Thanks, ubizmo.

I can't send text messages with 1627. Hmmm. Not happy. Tried rebooting, no help.
    I had the same problem at first, I couldn't compose from the text app, I went to contacts and selected to text one of my contacts and it's been working ever since, something to try

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 03:15 PM
    I had the same problem at first, I couldn't compose from the text app, I went to contacts and selected to text one of my contacts and it's been working ever since, something to try

Posted via CB10
    I could compose, but the message disappeared when i hit send.

I tried to go back to 1483, and bricked the phone. Just a flashing red light.

I reinstalled the original os, went to 1627, restored everything in airplane mode, and all is well.
    05-05-13 05:54 PM
    Can someone confirm if the ability to edit your APN is there for this. Maybe someone with a Rogers Z10?.

Traveling to the US in a few weeks, plan on using the roammobility sim card to cut down on roaming charges. But won't have data if I can't get the APN to change. May have to install the leak OS for my trip if its not released by the time I leave.
    05-05-13 06:06 PM
    What happens when my carrier releases 10.1? Will i be able to just upgrade from my phone like normal or will there need to be a special process?
    yvpan1 likes this.
    05-05-13 06:33 PM
    Finally got around to updating with this leaked version. I tried for hours to backup my apps but failed every single time. I even deleted all the apps but a couple and it still failed. In the end I gave up, deleted everything, and loaded 10.1. I cannot be happier.

My two major issues were fixed.

A) Ability to select and access 4G network. On the older OS, it would deselect 4G and lower it to 3G ( I live in the Middle East).
    B) The phone app, the freaking phone app. It's finally fixed and there is absolutely no lag in it whatsoever. Even the "End Call" button works now without spamming it.

Everything seems to be very smooth the next day. My battery life seems to be surprisingly good or even better. I'm now always on 4G and battery life seems to be more solid as opposed to being on 3G/2G, and this is only day 1 with the OS.

Finally, as the poster above me mentioned, what happens when the official 10.1 comes out. What do we do?
    05-06-13 04:25 AM
    I finally grew a pair and installed it. Seems good so far. Not noticing any issues. The hardest part was getting over my fear of the unknown.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 04:47 AM
    Installed the latest leak. Battery life is great...all is working except my FB notifications still but I can live with that. Re sideloaded apps and they are working fine. New keyboard is great! The only problem I had which was a scary one BEFORE installing this new leak was that my device wasn't being recognized by Link suddenly that I had used the night before and successfully backed up. got the thin red line on my battery so I switched my device battery. then used another PC and was able to use Link on it. I think the new WiFi setting on the latest Link ver may be the prob in all this. I didn't have this prob on the 1483 leak. I've successfully got both PCs working again with my device and latest Leak but I lost hours on this. I keep WiFi off in Link at the moment. I think I'll wait now for the official release in Canada. I'm good...

Posted via CB10 using Z10
    05-06-13 06:53 AM
    Hi guys, am using the Verizon unlocked z10 and am stuck in Os 10.0.9.2709..i can't download some apps e.g whatsapp. I need help on how to upgrade my os.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 08:25 AM
    One thing that hasn't been fixed in the update is the phantom messages - when you draft an email through Yahoo or Thunderbird, sooner or later, that draft will show up on your device as a new message. Sending the message from your device will not clear the 'new message' alert from the Z10 - and if it's as it was before this update, the phantom can exist on the phone for up to an hour. One to try and fix before official launch?
    05-06-13 08:56 AM
    anybody have the problem with the battery?
    my z10 automatically shut off when battery is 10% (red)
    i don't think this is from my battery because i just bought it a couple weeks ago..
    05-06-13 09:57 AM
    Why are my emails not showing up on hub but only on Gmail or rogers.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 10:11 AM
    After upgrading Video player does not support multi formats. My built in player does not play .mkv files whereas same was being played in 10.0 OS.
    05-06-13 10:37 AM
    Just did the update and with your directions it couldn't have been easier. Thanks.
    I thought you could start a new line in text messages with this update but I guess I was incorrect
    05-06-13 10:53 AM
    Why are my emails not showing up on hub but only on Gmail or rogers.

Posted via CB10
    Figured it out. They were old emails before the update. New ones come in the hub tab.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 10:54 AM
    Can someone confirm if the ability to edit your APN is there for this. Maybe someone with a Rogers Z10?.

Traveling to the US in a few weeks, plan on using the roammobility sim card to cut down on roaming charges. But won't have data if I can't get the APN to change. May have to install the leak OS for my trip if its not released by the time I leave.
    On bell and my apn settings are no longer greyed out
    tushargkwd likes this.
    05-06-13 11:15 AM
    Nice to hear that the APN settings aren't grey anymore, that solved one of the questions I had on my mind !

The question that I have is, Can I roll-back to the original version of the OS that came with the phone ?
    Just in case, if I ever had to rollback, would it be possible ?

Please help me, I really wish to update my z10 STL 100-1 coz my APN is grey and I am already subscribed to data plan, but cannot use any GPRS, 3G etc.

Currently running OS 10.0.10.648 on STL 100-1 in India.
    Thanks !
    Last edited by tushargkwd; 05-06-13 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Added current OS version..
    05-06-13 11:27 AM
    My keyboard stopped working. I was editing an email and saved the changes. I went back into the email to finish and now my keyboard does not type anymore. I can hear the click and see the letter popup, but the text does not type anywhere(internet browser, compose email, contact search ect)
    The rest of the device seems fine. I emailed this to myself and copied and pasted to CB forum.
    I HAVE A PASSWORD set and am nervous about reboot incase I cant get in!!
    Any ideas. I am on the new leak 10.1. 1627 or whatever

Via Z
    05-06-13 11:39 AM
    My keyboard stopped working. I was editing an email and saved the changes. I went back into the email to finish and now my keyboard does not type anymore. I can hear the click and see the letter popup, but the text does not type anywhere(internet browser, compose email, contact search ect)
    The rest of the device seems fine. I emailed this to myself and copied and pasted to CB forum.
    I HAVE A PASSWORD set and am nervous about reboot incase I cant get in!!
    Any ideas. I am on the new leak 10.1. 1627 or whatever

Via Z
    Hey,
    Check by Going to Spell Check -> Whether you have set "Ignore words with Numbers " to "ON".
    When its off, its known to cause some issues...
    BB thread here: Keyboard input not working - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    05-06-13 12:01 PM
    Finally got around to updating with this leaked version. I tried for hours to backup my apps but failed every single time. I even deleted all the apps but a couple and it still failed. In the end I gave up, deleted everything, and loaded 10.1. I cannot be happier.

My two major issues were fixed.

A) Ability to select and access 4G network. On the older OS, it would deselect 4G and lower it to 3G ( I live in the Middle East).
    B) The phone app, the freaking phone app. It's finally fixed and there is absolutely no lag in it whatsoever. Even the "End Call" button works now without spamming it.

Everything seems to be very smooth the next day. My battery life seems to be surprisingly good or even better. I'm now always on 4G and battery life seems to be more solid as opposed to being on 3G/2G, and this is only day 1 with the OS.

Finally, as the poster above me mentioned, what happens when the official 10.1 comes out. What do we do?
    When the official 10.1 comes out, if software/build version is higher than leaked OS, it definitely will ask for update

Posted via my Awesome Z10
    Vector-SS likes this.
    05-06-13 12:17 PM

Yes it's there, not greyed out

Walkthrough Upgrading 10.1.0.1627 Leaked OS Experience-img_00000287.png

05-06-13 12:18 PM
    After upgrading Video player does not support multi formats. My built in player does not play .mkv files whereas same was being played in 10.0 OS.
    Can't confirm this as I have no mkv video format it's bad if bb really removed this compatibility, hopefully they're back by the official release. Keep fingers crossed

05-06-13 12:22 PM
    Just did the update and with your directions it couldn't have been easier. Thanks.
    I thought you could start a new line in text messages with this update but I guess I was incorrect
    You're welcome, am glad to help
    And for start a new line in text message, YES you can, hold-press shift button and then 'enter', the new line is there for you. Unfortunately this comes with a 'but', you just can make a new line only in a new message chatbox without the recipient being added.. bummer

Walkthrough Upgrading 10.1.0.1627 Leaked OS Experience-img_00000288.png

05-06-13 12:30 PM
    Ahhh so you can't do it when in a conversation already. That seems strange that you can't do it in conversation doesn't it? Or is it just me?
    05-06-13 12:34 PM
    After upgrade, cooperate email stop working.
    05-06-13 12:41 PM
    Can anyone post a Mirror link for the OS 10.1 for STL 100-1.
    The link given by Ibfe in the Leaked OS post is broken !

Thanks a lot !
    05-06-13 01:07 PM
117 12345