All in all, it's clearly a BlackBerry Personal Assistant and seems to work fairly well within it's own little 'tools not toys' world. I should stop asking it peculiar questions I guess.
    Yup, BlackBerry Assistant is based from Maluuba which is known to not "play around" like Siri. It's a serious app.

Posted with Z10 (STL100-1 | 10.3.0.1052)
    08-26-14 06:30 AM
    Yup, BlackBerry Assistant is based from Maluuba which is known to not "play around" like Siri. It's a serious app.

Posted with Z10 (STL100-1 | 10.3.0.1052)
    But the humor answers/questions are made from BlackBerry. For example, "where are you from? Canada" is from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 06:34 AM
    OK, I understand that the excitement of new assistant.
    I, NO.

Does anyone knows. How to turn off assistant?
    I want a classic search, as in 10.2
    08-26-14 08:37 AM
    OK, I understand that the excitement of new assistant.
    I, NO.

Don't upgrade

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    08-26-14 09:42 AM
    The answer I got sucks
    Attachment 293409

Posted via CB10
    Really?? Mine tells me "You are my boss and I am here to assist you"
    08-26-14 10:21 AM
    Have you checked the settings pane in system settings?
    Wanna see the amazing BlackBerry Assistant?-img_20140826_174106.png
    08-26-14 10:45 AM
    Where's your imagination? I can guarantee that humans will begin to use digital assistants to actually get stuff done once they stop sucking.
    My wife has started using S Voice on her S3 because she finds it easier for doing things such as creating calendar appointments. She's not a smartphone geek and tends to forget how to do things with menus and submenus. For her it's a lot easier to say "Make appointment subject meet with Cindy tomorrow 10 am" than it is to type all that in and save it; or forget to save it; or hit the Back button by mistake.

Most of us here are compulsive about setting up our phones, putting things where we want them, and so on. Other people, such as my wife, are not. App icons are scattered around randomly, and they have a hard time finding an app when they want it. So they go into the global app list and scroll through that. For such people it's easier to say "Open Zillow" or whatever.
    08-26-14 11:13 AM
    If you ask "What's your name?" it identifies itself as Wolfram Alpha, not Maluuba.

It answers "Do you love me?" without an Internet search.

This is something that could and should be frequently updated. I wonder how much of the AI is in the code on the device and how much is on the back end server. I'd quess that what's on the device is mainly the voice recognition and transcription, but I haven't tested. The more AI there is on the server, the more it can be improved without us having to wait for an OS update.
    08-26-14 11:24 AM
    If you ask "What's your name?" it identifies itself as Wolfram Alpha, not Maluuba.

It answers "Do you love me?" without an Internet search.

This is something that could and should be frequently updated. I wonder how much of the AI is in the code on the device and how much is on the back end server. I'd quess that what's on the device is mainly the voice recognition and transcription, but I haven't tested. The more AI there is on the server, the more it can be improved without us having to wait for an OS update.
    On that point, they should market how much it can do without an Internet connection!

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    08-26-14 12:23 PM
    This is amazing, can't wait!

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    08-26-14 01:52 PM
    Guys I decided I'll make Part 4 tomorrow, so until then enjoy this video with the TOP 10 BB 10.3 New Features!!!:
    08-26-14 07:21 PM
86 ... 234