Very happy with BB10 and the Priv. Enjoying the best of both the world's. Cannot complain. The Passport and the Priv are awesome twosome.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    06-19-16 09:39 AM
    BlackBerry is definitely the best for me despite being left behind the style, speed and popularity its competitors. It's really unfortunate but that's what happens when the best fails to qualify early and maintain dominance. It's very hard to catch up after a stumble with the other powerful players in this high tech race. However, I intend to stick with the best, BlackBerry Classic, until it becomes obsolete.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 09:53 AM
    Happy

Q10
    06-19-16 11:48 AM
    What I really wish for is that people would stop assuming what I want/need from my phone is the same as what they want/need from their phone. As Bla1ze has said in print here several times, and said quite eloquently on the last Upstream podcast, there is disagreement among BlackBerry users as to what is wanted. The fact that I have read the official BlackBerry statements about the future of BB10, believe they are honestly what BlackBerry intends to do (in the absence of any evidence to the contrary), and am not just happy but confident to continue to use a BB10 phone, and get the functionality I need out of it, does not mean I am in denial.

You have decided the best phone for you is the Priv. Wonderful. Having looked at all the available options I have decided the best phone for me is the Leap. Stop trying to convince me that I'm delusional or in denial. It isn't just rude it is offensive. What possible importance could the attitude of any BB10-exclusive users have to you? We will either be sad when BB10 is finally gone, pleasantly surprised if BlackBerry manages to save it, or horribly crushed when our plucky hero fails to win through in the end depending on how we feel. But that is on us, we don't need to be protected from inevitable disappointment by "wiser and cooler heads".

For the record, I'm not one of those that Bla1ze is talking about who believes that "BlackBerry 10 is quietly waiting in the background to pounce on the world." I don't think it will happen, but I'm OK with that. I recognize that at some point in the future, maybe sooner, maybe later, BlackBerry will stop supporting and making BB10 devices entirely. I'm OK with that too. When that happens I will move to another type of phone, or sooner if at some point BB10 phones don't meet my needs.
    I fully agree. Good points.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 01:24 PM
    Count me in as another happy user of BlackBerry 10. I have a Q10 on my personal line and the Classic provided by my work. I couldn't ask for a better combination. They both do what I need them to do, so no complaints. When this changes I'll start looking for something different. To each his own.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 01:57 PM
    Without illusion, a very happy Blackberry 10 user. Classic for peek and flow, keep me moving. Passport for the sit back and relax.

This past week I've had to pleasure of trying out a Priv. While I did not fall in love with it. I must admit, it's not a bad device. My AT&T variant was running lollipop without issues. There were minor things that I couldn't get comfortable with. Button placement and angled corners were a few. BB10 hub and swipe to wake and peek & flow (cascades?) were sorely missed. The Priv's camera software seemed nice, as did Dtek. I liked the near stock android interface. Again, no BB10.

Will stay with Classic, Passport & BB10 until they are no more.

Posted via my awesome Blacberry 10 device.
    06-20-16 10:06 PM
    Please chime in if you are a HAPPY BB10 user, who is not bitter about Blackberry's foray into Android and who is looking forward to a minimum of another year (and probably > 2 years) of BlackBerry support for BB10 with the currently available handsets.

If you are unhappy with BB10 or BlackBerry (waves hand), this is not the thread you're looking for.

Happy:
    1. You enjoy using BB10, which meets all your essential needs for the foreseeable future, and you're not concerned about the lack of continued development of either the Android runtime or new features, or the waning interest of third party app developers.

2. You don't spend significant time worrying that you need to switch to another mobile OS in the next year or two.

3. You don't much care if BlackBerry releases a new BB10 phone because the current Passport/Classic/Leap offerings are sufficient for running BB10.

4. The launch of the Priv doesn't upset you. There's no reason BlackBerry shouldn't pursue the largest segment of mobile device users.

- - - - -
    I am posting this in response to the many, many BB10 vs Android vs iPhone comparisons that use relative market share to "prove" that one OS is better than another, with the implication that BB10 users should switch NOW because either BB10 is dead or BlackBerry as a company is dead.

There is nothing wrong with being in the minority, so long as we understand our actual needs and that they are being met without any wishful thinking that the future of BB10 involves anything more than maintenance support.

Posted via CB10
    Here here!

Posted via CB10 on my Classic
    The_Passporter likes this.
    06-21-16 01:17 PM
    Happy Passport user here with a Q10 in reserve. Love it!!!

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    06-21-16 08:52 PM
    Q10, Passport and Classic still in my possession but rocking the Classic atm. No way I'm switching to any other brand or OS. BB10 fits all my needs for a smartphone and I still feel exclusive with it.

CB10 - Classic
    06-21-16 09:03 PM
    I'm not just a happy user but an lover of BB10 device especially my Q10 which is more than a phone to me satisfying all my needs without any lag, hanging, slowness or whatsoever one would complain about a phone and which I have encountered in many droid phones.

It's just our bad luck as well as blackberry bad luck that the OS development seems halted and I have no complaints!!

Love you bb10 and Love BlackBerry phones!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 09:06 PM
    Very very pleased with BB10 ( my Passport ) BUT!

I absolutely love my Passport and am not sure whether I would get another Passport if it breaks or would go Android. One thing is certain, if I do go android I will not be choosing the Priv cause of all the build issues that came with the slider design. The two next phones BlackBerry will be offering are just mid tier phones and I don't want a mid tier phone.
    This leaves me with the decision of abandoning BlackBerry all together if this timing and decision Force my hand in the future, but from where I'm sitting right now I'd probably get another Passport lol.

My dream would be that BB10 would be supported on any level for many years with no end date stipulated. With one device being offered every year or two I would be happy to carry on using my beloved Passport or other. I used to be optimistic that things would change but have now come to terms with the odds. It is very frustrating when you've found the device and OS that fits best and do not want to do the apple or android thing again.

As far as apps go, one app amongst many that is a huge factor for me wanting to stay with BB10 is StereoTube. OMG! This app is my one stop shop for music. A lot of gimmicks come out that friends show me on their android or iphones that they literally use once to show off and never use it again. I show them my wide screen Passport with touch sensitive physical keyboard that I used everyday. They can have their gimmicks.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 08:15 AM
    Happy! That's me right there, all 1-4, since curve days.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-16 09:46 AM
    BlackBerry Z10/STL-001/Bb10.4.1.1143
    06-22-16 09:50 AM
    We few, we happy few (Blackberry 10 fans), we band of brothers-img_20160622_224700.jpg

BlackBerry Z10/STL-001/Bb10.4.1.1143
    06-22-16 09:52 AM
    I love my BB devices and I like using them but the app side of things is basically dead so I wanted to move to Android. After doing my research I started to see how much the Priv would cost me and I just can't afford it. I had to pick a non-BB device. Loving it so far.

Posted via Nexus 5x
    06-22-16 11:17 AM
    Z-10 for personal.
    PRIV for business.

Loving my Z-10!!
    06-22-16 11:26 AM
    If there are so many loyal 10 OS why is there little support for updates by carriers and BlackBerry. I too loved the OS and I also like apps that work. Nemory FB solution has not been great. I'm trying the Priv just to test the waters. I have only used BlackBerry. No judgement.

Appreciate the help
    07-06-16 11:58 PM
    I am happy with my BlackBerry. No -ve energy

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 12:56 AM
    Just got me a classic. My first physical keyboard BlackBerry. Always had touch screen BlackBerry phones. Feels awkward but runs smooth. Plus the build quality. My god! It's beautiful. Can't believe they stopped making them.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-16 01:11 PM
    Bb10 and my passport are the most complete things that ever happened to me recently tried ios and android fearing what after BlackBerry is gone that made me fall in love with my passport once again and all the more....there's no comparison or competition bb10 is 20 years ahead as a platform sad people couldn't realize it but I am not only glad but proud to have experienced it....God please forgive them for they know not what they did....bb10 will go down in history as bb10 the undisputed os nothing compares

Red passport
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-08-16 01:25 PM
    Chen wants out of bbos. He wants to ride on others hard work (Android developers) with small simple additions of his own. Easy money. I have a relation that is high up in BB and even she says there's a culture of abandonment there. Many people wanted to expand bb10 to be 100% compatable but Chen and the top elite want easy money and big bonuses
    04-19-17 03:14 PM
    Just got me a classic. My first physical keyboard BlackBerry. Always had touch screen BlackBerry phones. Feels awkward but runs smooth. Plus the build quality. My god! It's beautiful. Can't believe they stopped making them.

Posted via CB10
    Well, if it's not making you money, then you stop making it.

People don't seem to understand that at the end of the day, BB is a CORPORATION, not a CHARITY.

I owned a Classic and quite enjoyed it: if I could have gotten Google Hangouts working reliably then I would still be on it.
    Now I'm on a PRIV. Enjoying it.
    04-19-17 03:43 PM
    I have a relation that is high up in BB and even she says there's a culture of abandonment there. Many people wanted to expand bb10 to be 100% compatable but Chen and the top elite want easy money and big bonuses
    As opposed to hemorrhaging money and going out of business.
    app_Developer likes this.
    04-19-17 04:39 PM
    Chen wants out of bbos. He wants to ride on others hard work (Android developers) with small simple additions of his own. Easy money. I have a relation that is high up in BB and even she says there's a culture of abandonment there. Many people wanted to expand bb10 to be 100% compatable but Chen and the top elite want easy money and big bonuses
    Oh sure...they should just just keep pumping it out and lose it all just to make you and a few happy. I'll tune back in when you get to the part where they go out of business with your plan. I would make that around chapter 11
    04-19-17 06:13 PM
    It's funny how a lot of former BB10 users are following Chen and hoping on the backs of other people's hard work, turning their backs on the BB10 environment praising Android this and that. Lemme guess, if BlackBerry Mobile started to pump out "BlackBerry iOS" folks would be all over it talking how great iOS and all that jazz is. It's gonna be a laughable year with BB. BB10 forever even with the cobwebs covering. I'm staying put on this sunken ship hanging with the sea creatures.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-17 07:26 PM
129 ... 3456