Afro-Indian Empire, on the condition that they renounce their allegiance to the "BlackBerry" terrorist organisation.

These people will be allowed to live out their lives in a remote mountainous region, but will be forbidden from using electricity and electronic communications devices of any kind. Most of the settlers will commit suicide within days due to internet withdrawal, but the remaining few will go on to settle the BlackBerry tribe - a tribe whose religion and folklore will be based on the BlackBerry 10 OS, with it's sacred text being a printed copy of the source code. Blackberry devices will be smuggled in, and kept in secret.

After many generations, the tribe and their doctrine will have succeeded in spreading it's message throughout many continents. The original Blackberry handsets will be considered religious icons, possession of which imbues the holder with social status, with possession of different handsets and combinations of handsets giving rise to different social strata. Blackberry collectors will become the high priests of the religious order, and those who do not possess a handset will be considered untouchables. Those who are engaged in understanding and deciphering the source code will be considered prophets - magical beings with knowledge of the divine.

A new dark age will descend upon the world - with all technology considered 'inferior' to the BlackBerry being forbidden on pain of death. As the existing supply of BlackBerry handsets, relics of the 2010s, become increasingly rarer, and with the ability to manufacture them having since been lost, access to a mobile device becomes an elite privilege with the lower classes being given different coloured rocks to denote their social status.

After many years, the Council of Code Readers - elite members of the ruling World Government - will finally have finished deciphering the source code, and will have reverse engineered the original Blackberry signing key, something which had been long lost to the ages.

The world's now tiny population of a few million, survivors of the brutal Passport v Classic wars, will be marshalled into a worldwide manufacturing effort - mines will be built for raw materials, power stations commissioned to provide power to factories, and an army of app coders will be assembled and trained by the Council of Readers. Many millions more will die, as labour and resources are taken away from agriculture and medicine for the great manufacturing effort.

Thus, in AD 2496 - the Year of the Berry, BBOS 10.4 will be made available, and the Classic II and Passport II will be released.

Posted via CB10
    At the risk of Quoting: This narrative. Should be set in a golden plaque and sent to BlackBerry Headquarters!

 BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    03-28-16 10:27 PM
    If high-end full touch devices can't turn things around for Microsoft, why would anyone believe they would for BlackBerry?
    Because... REASONS!
    03-28-16 10:43 PM
    Thing is, we're a minority. How many people here own 2+ BlackBerrys? Quite a few, I should imagine. A lot of us are die-hards and fanatics, and the more people that migrate from BB10, the higher the concentration of hard core fanatics will comprise the BB10 user base.

We are basically the Betamax of the mobile phone world. We know our platform is better, but so what? Nobody uses it and as time goes on, Windows and Android and iOS will all catch up and surpass it in almost every way. And I will probably still be using a Blackberry, because I like the keyboard and am used to it.

- In five years time, this forum will resemble the Blackberry OS forum (go check it out).

- In ten years time, the blackberry owners BBM channel (if BBM still exists) will be a cult along the lines of an Apple 1 or Amiga owners club.

- In 50 years time, Unified People's Technology (The world's biggest company - a merger of Huawei and Microsoft, owned by the Chinese government) will release a 'homage' Blackberry device that looks like the Classic but runs the latest version of Windows (Windows 10.9.9.9.74156). It will achieve moderate success in Southeast Asia, but sale will be forbidden in the US by Google Government, Inc, who bought a 51 % stake in the government initially to help sell self driving cars in the 2020's.

Many of us will buy an imported one off eBay, inadvertently join the Communist Party by accepting the EULA, and end up before a Special Tribunal at the Court of Patriotism. Many will be hanged, following a history check, for unpatriotic things that were said on this forum in the 2010's. Those who are not hanged will be deported to China - where they will then be hanged, after an initial interview, for having "Un Chinese" thoughts.

Following the hangings, all Crackberry users will be declared potential terrorists and will have to go into hiding. Some will make it to India, where they will be given asylum by decree of the 15th Dalai Lama, Emperor of Afro-Indian Empire, on the condition that they renounce their allegiance to the "BlackBerry" terrorist organisation.

These people will be allowed to live out their lives in a remote mountainous region, but will be forbidden from using electricity and electronic communications devices of any kind. Most of the settlers will commit suicide within days due to internet withdrawal, but the remaining few will go on to settle the BlackBerry tribe - a tribe whose religion and folklore will be based on the BlackBerry 10 OS, with it's sacred text being a printed copy of the source code. Blackberry devices will be smuggled in, and kept in secret.

After many generations, the tribe and their doctrine will have succeeded in spreading it's message throughout many continents. The original Blackberry handsets will be considered religious icons, possession of which imbues the holder with social status, with possession of different handsets and combinations of handsets giving rise to different social strata. Blackberry collectors will become the high priests of the religious order, and those who do not possess a handset will be considered untouchables. Those who are engaged in understanding and deciphering the source code will be considered prophets - magical beings with knowledge of the divine.

A new dark age will descend upon the world - with all technology considered 'inferior' to the BlackBerry being forbidden on pain of death. As the existing supply of BlackBerry handsets, relics of the 2010s, become increasingly rarer, and with the ability to manufacture them having since been lost, access to a mobile device becomes an elite privilege with the lower classes being given different coloured rocks to denote their social status.

After many years, the Council of Code Readers - elite members of the ruling World Government - will finally have finished deciphering the source code, and will have reverse engineered the original Blackberry signing key, something which had been long lost to the ages.

The world's now tiny population of a few million, survivors of the brutal Passport v Classic wars, will be marshalled into a worldwide manufacturing effort - mines will be built for raw materials, power stations commissioned to provide power to factories, and an army of app coders will be assembled and trained by the Council of Readers. Many millions more will die, as labour and resources are taken away from agriculture and medicine for the great manufacturing effort.

Thus, in AD 2496 - the Year of the Berry, BBOS 10.4 will be made available, and the Classic II and Passport II will be released.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 01:07 AM
    0.2% market share. That's what the commotion is all about.

*ME173X
    By the time we finish reading this post, it'd be 0.1%

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-29-16 01:31 AM
    I want your drugs

Posted via CB10
    LSDBerry
    03-29-16 08:18 AM
    BB10 is an excellent OS with no apps so due to that, it has a smallest global device user base. Or you can say due to a small user base there are no developers interested in development, right?...A very basic business laws applied here... Too bad they failed to profit from a great product and built in features such as hub, bedside mode etc... but we should stop beating a dead horse..
    Even now with Priv, don't understand why they don't sell Blackberry suite to all android users. I'd be willing to pay for it...But no, they are again ignorant and now people started to side load BB priv apps the same way we did android apps on BB10. Crazy...
    Last edited by fadmin; 03-29-16 at 11:47 AM.
    elfabio80 and MontanaVista like this.
    03-29-16 08:55 AM
    Well I have just lost the ability to Share a photo or Twitter item to Facebook. Both me and wife do this often. Why did you let this happen BlackBerry and are you going to fix it? If not it will be Android Cyanogen via Wileyfox Swift or Moto G for us very soon. Bye bye BlackBerry for incrementally shutting down what useful apps we had available.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 10:13 AM
    And yet, we have nothing.
    03-29-16 01:12 PM
    Well I have just lost the ability to Share a photo or Twitter item to Facebook. Both me and wife do this often. Why did you let this happen BlackBerry and are you going to fix it? If not it will be Android Cyanogen via Wileyfox Swift or Moto G for us very soon. Bye bye BlackBerry for incrementally shutting down what useful apps we had available.

Posted via CB10
    They're not going to fix it. Start looking at alternatives now.

Posted via overheating lollipop Priv
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-29-16 01:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    LMFAO!! can't believe you took the time to type all that. but thank you. it gave me a good laugh.
    03-29-16 02:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Why do you sound like Blackberry did this by choice? You really think Blackberry WANTS its users to be so angry, and their phones being brought closer to obsolescence by the day? Facebook does what Facebook wants. It could shut out Apple at the end of this month if it actually wanted to! But doing so would be business suicide. Shutting out Blackberry will make such a small impact on its bottom line that it won't even notice the difference.
    03-29-16 03:07 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is the best concept out there, but ours, are demo devices!... all of them in alpha... I can't and won't believe you if you say you havent had any issue or strange BB behavior. I will try to list all of them but worse than that is the fact that the classic holds the same specs than my Q10.

- Hub disappears, you may able to scroll down through the first 10 top emails, messages, then everything goes to blank and it needs some 10seconds to re appear
    - Whatsapp won't work from the HUB
    - Opening the camera is like compiling a whole app
    - The phone app.. my god!, it is slow to open, it is slow to respond to my actions, and sometimes it lies there without responding and after 7 seconds some of the numbers I was pressing suddenly start to be pressed by the phone. Sometimes I cannot hung up a call, the speaker button does not respond immediately, and the worst of all that made me hate the phone app! I was in the middle of the office and the proximity sensor went OFF and ****! the speaker activated while a interviewer from another company was about to tell me "well, the interview will consist on..." so immediately I had to take out the battery because the "end call" button was not working! I was sweating.
    - There is a spot on my house where my phone is not good with the voice calls but the iPhone is... so I blame the antena on the Q10
    - The peek gesture not always work
    - My Battery drains a lot, sometimes I'm not even using the phone, sometimes I have 15% left and it JUST TURNS OFF!... I was just arriving to my country, coming from US, I needed an uber and my z30 was dead... my q10... at the airport the battery had 15% so I took that away and put the spare one, when I reached 75% of the other one I turned it off. I left the battery in the Q10, when I arrived I turned the phone on and the phone consumed the battery while being off!!!!!! I checked and I had 17% battery left and guess what! at 16% it turned off by itself!... I took my spare battery hoping that the 15% left I had was going to be enough. It started loading the phone and when it just fully started it turned off by itself again at 15%. That moment I screamed with all my heart F----- YOU BLACKBERRY! F YOU all the way to hell!!... you screwed me you, shame on me, screwed me twice, a third, fourth, fifth time, all the times I have been buying blackberries!! and shame on me for keep buying first products. No more playbooks.
    - Other weird behaviors are when writing on some android apps, the app just dont recognizes the input and it crashes.
    - What about 16gb? that is useless!!.... "Wait Jimmy! you still can use an micro sd card..".. f that s mike!... BlackBerry has destroyed every single microsd card I have bought!
    - damn picture password is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww to show the grid of numbers
    - the contacts app is slow to index my contacts... when I put the 'S', looking for Sam, Sergio or 'Slutty girl I met on San Francisco'... holly christ!... man if it is slow... my technique is quite simple... I put the S... then I go to do something else, and I comeback just in time for the list to show up. Is terrible...

After several years, the lag, the bad execution, the crashes and the battery issues are no longer tolerable for me. I was able to put up with BlackBerry lack of apps but I had to give up my z30. I went to the iPhone. I have an iPhone 6 with 128gb onboard and an iPad 4 mini 128gb too.
    My BlackBerry Q10 still my favorite phone when I go to the WC. Is convinient, small, one handed device, I write fast, and accurate, more than on the iPhone, I hate hitting the damn home button of the iPhone, I kind of love Siri, and I love the ID touch.

In conclusion, BlackBerry 10 was full of good intentions for me, but not all of them were correctly executed.
    03-30-16 09:15 AM
    Reload your OS bro. Those aren't common issues.
    03-30-16 10:54 AM
    Exactly, those are not common issues. Just reload the OS.
    About the battery, that phone was released like 2 years ago. You can use an Iphone 5 and the battery will not last long.
    I used a Z10 for 2 years, I still have it. I didn't have those problems. Now I have a Passport, I don't have those problems. The Z10 is a little bit slower now because of the Android apps but all it needs is to reload the OS.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 01:09 PM
    Reload your OS bro. Those aren't common issues.
    I refuse to... I didnt do anything! If it isnt working is BB fault
    03-30-16 06:19 PM
    I refuse to... I didnt do anything! If it isnt working is BB fault
    If you don't want to do it then pay someone else to do it like you would with any other machine.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 06:22 PM
    Guys, the current Android runtime on my Passport is remarkably good. These Android apps feel native. If BlackBerry had just updated to Marshmallow instead of releasing the Priv, we'd be set.

What do Cyanogenmod folk do? Do they get Google services? I suppose that's what ruins it, but I don't know why I should want Google services yet.
    03-30-16 06:54 PM
45 12