Just a couple of notes;

Video #1 - you asked for screen brightness to be 50% ? The actual text said "ray brightness to 50%" but in the next frame it reduced the brightness to 0, was that what you wanted it to do?

Then the next thing you asked was for the flashlight to be turned on, but in the animation(for lack of knowing what to call it) it turns the flashlight off?

May you see if it can adjust screen temperature like it does brightness? So something like 'increase screen temperature by 50%'

Can you open/activate voice control from anywhere? I know in both videos you showed dictation, but is there an alternative activation so I don't have to go back into search all? E.g. Let's say I'm in the middle of typing this comment on Crackberry, I activate the voice and say "search for BlackBerry assistant pictures" I don't want it to type that, I want it to do it .. I think pressing the button between the volume keys might do that but I'm not sure..

In any case it's all really cool, can't wait to play around with it and hopefully it gains a distinct personality with time..

Check Out TechCraze
    dracolnyte likes this.
    08-25-14 03:12 AM
    I can confirm that in other languages (Italian, for example) the functions are limited. The BA can't answer to direct personal questions, or tell you jokes or answer to "what happened on the 29th of April?". Even the basic functions as a new appointment don't work very smooth.

But hey, ok, it's just born

MIddux
    08-25-14 03:56 AM
    Don't know if thats what he used but I've got screen recorder and that works pretty well

Edit: but at the end of his first video I see his is called "screen&audio recorder"

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/39679887
    Think it's that one but he can confirm
    Check Out TechCraze
    Thank you, I wonder why he won't reply.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    08-25-14 06:20 AM
    Awesome links! Thanks!

What happen on 29th April? My birthday that is! And I want a passport for the present! Lol.

Is it only available in English?
    mine too.

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    08-25-14 06:28 AM
    Mostly useless gimmick. I mean it's good to have it on the BlackBerry platform so we don't feel worse than others.
    It's good for fanboys when they set out for yet another war of mobile OS on Internet boards.
    In practice apart from very few usage scenarios it is much faster to use your keyboard whether touch or not. Yes you can show up that it opens Facebook and so what? You would do it with the keyboard much faster anyway as well as most of the other tasks. I remember friends on Android and iOS that used to be so excited about their assistants - not for long. And they were fanboys at their best.
    Talking to the phone looks so ridiculous anyway. Don't mean to offend the OP here for demo but in public places it's just so silly. No wonder after Siri novelty wore out it's hard to spot anybody using it. It's unnatural to human beings to be talking to silicon chip.
    08-25-14 06:40 AM
    Try asking her 'who am I'?

Posted via CB10
    The answer I got sucks
    Wanna see the amazing BlackBerry Assistant?-img_20140825_084257.png

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:43 AM
    Another important question for me is what is the name of the song playing? I like it.

Posted via CB10
    Beautiful - Ryan Farish

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:44 AM
    Thank you, I wonder why he won't reply.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    Sorry I didn't see your question. And indeed that is the app

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:44 AM
    Just a couple of notes;

Video #1 - you asked for screen brightness to be 50% ? The actual text said "ray brightness to 50%" but in the next frame it reduced the brightness to 0, was that what you wanted it to do?

Then the next thing you asked was for the flashlight to be turned on, but in the animation(for lack of knowing what to call it) it turns the flashlight off?

May you see if it can adjust screen temperature like it does brightness? So something like 'increase screen temperature by 50%'

Can you open/activate voice control from anywhere? I know in both videos you showed dictation, but is there an alternative activation so I don't have to go back into search all? E.g. Let's say I'm in the middle of typing this comment on Crackberry, I activate the voice and say "search for BlackBerry assistant pictures" I don't want it to type that, I want it to do it .. I think pressing the button between the volume keys might do that but I'm not sure..

In any case it's all really cool, can't wait to play around with it and hopefully it gains a distinct personality with time..

Check Out TechCraze
    No. It raised the brightness to 50% and then there's a slider which I just turned off because I didn't need it. Same thing with flashlight. You can even turn it off through voice but I didn't want to waste time.

Screen temperature didn't work. I even tried white balance. And you can open it anywhere if you hold the mute button but it opens as another app so AFAIK, you can't search in Crackberry for example (although I believe that apps can be programmed to work better with BlackBerry assistant) and don't forget this is beta software

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:50 AM
    Mostly useless gimmick. I mean it's good to have it on the BlackBerry platform so we don't feel worse than others.
    It's good for fanboys when they set out for yet another war of mobile OS on Internet boards.
    In practice apart from very few usage scenarios it is much faster to use your keyboard whether touch or not. Yes you can show up that it opens Facebook and so what? You would do it with the keyboard much faster anyway as well as most of the other tasks. I remember friends on Android and iOS that used to be so excited about their assistants - not for long. And they were fanboys at their best.
    Talking to the phone looks so ridiculous anyway. Don't mean to offend the OP here for demo but in public places it's just so silly. No wonder after Siri novelty wore out it's hard to spot anybody using it. It's unnatural to human beings to be talking to silicon chip.
    It's useful when driving

Posted via CB10
    Genghis2k3 likes this.
    08-25-14 07:51 AM
    nice demos... but you had to have sped the frame rate up, (?) my z10 test device takes 5-10 seconds sometimes!
    08-25-14 08:08 AM
    nice demos... but you had to have sped the frame rate up, (?) my z10 test device takes 5-10 seconds sometimes!
    This is it's natural speed. Maybe there's something wrong with your install?
    08-25-14 08:14 AM
    Actually that is a pretty smart response in that it just did a who is DNS lookup!
    08-25-14 08:25 AM
    Actually that is a pretty smart response in that it just did a who is DNS lookup!
    It would've been better if you could set a name and then it says your name

Posted via CB10
    Flatman likes this.
    08-25-14 08:27 AM
    Sorry I didn't see your question. And indeed that is the app

Posted via CB10
    Thank you.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    08-25-14 10:06 AM
    This is it's natural speed. Maybe there's something wrong with your install?
    Wow. Really. When the builds progress more I'll add it to my Z30 and try it out.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:28 AM
    Mostly useless gimmick... It's unnatural to human beings to be talking to silicon chip.
    Where's your imagination? I can guarantee that humans will begin to use digital assistants to actually get stuff done once they stop sucking.

Posted via CB10
    Flatman likes this.
    08-25-14 11:39 AM
    Love the videos and thank you for sharing. But, can you do something about the music... Like change it? haha
    08-25-14 12:14 PM
    Love the videos and thank you for sharing. But, can you do something about the music... Like change it? haha
    You can say "sing me a song" or "play me a song" and it'll shuffle through your songs
    08-25-14 12:30 PM
    Guys so i need 15 commands to show off in my third video. Please post suggestions!!!
    08-25-14 12:31 PM
    "Rays brightness to 50%"

Brightness then gets turned all the way down...

Success?
    08-25-14 12:32 PM
    Command ideas:

What time is my first meeting tomorrow?

Am I free next Wednesday?

Book an appointment in the calendar
    08-25-14 12:37 PM
    "Rays brightness to 50%"

Brightness then gets turned all the way down...

Success?
    No, it went to 50% and then I slided it back down to 0% to save battery. I'll do the same but completely by voice in video 3 so you have a better idea
    08-25-14 12:39 PM
    Command ideas:

What time is my first meeting tomorrow?

Am I free next Wednesday?

Book an appointment in the calendar
    I'll use all 3. Any other ideas??
    allengeorge likes this.
    08-25-14 12:41 PM
    I'll use all 3. Any other ideas??
    I don't recall the exact phrase I used yesterday, but I asked something about the baseball standings... I think I said "what are the baseball standings for the east division", and it brought that and the rest up. I can verify when I get off work and reach my beta test device if you need me to.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 01:04 PM
86 1234