I'm very bitter about buying blackberry products only to have them abandoned within a year or two. What other company keeps doing this?

Posted via CB10
    Though you're not paying the same, Google, Facebook, etc.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 03:17 PM
    I'm a bit late to this part of the thread because I was writing system code all day, so I will keep it short.

No one on any thread should engage in ad hominem attacks. Not against conite because of his standing in the community, nor against groups no matter how irrational you believe their position to be. Make counter arguments or supporting arguments in relation to what they say.

No one here really has a right to say anything, except maybe for Bla1ze and other Mobile Nations employees. We have the privilege to do so because this site exists. We should all remember that.

Keep your stick on the ice.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    JeepBB and PonyCrazyKid like this.
    01-20-16 04:14 PM
    I'm very bitter about buying blackberry products only to have them abandoned within a year or two. What other company keeps doing this?

Posted via CB10
    You shouldn't be bitter - it's just business. <shrugs>

Companies make products that they hope will sell and make them rich. Products that don't gain sufficient traction to make them good money, or worse actually lose them money, are canned.

It's probably happening every day, in every part of industry, and BB doing it serially says more about their misreading of what the market is looking for than it does in demonstrating their evil intent.

Yes, it's a shame if you happen to be a fan of one of those soon-to-be-canned products, but it's nothing to become bitter and twisted about. Life is too short for that.
    01-21-16 07:35 AM
    My primary device is a BlackBerry - a BlackBerry Priv. I still currently own and use many BB10 devices. I have a pretty good handle on how they both operate. I have every right to discuss, and I happen to fully support, what the company BlackBerry is doing about transitioning. Crackberry is a BlackBerry site, not a BB10 site.

You seem to be expressing your opinions on BB10 without fear of "bias".
    Hey, bare with us.
    The fact is that a "BlackBerry device" up until a few months ago meant a device made by BlackBerry and OS controlled by BlackBerry.

These are confusing times for some of us (or maybe just me lol)
    I wouldn't go Android just because BlackBerry went Android.

You'd have to admit that one company in full control of the hardware and the OS is something that some of us (admittedly relatively few) do appreciate and prefer.
    Some prefer it as just a matter of principle, while others as a matter of perceived optimizations that can come along with that.

Just would suck arse to know that Apple would be the only such choice when my Passport dies in a few years (still use a legacy device occasionally, so I know the Passport will have a nice long while of being "alive" for my use).

I wouldn't consider Android or iOS as a choice personally (although to be fair, most of my exposure to them has been on tablets, not phones). The idea of an OS outside of the two popular ones intrigues me.

Just realized that this is an off-topic rant lol

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 01-25-16 at 10:22 AM.
    nabollocks likes this.
    01-21-16 08:38 AM
    Although I'm happy with my Priv now, I wish all BB10-exclusive users had your attitude OP - because the denial in some of the others is not a healthy thing.
    Indeed! Loved my BlackBerry 10 devices and after being on the Priv for a few months now I still think bb10 is the best OS ever made, but what it lacks ( which is out of BlackBerry 's hands) is everything that I love about the Priv.
    01-21-16 08:57 AM
    Hey, bare with us.
    The fact is that a "BlackBerry device" up until a few months ago meant a device made by BlackBerry and OS controlled by BlackBerry.

These are confusing times for some of us (or maybe just me lol)
    I wouldn't go Android just because BlackBerry went Android.

You'd have to admit that one company in full control of the hardware and the OS is something that some of us (admittedly relatively few) do appreciate and prefer.
    Some prefer it as just a matter of principle, while others and as matter of perceived optimizations that can come along with that.

Just would suck arse to know that Apple would be the only such choice when my Passport dies in a few years (still use a legacy device occasionally, so I know the Passport will have a nice long while of being "alive" for my use).

I wouldn't consider Android or iOS as a choice personally (although to be fair, most of my exposure to them has been on tablets, not phones). The idea of an OS outside of the two popular ones intrigues me.

Just realized that this is an off-topic rant lol

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 

I hear you. It's nice to control the whole operation top to bottom. I get that. Obviously it doesn't seem to be a business model that works for anyone other than Apple, as you say.

But using the Priv, it's pretty clear it IS a BlackBerry. Much like using a Samsung, LG, or Sony are undeniably unique to the respective companies - in both hardware and software tweaks. That's my impression anyway after 10 years with BlackBerry as my primary device.
    01-21-16 09:31 AM
    Count me in. Happy with BlackBerry, BlackBerry 10, my BlackBerry Passport, BlackBerry Blend and BBM.

BlackBerry is not 'abandoning' their OS.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    jope28 and nabollocks like this.
    01-21-16 09:55 AM
    Awesome!

Have you tried Cobalt's Google Play Services / patching workaround for your banking app? I was able to get the RBC Android app to work (which has mobile deposits).

You can take a look here:

Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Thanks for the link!

I just realized today I can load my banking app on my iPad2, and since I have the iPad with me most of the time since I use it Blended to my Berry, I actually do have my banking app running natively on iOS and that make me feel a bit more secure than forcing a side-load, although I realize I'm being overly concerned.

The only thing I wish worked a bit better is Blend. It works fine, don't get me wrong and in some ways better than my 9900's Bridge to the Playbook, but it seems to frequently get into a pattern of "Limited Connectivity" where it has to re-connect. But I can live with that. Honestly, I'm so satisfied with BB10 at this point, my only wish would be that BBerry come out with new 10 phones in a year or two, and that they continue development of BlackBerry Blend. Hey, it's only a wish. If it never happens, I'm still delighted with my phone and it's capabilities.
    01-22-16 06:13 PM
    Another happy BlackBerry 10 user over here. I have a Z30 currently, and I like BB10 so much that I will acquire one last device for sure, the Passport SE.

The OS speaks to me, this is how much I like it. This is probably not going to change in the next 12 month or so. Regarding Android apps, as long as DS Audio for my Synology and the Sonos Controller app keep running, I am all set.

Posted via CB10
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    01-22-16 10:53 PM
    Awesome!

Have you tried Cobalt's Google Play Services / patching workaround for your banking app? I was able to get the RBC Android app to work (which has mobile deposits).

You can take a look here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=965257
    I just want to say that I spent a day with Cobalt's workaround for Google Play Services on an old Z10 and was very impressed. I don't run Android apps from any source on my daily driver, and would never run it in Dev mode either, but if apps from Google Play mattered to me, I wouldn't hesitate to use Cobalt's stuff. It's superb work!

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    01-23-16 04:14 PM
    I just want to say that I spent a day with Cobalt's workaround for Google Play Services on an old Z10 and was very impressed. I don't run Android apps from any source on my daily driver, and would never run it in Dev mode either, but if apps from Google Play mattered to me, I wouldn't hesitate to use Cobalt's stuff. It's superb work!

Posted via CB10
    Yes no doubt, Cobalt's stuff is a great way to make Google app's available, had a try with my old Z10 too some time ago, but because like you, not running any Android app's in the 1st place, I deleted all of the Cobalt's solution again,Snap works just as good with less footprint "if" I would need to get an single Android app, but until now I found every thing needed in BBW.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    01-24-16 02:36 AM
    I've been thoroughly enjoying BB10 and look forward to see what BlackBerry comes up with next.

I plan on using my Passport for a long time, but I'm digging the Priv and "Vienna".

If/When I have to switch OS, I'll definitely be sticking with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 via Passport.
    01-24-16 02:45 AM
    Another happy BlackBerry 10 user over here. I have a Z30 currently, and I like BB10 so much that I will acquire one last device for sure, the Passport SE.

The OS speaks to me, this is how much I like it. This is probably not going to change in the next 12 month or so. Regarding Android apps, as long as DS Audio for my Synology and the Sonos Controller app keep running, I am all set.

Posted via CB10
    So far, the most on-target post of the year for my feelings as well. I could not have said it better. BB10 "speaks to me" in a way. I have not felt this kind of a bond with a smartphone since I first picked up a Bold... 8 years ago? I have absolutely no plans to jump ship for at least 24 months, let alone 12. Heck, I'm still using a Bold 9900 on my Business Line for crying out loud. What's not broken, I do not try to fix. But BB10 is superlative. It's an amazing OS that is so intuitive to me, it's ridiculous.

And when I do, I'll probably get a Passport. By then, it will be on the secondary markets at greatly reduced prices.
    01-24-16 07:59 PM
    I am happy too!

...having a Q10, Passport and a Classic is cool...perhaps a bit crazy, but hey don't have kids though...

Still have a vision of BlackBerry combining or doing a melt together of these three devices, of course with BB10 as operating system...

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 03:37 PM
    Not happy! Had to be said. Carriers aren't stocking many

Appreciate the help
    06-18-16 06:25 PM
    I say we all gather together and March to Waterloo and demand new BB10 devices. BlackBerry 10 is where it's at.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-16 09:05 PM
    I expect more than a year or 2. I have a Z30 and just ordered a Passport. That's the way I show support for BlackBerry. I have been using BlackBerry since 2009. I had for a year and a half, during this period, an iPhone. Both BlackBerry OS and devices are superior. Not just better, but intuitively and security. Of course it's hard sometimes to not have an app for this or that. I can't use my bank app on my BlackBerry. �ber sometimes work, sometimes not. I need to use a lot Whatsapp, because my private students basically prefer it. 3 or 4 years ago, I had dozens of friends from my contact list using BBM. Nowadays, believe or not, I have zero BBM 's user in my +500 contact folder... but, I still prefer BlackBerry . For email, for manage schedule, for appointments, for Evernote, for my to-do list, I 110% prefer my BlackBerry. OS 10.3.2 is the best mobile OS that I ever used.
    I guess that we, users, need to be a little more positive about the company. I have a feeling that the darkest days are gone. I will support BlackBerry until they make it updates and care about be in business. Chen is not the right CEO, in my opinion, but I am a professional musician, not an executive. So my point of view maybe not useful as Chen's abilities. We do have to criticized but I believe we do have, as well, to support it. I love all my BlackBerry devices, and really love the OS, the Hub, and, mostly, the fact that there is someone out there offering an alternative that is not coming from Google or Cupertino. It is not easy to do that. Even Redmond is sucking a big, huge time trying to make and sell mobiles. I respect BlackBerry, and I believe in their instinct to survive. Not leaving, no way.

Z30, BBOS 10.3.2
    06-18-16 11:39 PM
    I love my BlackBerry 10 tired Priv and HTC and sold them all went straight back to z30 had a passport which I'm hoping to get another one my z30 sim port stuffed up so on a z10 now but couldn't be happier love it

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 01:50 AM
    I say we all gather together and March to Waterloo and demand new BB10 devices. BlackBerry 10 is where it's at.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, the nostalgia.

I recall similar calls for marches involving pitchforks and flaming torches for the PlayBook. Nobody came...
    06-19-16 05:17 AM
    Not quite happy, must admit.
    Yet a BlackBerry 10 OS fan still...

Z30, STA100-2 /10.3.2.2836
    06-19-16 06:08 AM
    Haters gonna hate but I'm an Happy BlackBerry 10 user! My Classic is truly the best device I ever owned. The build, the smooth OS 10, productivity, the shortcuts and everything else: I'm a fan! I grabbed a ton of apps (104), which are running‎ without problem. I don't feel any "app gap" because I can't run this or that trendy stuff, and really, I enjoy my Classic for what it is: a tool. And it's a very powerful one.
    Also, besides the device, there's the BlackBerry community: everytime I had questions or problems, started threads, forums like Crackberry, sites, users and developers were truly kind and quick to answer all of my requests, which, to me, is priceless.

Posted via CB10 with my  Classic.
    06-19-16 07:06 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is number 1. Have tried android and there' s no comparison. Despite everything that's been happening. Plus Crackberry forums. It almost feels like you are part of a worldwide family. You can't beat that.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 07:21 AM
    I love blackberry - new to it - the moment I heard about the passport I coveted one but live in rural area, foothills of the Blue Ridge where 4s with sprint tower 1/4 mile away sucked for call quality. Took me a year or so - first tried a 9900 to be certain the signal was strong enough for calls - need phone first and after that, everything else is more icing.
    Got my passport with BB10 in April - love it! Still learning stuff!
    Here's the point: I'm a Mac user and I love 10.6.8 Snow Leopard - solid Unix platform (whatever that means) BUT it works! I'm a writer and photographer. Don't care about bells and whistles. When I replaced my white MacBook with silver unibody MacBook pro, it came with latest OS and I hated mavericks - the window froze - just locked up first time I used it! WHAT?
    I sent it back and got same model for less $ with 10.6.8 - which is no longer supported and I DON'T CARE!!!!! It works for me. I keep the install disk handy when something glitches but it's easy to "fix" and I'm happy...

If I want to play, I go outside. I hang with friends. I'm a horse person and you could say my work is also my play.

I love my Passport SE - I will ride this magnificent workhorse until it flat lines. I will stick with BlackBerry and OS10 and whatever else they produce as long as the devices offer great build and antenna strength.

Long story short: best daggone phone on the market!!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 08:00 AM
    Very happy with the Z10 and now the Classic. The Classic is a joy to use.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 09:13 AM
    Hey, how about a little sympathy for the walking wounded? It hurts to be "Playbooked" twice by the same company in just a few short years. While true that I am a huge fan of BB10 and hope to be able to use my Passport and Z30 for a bit longer, having had a PlayBook, I know what kind of pain is coming my way. So, count me happy...and as apprehensive as a four year old in the dental chair waiting for the dentist.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-19-16 09:17 AM
129 ... 23456