So I know there is a lot of doom and gloom surrounding BB10 right now because of android. However I have been totally excited about my BB classic and it's the first BB10 device I have owned. I have been showing it off at work. Most of the reaction has been extremely positive and excitement. So people didn't know BB made smart phones they thought they were making some sort of feature phones still.

At least one person I let use the device was set on buying one in a couple of weeks when they are due for an upgrade. Maybe other users are as vocal and proud as I am. But I think we need to be showing people are phones and letting them try them so that people know what is out there. It's not an android and ios ecosystem BB10 is a serious contender and outdoes ios and android in many ways.
    Vistaus and macallik like this.
    11-23-15 08:55 PM
    Pretty sure BB10 users have been doing that since release to no avail.
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    11-23-15 09:02 PM
    Why do all that when blackberry themselves never cared marketing bb10?
    11-23-15 09:59 PM
    This is why: Why the NSA Doesn't Want You to Have a BlackBerry
    I believe so.
    pomidor likes this.
    11-24-15 03:31 AM
    "In a world where every detail of your life is scooped up and sliced and diced until each one of us is living our own little Truman Show, privacy is the enemy. Apple and Google harvest your data and share it with the NSA. BlackBerry not only doesn’t harvest your data, it can’t. The technology prohibits it."

"Whatever happens with BlackBerry the company, I am sure happy with my Z, and I’m proud to own the finest piece of mobile technology to date, despite what the lemmings think as they march ignorantly into the Fourth Amendment shredder."

Finally an article about the very thing I've concluded about two years ago. Very interesting read.

This is the very reason why I use a BB 10 phone. The fact that the OS is also awesome is a bonus. Being inconvenienced by needing to patch the few APK's that I need on my phone is a very small price to pay for not having NSA's microscope up my tail pipe.

Apple and Google sold out our rights, and yet so many people buy their products. A sad civilization I live in.
    Last edited by pomidor; 11-24-15 at 04:21 AM. Reason: :Reason
    11-24-15 04:19 AM
    Here's a great marketing strategy... Every BB10 handset sold comes with a free tinfoil hat!

I kid.

*C5303
    11-24-15 04:53 AM
    I understand what you mean. But if the majority dont want privacy there is nothing we can do, and i also believe that its john chen and his "crew's" job to sell bb10 rather than us existing customers promoting it.
    11-24-15 08:59 AM
    But I think we need to be showing people are phones and letting them try them so that people know what is out there. It's not an android and ios ecosystem BB10 is a serious contender and outdoes ios and android in many ways.
    And then send my friends to Verizon to ask for a Z30 and have the rep ask "what's a z30...Oh BlackBerry naaaa come over here for your Android. You don't want a BlackBerry ".

It happened a few times to my friends. They basically had to force Verizon to get them one or they believed the rep and went with Apple or Android.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 09:03 AM
    I don't ever recommend technology to friends and family unless they ask my opinion. If you do that, you're signing yourself up to provide ongoing support, in my experience!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 09:55 AM
    I understand what you mean. But if the majority dont want privacy there is nothing we can do, and i also believe that its john chen and his "crew's" job to sell bb10 rather than us existing customers promoting it.
    You're correct about BB's job to sell bb10 rather than us existing customers promoting it, I don't do that anymore ever since priv and vienna. ****in ****, no. I'll just use their BB10/BBOS devices and that's it. If other people want to know (colleagues, friends etc), they could have a look and ask, otherwise I could care less. I won't even bother explaining unless they're genuinely interested and want one for themselves.
    11-24-15 11:00 AM
    I don't ever recommend technology to friends and family unless they ask my opinion. If you do that, you're signing yourself up to provide ongoing support, in my experience!

Posted via CB10
    But I'm a BlackBerry soldier and I have friends with iPhones. LoL

Back little over a year ago my Z30 made the iPhone look like a baby toy. They were willing to try BlackBerry after using mine but couldn't see one.

I think there is more to the BlackBerry Verizon story than most of us know about. Everyone talks smack on Verizon but I think BlackBerry holds lots of blame. Probably most if I learn more about it haha

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 11:04 AM
    But I'm a BlackBerry soldier and I have friends with iPhones. LoL

Back little over a year ago my Z30 made the iPhone look like a baby toy. They were willing to try BlackBerry after using mine but couldn't see one.

I think there is more to the BlackBerry Verizon story than most of us know about. Everyone talks smack on Verizon but I think BlackBerry holds lots of blame. Probably most if I learn more about it haha

Posted via CB10
    I don't think Verizon will reject any device from any mf as long as the phones sell. Maybe they'll reject it from physical stores in some cases, but they can sell anything they want, not matter how poor sales are, through the internet. It doesn't really cost them much money and even if they'll sell just 5 phones a month (of one device), that still means they'll have 5 (new) customers on board with contracts.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 01:12 AM