Btw, I like your profile picture, reminds me of my dog who happens to look just like a little red fox.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 01:06 PM
    I think it might be interesting to use the Blackberry Assistant in a full scenario instead of trying to come up with arbitrary commands.

If you were to put in a meeting at a specific location would BB Assistant be able to pull up directions? Give you an estimate of how long it could take to get there? Find a coffee place nearby? Let meeting participants know you are running late? (Separate from saying, "text so-and-so I'm running late")

Can you send attachments via email with BBA? Can BBA set up specific alerts? "Let me know when I get an email from blahblahblah.net" "At 6:00 remind me to buy milk."

I want to see it doing stuff an assistant would do. Voice control stuff is nice, I'm not sure why you would ever need to turn on the flashlight with your voice but I guess it's nice to know you can do that.
    08-25-14 01:27 PM
    Guys Part 3 is now out!!!

Got any suggestions for Part 4?
    LeeU1911 and mtint like this.
    08-25-14 02:35 PM
    This is it's natural speed. Maybe there's something wrong with your install?
    Really!? Wow, it seemed much slower in the video post that Bla1ze did last week. If that is true I am really impressed!
    08-25-14 02:43 PM
    So far, in my small amount of testing, it seems to work pretty good at doing Assistant type stuff. It will set calendar events, read out what you are doing tomorrow or the rest of the week, write emails bbms and test messages, read emails etc, find me coffee, make notes, set reminders, set alarms, play music, find movies and show times, find directions, and more. I haven't really found a phone/assistant task that it wouldn't do. Well, it wouldn't close an app for me, but that's about it. And, so far it appears to accomplish this while you speak naturally to it. There is not set of commands that needs to be followed. It understands the lingo.

But, in all honesty, I keep trying to ask it ridiculous questions in an attempt to find its limitations. Who are you? What are you? Are you alive? Are you a computer? Tell me a joke? etc. It seems to understand me fine, more or less, but often defers to an internet search if you get too far out of its boundaries or returns a result for something else. For instance "Will you be my friend?" brings up music titles instead of a hilarious response. Or, "Are you Siri?" brings up a definition of what Siri is.

All in all, it's clearly a BlackBerry Personal Assistant and seems to work fairly well within it's own little 'tools not toys' world. I should stop asking it peculiar questions I guess.
    08-25-14 02:49 PM
    Really!? Wow, it seemed much slower in the video post that Bla1ze did last week. If that is true I am really impressed!
    That's how it is on my phone.
    08-25-14 02:52 PM
    So far, in my small amount of testing, it seems to work pretty good at doing Assistant type stuff. It will set calendar events, read out what you are doing tomorrow or the rest of the week, write emails bbms and test messages, read emails etc, find me coffee, make notes, set reminders, set alarms, play music, find movies and show times, find directions, and more. I haven't really found a phone/assistant task that it wouldn't do. Well, it wouldn't close an app for me, but that's about it. And, so far it appears to accomplish this while you speak naturally to it. There is not set of commands that needs to be followed. It understands the lingo.

But, in all honesty, I keep trying to ask it ridiculous questions in an attempt to find its limitations. Who are you? What are you? Are you alive? Are you a computer? Tell me a joke? etc. It seems to understand me fine, more or less, but often defers to an internet search if you get too far out of its boundaries or returns a result for something else. For instance "Will you be my friend?" brings up music titles instead of a hilarious response. Or, "Are you Siri?" brings up a definition of what Siri is.

All in all, it's clearly a BlackBerry Personal Assistant and seems to work fairly well within it's own little 'tools not toys' world. I should stop asking it peculiar questions I guess.
    I agree that it should be able to respond to conversational/humor questions yet it only answers a few. Hopefully before final release, BlackBerry adds in a few conversational responses similar to Siri
    08-25-14 02:54 PM
    I agree that it should be able to respond to conversational/humor questions yet it only answers a few. Hopefully before final release, BlackBerry adds in a few conversational responses similar to Siri
    Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why it doesn't want to be my friend... diverting the question instead of giving me a straight answer.

The thing is, it seems to be fairly good at understanding the spoken word and then completing the requested tasks that it's not long before you start wondering what else it actually understands. But, I don't exactly expect it to answer a bunch of goofy questions, I mean, it is a professional device made for professionals right.
    08-25-14 03:39 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I totally understand why it doesn't want to be my friend... diverting the question instead of giving me a straight answer.

The thing is, it seems to be fairly good at understanding the spoken word and then completing the requested tasks that it's not long before you start wondering what else it actually understands. But, I don't exactly expect it to answer a bunch of goofy questions, I mean, it is a professional device made for professionals right.
    Professionals aren't robots. They (me included) want some too

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 03:51 PM
    You can say "sing me a song" or "play me a song" and it'll shuffle through your songs
    haha I think he meant can you change the song in your video. @Trini-34 must not have been a fan,
    08-25-14 05:07 PM
    haha I think he meant can you change the song in your video. @Trini-34 must not have been a fan,
    Oh that's a bit rude lol. But fine. Anyone got a suggestion for background music for my 4th video?

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:10 PM
    Oh that's a bit rude lol. But fine. Anyone got a suggestion for background music for my 4th video?

Posted via CB10
    Don't change the song, it's perfect

From Zarafet my Z30.
    08-25-14 05:23 PM

From Zarafet my Z30.
    I Get Money - 50 Cent

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    08-25-14 05:24 PM

From Zarafet my Z30.
    That's what I thought too. it's so calming
    08-25-14 05:29 PM
    I Get Money - 50 Cent

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I'll consider it since I do like 50 cent

Edit: Never mind that song doesn't suit BlackBerry assistant
    tinochiko likes this.
    08-25-14 05:30 PM
    Nice work. I like the music

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:59 PM
    Nice work. I like the music

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I like the music too
    Got any suggestions for part 2? I might also show off some 10.3 features
    08-25-14 08:20 PM
    Wow, someone went on all my videos and pressed dislike.
    08-25-14 08:21 PM
    Wow, someone went on all my videos and pressed dislike.
    Why and who did that? That was mean. Lol. It happens all the time. It's internet.
    08-25-14 09:22 PM
    Why and who did that? That was mean. Lol. It happens all the time. It's internet.
    I know. I just don't know why they'd dislike it. I'm not giving a bad review or anything, I'm just showing some features lol

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 09:28 PM
    Would it be possible for you to watch the Cortana video and try some of cool commands that Cortana can do and see if our Assistant keeps up to it? Also, can you please record the voice as well?

Some examples:
    - Look for an easy tomato soup recipe.
    - Remind me to buy 30 tomatoes next time I'm at Walmart.
    - Facebook what's up with Jasmine
    - Next time I talk to Jasmine, remind me to congratulate her on her new job
    - How old is Bill Gates?
    - Who is he married to?
    AL8x B and allengeorge like this.
    08-25-14 10:00 PM
    I was wondering about the speed also. Apps seemed to open and close quicker than I had seen before. Also, the videos are just under 3min long, but at they end, 2 of them show it being a 4+min recording. I like the speed, but seems sped up.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:29 PM
    Would it be possible for you to watch the Cortana video and try some of cool commands that Cortana can do and see if our Assistant keeps up to it? Also, can you please record the voice as well?

Some examples:
    - Look for an easy tomato soup recipe.
    - Remind me to buy 30 tomatoes next time I'm at Walmart.
    - Facebook what's up with Jasmine
    - Next time I talk to Jasmine, remind me to congratulate her on her new job
    - How old is Bill Gates?
    - Who is he married to?
    Well compared to that... we are only about 75 percent done. BlackBerry assistant doesn't remember your last request so it doesn't work with a follow-up command, we have no you tube app to upload to, most importantly to me, doesn't remind you when you are at a certain location (example remind me to get 30 tomatoes at Walmart) and a few other bummers.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:33 PM
    I know. I just don't know why they'd dislike it. I'm not giving a bad review or anything, I'm just showing some features lol

Posted via CB10
    That's what happens when someone sees how awesome it is, and doesn't like what's about to happen. BlackBerry haters

From Zarafet my Z30.
    08-26-14 05:47 AM
    I like that it opens up Web pages. It shows you a lot more information. Rather than the phone just saying the answer in 2 sentences. It's more business like.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    08-26-14 05:48 AM
86 1234