The download of films from Blackberry world is
    a) very slow, and while downloading your phone will become very unresponsive, my phone has been trying to download a film for 3 hours and I have very fast broadband wi-fi
    b) Once downloaded there is no way to forward/rewind the video, you have to watch it all in one go, if it crashes like mine did, you have to start again from the beginning !!!!

Until this is fixed I think watching films using BB10 is not a sensible option
    05-11-13 05:06 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

I've never bought a film from BlackBerry World, but let's see what others have to say...
    05-11-13 05:09 PM
    Are you able to download via cpu then transfer to your memory card?

You know my steez using Samsung Galaxy S4
    05-11-13 05:09 PM
    The download finally completed but there is no way to fast forward the film, it starts at the beginning you have options to pause and play. No way to move either forward or back. I watched to halfway with HDMI on the TV until it froze, went out of the media player and back in and it starts from the beginning with no way to get back to where we watched to.

First issue to really make me wonder if I made a mistake buying the Z10, omitting controls on the default video player ? Like they just chucked this one out there without bothering if it worked or not. No way to get a refund in BBRY world, I downloaded an aftermarket media player for �5 to see if that would play it but it doesn't even see the file so I've thrown more good money after bad, once again no way to get a refund in BBRY world.

I think it should be possible to get refunds on apps that turn out to be poor if you try and find out its not good, even 15 minutes is enough to know in most cases but I digress ...
    05-11-13 05:51 PM
    I bought one movie. It was very slow downloading and my phone was pretty much locked during the download.
    After the download was completed the movie played fine and no issues navigating through the movie.
    But I will not download any more.

Posted via CB10
    tufcustomer likes this.
    05-11-13 07:07 PM
    My movie purchase in BlackBerry World downloaded pretty fast and I've found it easy to use the slide bar to fast forward and rewind. I also turned off network data while using wifi as it seems to make it faster...

Posted via CB10
    loth, canuckvoip and mediadavid like this.
    05-11-13 07:54 PM
    The previews seem to play/stream quickly.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 08:11 PM
    I downloaded an HD movie a week ago or so; the download took about 20-30 minutes; the file was about 2 GB. The phone was quite operable during the download. I just wish I could have played it over DLNA as opposed to HDMI cable.
    SDTRMG and canuckvoip like this.
    05-11-13 10:39 PM
    Downloaded 3 movies so far. All happened very quickly. Once downloaded you can use the stock video player and pause/rewind/ff all work great.
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-12-13 12:22 AM
    I have bought movies and it wasn't any worse then on my ipad on nex tab.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 12:29 AM
    a) very slow, and while downloading your phone will become very unresponsive, my phone has been trying to download a film for 3 hours and I have very fast broadband wi-fi
    b) Once downloaded there is no way to forward/rewind the video, you have to watch it all in one go, if it crashes like mine did, you have to start again from the beginning !!!!

How many of your film purchases exhibited this? Were you using WiFi or LTE at the time? Were the films new releases (i.e. In demand titles)? What country are you in?

We need more details to understand why your experience doesn't match other people's.

Posted via CB10 v1.4.2 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    ezapper2 likes this.
    05-12-13 12:57 AM
    What about the quality of the movies? I'm guessing they went with basic 720P / AC3?
    05-12-13 05:40 AM
    I just posted on this topic with similar complaints

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post8461786

It does seem to be an issue for many people. I doubt it is operator dependent, but I am with Fido in QC. The fast forward/advance functions are only problematic in bb world rentals, I think it likely has something to do with the way it handles the digital rights.
    05-12-13 08:32 AM
    Glad to here timeline navigation is possible for some users, it may be the OS version or something, hopeful this will be fixed when I get 10.1.
    The film downloaded was Life of Pi, picture quality and sound were very good when played via HDMI. I tried and tried to navigate forwards or back but the slide bar just wouldn't work on my device, I'm wary of downloading any more but I might try once I have 10.1.
    I am using OS version 10.0.10.90 , anybody else who got the slider to work using this version ?
    Joel
    05-13-13 05:04 AM
    I have bought 6 movies so far from BlackBerry World, all the downloads were fast, and I'm able to fast forward and rewind and pause using the slider. I'm on Vodafone UK. Haven't rented any yet, so don't know if your issues are from rented movies?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 05:25 AM
    Downloaded to shows arrow and the Bible, downloaded very quickly, over lte and over wifi, had no problems navigating through the movie, the phone is always operational!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 01:34 PM
    Bought the Hobbit a couple of weeks ago. Took about 40 mins to download. Used my Nexus 7 whilst doing that so not sure if it was unresponsive at the time. Played OK afterwards with full control over forwarding or backwarding through the movie. Looked great via HDMI on my TV. Not rented a movie so can't comment on that aspect of it. No problems with buying another via BB world.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    05-13-13 01:52 PM
    Thanks for the warning but I've downloaded many with no issues.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 02:19 PM

I'm very sorry but I downloaded 5 moves already watched on my 50'tv screen, forward, rewind, stopped without any issues ohhh and Btw to download movie took me about 4 minutes.

Go Sens Go!!!!!!
    cheadlender likes this.
    05-13-13 02:23 PM
    Hi
    Just to expand, the issue was with a rented film not bought, has anybody else tried this ?
    05-20-13 07:24 AM
    Rented Prometheus last night from BlackBerry World. Got it loading on my Z10 for about 10 mins before I hooked it up to my TV via HDMI to watch. Worked great. Only had three slight pauses all the way through the film. Pause each time was barely a second long so no problem with renting from my end.

Also, just going to watch it again and I can go forward and backward through the film OK, pause it, then close it and when I reopen it you can play it again straight away from where you left off.

Hi
    Just to expand, the issue was with a rented film not bought, has anybody else tried this ?
    05-20-13 07:45 AM
    Joel my experience was the same as yours.
    05-20-13 11:36 AM
    I would suspect it would be the specific movie you watched, on my blu-ray player some movies block going to the menu while watching and most don't, maybe a software update will might make a difference but has any one else rented life of PI and had the same issues?
    05-23-13 02:15 PM
    I have rented and downloaded from BlackBerry World and had a great experience until today. The last two movies I downloaded. World war z and the way way back displayed lack of controls. They start at the beginning and both had an error part way through. I had to start at the beginning again. Error a second time. Re downloaded and same issue. I think it's related to title. The downloads are always fast and I have done so over Wi Fi. Any solutions out there?
    12-04-13 11:15 PM
    Are you able to start the movie at a point after where the error happens?

If so, it's likely a corrupted download.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 10:24 PM
59 123