29th December 2017 when one more app will cease on bb10... goodbye whatsapp see you in a different world.
    And mind you we dint quit BB10 we were forced.

Still not decided yet ;( using passport and next phone or os is driving me "now what"
    May be a note 9 till then some 100-200$ phone with android capabilities as back up and passport as daily driver. Wanted to go keyone but as after sales services in India are poor almost non existant and so many complains on the phone...but might buy keyone maybe as thats the closest and will buy with one thing in mind that I am risking it big time as it might give up on me due to some stupid drop or etc and getting it fixed will be a night mare tougher than buying a samsung note9 at launch...although ios is one of the best devices to keep for its after sales services, optimization and UI yet ios still couldn't lure me although I am surrounded by the forbidden fruit with a bite even when BlackBerry 10 is gone...thats how bb10 had been...rip BB10.
    As of now android..ios may be in next 2-3years when the bb10 habits die and ios will carry much to offer or may be something new hits the market its foggy out there.
    Happy 2018 to all CB members world wide...december 31st is clicking like a timer and you know what I mean......

Drafted on red passport...built like a tank stings like a bee

Read
    Rehab for bb10 my STORY..a long journey with so much to cherish
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1095938

Red passport
    FF22 and Qorax like this.
    12-28-17 11:13 PM
    Why not use the Android app?

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    Zeeshan Ali7 likes this.
    12-29-17 12:08 AM
    Why not use the Android app?

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    Dear Invictus thanks for the information...can you please elaborate its limitations and capabilities and is it a permanent fix or some limitations exist. Have you installed it? On what bb10 phone and is it a plain install or some side load business?

Red passport
    12-29-17 03:51 AM
    Whatsapp android works totally fine in BlackBerry 10 smartphones. Other platforms?? See you in 2019...may be....

Posted via CB10
    Zeeshan Ali7 likes this.
    12-29-17 04:42 AM
    Whatsapp android works totally fine in BlackBerry 10 smartphones. Other platforms?? See you in 2019...may be....

Posted via CB10
    Thank you but you are almost a year ahead

Red passport
    12-29-17 05:39 AM
    Hi...
    I'm new here, but i have a few questions about the bb passport/app's.
    I have orderd a bb passport, and now i heard abbout app's wont supported anymore.
    The passport is still available new here.
    I'm using whatsapp and skype, will i be able to use it in 2018 ?
    Is there an alternative for these programs, or am i better off to send it back?
    i know i had to get info before i did buy this phone, bud i didnt espect this !! It's a new phone !
    12-29-17 06:14 AM
    Hi...
    I have orderd a bb passport, and now i heard abbout app's wont supported anymore.
    i know i had to get info before i did buy this phone, bud i didnt espect this !! It's a new phone !
    AEilander...if you know what you are buying then its ok but if you dont know then better send it back. Even if you some how find an alternate to whatsapp and skype over all the phone is on its own. No updates or support. I think I will just use calling and email on this phone rest everything is slowing down or not supported.

Red passport
    12-29-17 07:14 AM
    Hi...
    If you are dependent on WA and Skype, I would return the Passport. You may be able to use those apps with a workaround but there is no guarantee that they will work well or for any length of time.
    12-29-17 08:29 AM
    AEilander...if you know what you are buying then its ok but if you dont know then better send it back. Even if you some how find an alternate to whatsapp and skype over all the phone is on its own. No updates or support. I think I will just use calling and email on this phone rest everything is slowing down or not supported.

Red passport
    There is a post on another thread by a developer who works for WhatsApp.

The Android versions of WA that are available to load on BB10 ARE NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED AND COULD STOP WORKING AT ANY TIME.

The BB10 native app will only work for a couple of weeks into 2018, allowing people time to migrate, then the WA SERVERS will STOP ACCEPTING CONNECTIONS.

If you MUST have WA, then there is NO POINT IN BUYING A BB10 phone any more!
    12-29-17 08:30 AM
    Thx for the reactions on mij questions.
    I do have things to think about...
    A realy nice looking phone, but i want to use it for more than only calls and e-mail.
    I think i wont open the box when it arrived, and sent it back.
    Again thank for the reply !!
    12-29-17 08:42 AM
    There are other options for whatsapp on bb10 (android version, nemory version...and...we will see during the year to come..till that moment i'll rest with my daily driver bb10 for sure. It cannot be changed for a googledroid (that I own ad use everyday)...come on...

Posted via CB10
    Zeeshan Ali7 likes this.
    12-29-17 08:48 AM
    There are other options for whatsapp on bb10 (android version, nemory version...and...we will see during the year to come..till that moment i'll rest with my daily driver bb10 for sure. It cannot be changed for a googledroid (that I own ad use everyday)...come on...

Posted via CB10
    You are not getting the point.

A developer who works for WhatsApp has stated that the android versions are NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED and could STOP WORKING AT ANY POINT. Nemory's version is very likely to stop working also.

If you wait then you may not be able to connect AT ALL, meaning that you may not be able to migrate. It is FOOLISH to RISK not being able to move your contacts, etc!
    12-29-17 09:01 AM
    A developer who works for WhatsApp has stated that the android versions are NOT OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED and could STOP WORKING AT ANY POINT.
    That goes for any unsupported app, it doesn't mean it won't work for the next two years but if it does then they aren't interested.

Posted via CB10
    Zeeshan Ali7 likes this.
    12-29-17 09:07 AM
    Also my life could stop working at any time...not for that I stop living the life....

Posted via CB10
    Zeeshan Ali7 and elfabio80 like this.
    12-29-17 09:21 AM
    Dear Invictus thanks for the information...can you please elaborate its limitations and capabilities and is it a permanent fix or some limitations exist. Have you installed it? On what bb10 phone and is it a plain install or some side load business?

Red passport
    Just run this app once and WhatsApp Android will work fine (it fixes the media sending issue), some features may be limited on BB10 (Status updates, sending videos bigger than 16 MB) but it's an improvement over the native version IMO as you have access to more features.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...tent/60005088/

Because the runtime isn't 1:1 Android and WhatsApp isn't testing their Android app on BB10 it's possible a future update could break compatibility but at the very least you can use your device for a bit longer.

Hi...
    The solution above is good for people that already own BB10 devices and want to extend their time with them but I definitely wouldn't buy a new BB10 phone if I need WhatsApp or other apps.

If you wait then you may not be able to connect AT ALL, meaning that you may not be able to migrate. It is FOOLISH to RISK not being able to move your contacts, etc!
    WhatsApp pulls contacts from your regular phone contacts so that's more of a BB10/OS thing. The only risk is you could lose access to your old messages if you get locked out of the app.
    Zeeshan Ali7 likes this.
    12-29-17 10:01 AM
    Thx for the reactions on mij questions.
    I do have things to think about...
    A realy nice looking phone, but i want to use it for more than only calls and e-mail.
    I think i wont open the box when it arrived, and sent it back.
    Again thank for the reply !!
    Thats what I would have done...good decision

Red passport
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-29-17 10:03 AM
    Here, read the post and decide for yourselves what the chances of having any WhatsApp is in 2018:

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13102617
    12-29-17 10:06 AM
    I have orderd a bb passport, and now i heard about app's won't supported anymore.

I'm curious where "here" is that they're selling new Passports.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3057
    12-29-17 11:02 AM
    Also my life could stop working at any time...not for that I stop living the life....
    Let’s say you’re diagnosed with celiac disease, and you’re told that if you continue to eat foods containing gluten, you will die within two years. However, if you change your diet and stop eating gluten immediately, you will live a long, healthy life. Do you change your behavior, or do you just say, “Well, I’m going to die anyway, nothing I can do about it.”?
    ppeters914 likes this.
    12-29-17 11:12 AM
    Hahaha so BlackBerry 10 is like a poison...so drastic? We are talking about an operating sistem...that in my opinion (and not only mine...) it had to be dead a year ago, while still functioning perfectly, not to say better than android or ios....some apps doesn't work on bb10 and works on ios or android? Well nothing so drastic...till 2019 I'll continue to enjoy in my privacy data and the fluidity of this os...despite to most of the googledroids or Ios slowed down voluntarily by apple to make you switch to the new products...

Posted via CB10
    12-29-17 12:29 PM
    It has been never supported anyway. Chances of malfunctioning wil not increase after December 31st.

As the APK even doesn't need to be Cobalt patched to run and Android 4.3 support will not be dropped the upcoming years quite sure till end of hardware life it will work on my Classic.

glwerry, you know the concept of disclaimer just to cover the a.. I hope? No reason to scare people.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-17 02:36 PM
    It has been never supported anyway. Chances of malfunctioning wil not increase after December 31st.

As the APK even doesn't need to be Cobalt patched to run and Android 4.3 support will not be dropped the upcoming years quite sure till end of hardware life it will work on my Classic.

glwerry, you know the concept of disclaimer just to cover the a.. I hope? No reason to scare people.

Posted via CB10
    Not trying to cover my ***.
    Trying to point out to people that there is a good chance that they will be orphaned / locked out, since the servers will STOP accepting connections from the native app and possibly the Android versions also.

If it's considered "scaring" to point out the worst possibility, then so be it.
    12-29-17 03:42 PM
    Let’s say you’re diagnosed with celiac disease, and you’re told that if you continue to eat foods containing gluten, you will die within two years. However, if you change your diet and stop eating gluten immediately, you will live a long, healthy life. Do you change your behavior, or do you just say, “Well, I’m going to die anyway, nothing I can do about it.”?
    Not the best analogy, but going with it, it seems that you telling people on BB10 to switch to a different messaging app. I agree. However, if you are saying buy a new phone because of one silly app that has numerous equivalents that will work, I wouldn't do that.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    12-29-17 06:55 PM
    CrackBerry wouldn't get 50% of it's traffic if WhatsApp allowed the Native BB10 app to work... even in a crippled manner.

To answer OP... Use Android WhatsApp on your BB10 until that too stops working & you'd realise the time you wasted in having a crippled Android WhatsApp.

Thereafter buy Android or stop using WhatsApp
    12-30-17 01:36 AM