I received a rather hilarious response from flipboard (I don't think they know what BlackBerry 10 is ..) ...

Attachment 127595
    LOL, apparently they don't even know what a BlackBerry is....
    12-07-12 09:44 PM
    I received a rather hilarious response from flipboard (I don't think they know what BlackBerry 10 is ..) ...

Attachment 127595
    I got a more "knowledgeable" response. . .
    We do plan to continue adding more platforms like Blackberry 10 over time. Stay tuned for future announcements.

Thank you,
    DC
    I guess you got the new guy? LOL
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-08-12 12:17 AM
    I got a more "knowledgeable" response. . .

I guess you got the new guy? LOL
    Definitely got the new guy .. but glad to hear they haven't ruled out BB10.
    12-08-12 09:01 AM
    Just an update. . .I've managed to send some sort or message to about 90% of the contacts (some of them require you to be a registered user of the app with is kind of messed up but whatever) and about half have gotten back to me with the generic "currently not working on an app but please stay tuned." script. . .So my question to you guys is . . .If you wanted to start a change.org petition for 5 of the apps listed which 5 should it be? (Think about the popularity or the app as well as the usefulness . . .sorry but I'm not gonna make a petition for game apps . . .lol) Personally, I'd want. . .
    • Instapaper
    • Kindle
    • Pocket
    • Google+
    • Flipboard

But what do you guys think?
    12-08-12 02:03 PM
    I'm pretty sure lots of these apps are already confirmed to be on bb10 but thanks anyways!
    12-08-12 02:29 PM
    I'm pretty sure lots of these apps are already confirmed to be on bb10 but thanks anyways!
    Alright. . .pick some that are not "confirmed". . .maybe with a little effort they'll actually be confirmed for the launch . . .
    12-08-12 02:54 PM
    I'd like to see MyFitnessPal for BlackBerry 10 and Playbook as well.
    Their contact page is here: Contact Us | MyFitnessPal.com
    I am sending them an email, but feel free to send an email yourself too.
    anon(3310921) and Mel25 like this.
    12-08-12 04:58 PM
    added to list with direct email as well. . .[email protected]
    12-08-12 05:15 PM
    Millions of people worldwide work shift work. The guys I work who don't have a bb have polished user friendly shift work apps that allows them to see what they are working months in advance. Working days, afternoons and nights can be very confusing especially for loved ones trying to organize get togethers etc.

I have a bb and the only shift work app is clumsy and cumbersome.

Please, someone who develops apps make a quality shift work app. If you are unsure what it looks like to to app store ans search shift work. Do the same at blackberry world and you'll see what I mean.
    12-08-12 09:24 PM
    Millions of people worldwide work shift work. The guys I work who don't have a bb have polished user friendly shift work apps that allows them to see what they are working months in advance. Working days, afternoons and nights can be very confusing especially for loved ones trying to organize get togethers etc.

Please, someone who develops apps make a quality shift work app. If you are unsure what it looks like to to app store ans search shift work. Do the same at blackberry world and you'll see what I mean.
    Find the one you like and get there contact info. . . .I'm not even sure what your asking for . . .lol
    12-08-12 09:47 PM

Attachment 127595
    I too got that same goofy response from flipboard. Glad someone posted above with a note that they received a response confirming its on the way.
    12-09-12 01:50 AM
    added to list with direct email as well. . .[email protected]
    Looks like MyFitnessPal isn't making an app for BlackBerry 10. They do indeed support BlackBerry 7 though! :-|
    Here is what I got from them ([email protected]):

Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!-fitnesspal.jpg

Dear RIM Developer Relations,
    Please add MyFitnessPal to your list of development-teams that need to be schooled by you in the art of porting apps from Android to BB 10.
    Thanks,
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    12-09-12 01:27 PM
    I emailed Drudge Report about a BB10 app and here is what they said,

"We'll look into and if it's cost effective to develop we will."
    anon(3310921), ctuffy and Mel25 like this.
    12-09-12 03:44 PM
    . . .
    Please add MyFitnessPal to your list of development-teams that need to be schooled by you in the art of porting apps from Android to BB 10.
    Thanks,
    What email did you use to get in contact with RIM?

oh and Hulu got back to me with this. . .
    Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!-hulu-reply.jpg

sound like you guys have been going at it. . .keep it up!

P.S. Retweet the tweet I tweeted. . .(lol) . . .https://twitter.com/AfroZepher/statu...60129179152384
    Last edited by AfroZepher; 12-09-12 at 06:36 PM.
    12-09-12 06:12 PM
    Just sent a note to RBC (Royal Bank of Canada) on their website asking if they are planning to have an app on BB10

I do most of my banking using their app for OS7 and this would be a must for me. Let's see what they say...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-09-12 07:20 PM
    So I received a sort of canned response from RBC saying the app would work with any BB device with OS4.6 or higher (I don't think she knew what BB10 is!), but with an interesting note at the end of the message:

"We're committed to delivering mobile services that meet the needs of our clients, and we�ll continue to enhance our mobile offering over time. Stay up to date by visiting:

www.rbcroyalbank.com/mobile"

I guess I will have to take it for what it says and hope they will develop an app for BB10, specially when they are one of the largest Canadian Banks...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-10-12 06:33 AM
    I guess I will have to take it for what it says and hope they will develop an app for BB10, specially when they are one of the largest Canadian Banks...
    I think RIM Developer Relation must already have spoken to all banks that matter in the countries they are launching. RBC being one of them. I am sure RIM is already going after big companies/big app makers.

We should, perhaps, go after (in order of priority):
    1) fav apps from smaller app makers. An app that you like on other platform but it's perhaps not a top rated app. RIM is unlikely to convince ALL small app makers. So, we should contact those app makers and let them know we want their app.
    2) app makers that have been somewhat hostlie to RIM/BlackBerry (using the word 'hostile' loosely, so don't flame me for it) like NetFlix, Skype (agreed, they are not make or break apps, but it's better to have them than not)
    3) and if we have the time to do so, all remaining app makers (big or small) for additional pressure.
    dietertong and anon(3310921) like this.
    12-10-12 10:02 AM
    At this point I just going for the mad rush. . .it's a numbers game. . .I figure if I reach out to 1000 devs and only 10% say they are willing to go for it that's 100 apps. . .I did my part and I'm happy. . .
    12-10-12 10:46 AM
    At this point I just going for the mad rush. . .it's a numbers game. . .I figure if I reach out to 1000 devs and only 10% say they are willing to go for it that's 100 apps. . .I did my part and I'm happy. . .
    Makes sense. And I applaud you for your efforts. I have only contacted 3 app makers so far (quite a bit behind you, but better than nothing). That said, I think we should give priority to smaller app-makers that may not get convinced by RIM Dev Relations team. If we (app-customers) contact them directly, it's an incentive for them. Big app-makers will surely be contacted and pursued by RIM Dev Relations.
    12-10-12 11:41 AM
    I'm joining the conversation, I have reach out to a few developer for the apps I use everyday on my iPhone. I think this is a little bit premature(since we don't know what is going to be available at launch), lets make sure we keep this conversation alive after launch and we see what is available on the store.
    12-10-12 12:46 PM
    Please add Qando. It's the number 1 app for getting around Vienna, Austria and is bilingual (German and English).

qando. wann, wie, wohin.
    Last edited by CrackMachine; 12-10-12 at 01:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    12-10-12 01:57 PM
    One Louder got back to me with this response . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Want your favorite apps to Be on Blackberry 10? Let 'em know!!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1355169965179.jpg  
    12-10-12 02:06 PM

As an app developer I'm always looking for app ideas, I will definitely research your request.

Russ.
    12-10-12 05:40 PM
    evernote is already integrated at blackberry 10. you can find your evernote notes at app called "REMEMBER". There you can combine your offline and online notes. When you open them, your evernote notes at the right side, and your offline notes at the left side (2 icons actually). all you have to do is sign in to your evernote account at "Account" in Blackberry 10 Setting . Dropbox and Box are already integrated too. All you have to do is just sign in to your accounts from each apps and you can see your files from dropbox and box from 'File Manager". At File manager, you can browse files that put inside the handset, your dropbox account, and box account.
    Just saw an evaluation unit our IT group had - can definitely confirm this.
    12-10-12 08:31 PM
    Whoa. . .now we're talking!!! Those gist guys were not playing games great idea (now that is has been confirmed. . .lol)
    12-10-12 09:12 PM
211 ... 23456 ...