So I'm here to share my experience when upgrading the 1627 leaked OS for my Z10, as I couldn't find any thorough walkthrough for installing leaked.

This thread is dedicated to help guide some Z10 fellas wanting to upgrade their phone with the leaked OS but still unsure whether they can brick or messing up with their device. Sorry if there are still a lot details missing from this guide, as I'm just a newbie here. Thanks for the understanding.

1. Download the leak autoloader file from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8408880, pick the right file according to your phone model, you can check it by pressing myver, for example mine is Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1627. Extract the file and you'll see an .exe file, don't open it just yet.

2. Backup your Z10 with BlackBerry Link software on computer. Don't forget to move all files from the device to media card. If you want to remember the order of your app drawer, you can take some screenshots of it by pressing up and down volume button at the same time. Close the Link software and unplug the device.

3. After making sure the backup is successfully made, charge the phone to some acceptable battery level, just in case.

4. Pray and make sure that nobody is disturbing you until the next hour.

5. Plug back the device to your computer withOUT Link software opened. Run the .exe file that you've downloaded. This file is a command prompt application, you'll see the connecting and loading software process on the command prompt window. The phone will turned off and notification LED will turn red then green, that's normal. Do not touch the device, wait until the command prompt says finished and your phone turn back on with a new fresh OS. Unplug the device and do the first time setup.

6. Check how's things going with the fresh installed OS, and if everything's okay, restart it and plug it back to the computer. This time open the BlackBerry Link software and restore back.

7. For myself, I remember having email account sign in problem after restore, nothing to worry about though, you just need to go to 'Settings > Accounts' and delete everything. Restart your phone and re-add all the accounts. Everything should be okay after.

8. And if you have whatsapp app restored too, delete it and reinstall from the BB World, cause I experienced that whatsapp isn't recognizing some of my contacts. It took me some time for all my contacts to appear in the contacts app.

9. Check for app updates in BBW , some apps are updated to support this 10.1 platform. Do NOT update it all at once, but one app at a time, as I experienced that the installation of updated apps stucked when you do it all at once.

9. The phone getting warm and sluggish for the first few hours is expected. It's smooth afterwards. Battery life more or less is the same with my previous 10.0.10.85 T-Mobile release.

10. Check for the new HDR camera feature, better typing experience, and WhatsApp Hub integration. Sideload some apps that you need using the vnBB 10 software, the how-to news by Adam Zeis can be found here: http://m.crackberry.com/sideload-and...-device-vnbb10
    and for some .bar installer you can find it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ing-z10-766594
    I noticed some performance improvements for sideloaded apps, compared with 10.0 runtime emulator.

11. Enjoy your new OS! Please report whenever you experience any problem or issue. I'll be more than happy to help.

Posted via my Awesome Z10
    05-04-13 11:44 PM
    So I'm here to share my experience when upgrading the 1627 leaked OS for my Z10, as I couldn't find any thorough walkthrough for installing leaked.

This thread is dedicated to help guide some Z10 fellas wanting to upgrade their phone with the leaked OS but still unsure whether they can brick or messing up with their device. Sorry if there are still a lot details missing from this guide, as I'm just a newbie here. Thanks for the understanding.

1. Download the leak autoloader file from here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8408880, pick the right file according to your phone model, you can check it by pressing myver, for example mine is Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.1627. Extract the file and you'll see an .exe file, don't open it just yet.

2. Backup your Z10 with BlackBerry Link software on computer. Don't forget to move all files from the device to media card. If you want to remember the order of your app drawer, you can take some screenshots of it by pressing up and down volume button at the same time. Close the Link software and unplug the device.

3. After making sure the backup is successfully made, charge the phone to some acceptable battery level, just in case.

4. Pray and make sure that nobody is disturbing you until the next hour.

5. Plug back the device to your computer withOUT Link software opened. Run the .exe file that you've downloaded. This file is a command prompt application, you'll see the connecting and loading software process on the command prompt window. The phone will turned off and notification LED will turn red then green, that's normal. Do not touch the device, wait until the command prompt says finished and your phone turn back on with a new fresh OS. Unplug the device and do the first time setup.

6. Check how's things going with the fresh installed OS, and if everything's okay, restart it and plug it back to the computer. This time open the BlackBerry Link software and restore back.

7. For myself, I remember having email account sign in problem after restore, nothing to worry about though, you just need to go to 'Settings > Accounts' and delete everything. Restart your phone and re-add all the accounts. Everything should be okay after.

8. And if you have whatsapp app restored too, delete it and reinstall from the BB World, cause I experienced that whatsapp isn't recognizing some of my contacts. It took me some time for all my contacts to appear in the contacts app.

9. Check for app updates in BBW , some apps are updated to support this 10.1 platform. Do NOT update it all at once, but one app at a time, as I experienced that the installation of updated apps stucked when you do it all at once.

9. The phone getting warm and sluggish for the first few hours is expected. It's smooth afterwards. Battery life more or less is the same with my previous 10.0.10.85 T-Mobile release.

10. Check for the new HDR camera feature, better typing experience, and WhatsApp Hub integration. Sideload some apps that you need using the vnBB 10 software, the how-to news by Adam Zeis can be found here: Sideload Android apps to your BlackBerry 10 device with vnBB10 | CrackBerry.com
    and for some .bar installer you can find it here: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ing-z10-766594
    I noticed some performance improvements for sideloaded apps, compared with 10.0 runtime emulator.

11. Enjoy your new OS! Please report whenever you experience any problem or issue. I'll be more than happy to help.

Do you mind if I replace my quick and dirty version in my FAQ with your detailed version? Much better done, and of course will give full credit
    05-04-13 11:46 PM
    Do you mind if I replace my quick and dirty version in my FAQ with your detailed version? Much better done, and of course will give full credit
    Of course I don't mind, as this was made for our community

05-04-13 11:49 PM
    I have a question, although I think I know the answer :/

Link does not work at all for me. Is there a workaround for the back up?
    05-04-13 11:50 PM
    You having any issues composing whatsapp messages from the hub? I can't select a contact - i click on the contact but it won't select. Hmmm.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 11:54 PM
    I have a question, although I think I know the answer :/

Link does not work at all for me. Is there a workaround for the back up?
    Hmm, unfortunately for now all I know about backing up things is just from BB Link. Have you tried to install the latest Link software downloaded from Internet? And try to use another usb port. If you can find someone generous enough for you to test the Link software on their computer, you'd better try it, as probably this is a specific computer or desktop OS issue.

05-04-13 11:55 PM
    Hmm, unfortunately for now all I know about backing up things is just from BB Link. Have you tried to install the latest Link software downloaded from Internet? And try to use another usb port. If you can find someone generous enough for you to test the Link software on their computer, you'd better try it, as probably this is a specific computer or desktop OS issue.

Need to try another computer. I've installed, un-installed and re-installed Link countless times, it wouldn't even open. The only reason I'm not running the leak is because I cannot do a back up of my Z10
    05-04-13 11:59 PM
    You having any issues composing whatsapp messages from the hub? I can't select a contact - i click on the contact but it won't select. Hmmm.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried to update the whatsapp?

So I checked it and can confirm that I cannot compose a new whatsapp chat from the hub, I just can chat with my recent chats, groups, and favorite contacts. That's it.

05-05-13 12:01 AM
    Of course I don't mind, as this was made for our community

Done and done come tomorrow it'll be added in

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:03 AM
    Need to try another computer. I've installed, un-installed and re-installed Link countless times, it wouldn't even open. The only reason I'm not running the leak is because I cannot do a back up of my Z10
    That's sucks, feel sorry that I cannot be any help for your issue. Hopefully you'll find the solution soon.

trinipoco and ryankidd17 like this.
    05-05-13 12:04 AM
    That's sucks, feel sorry that I cannot be any help for your issue. Hopefully you'll find the solution soon.

Thanks. In one week, I'll be at my family's house. Three PCs and two Macs. If none works, I'm cursed. lol
    05-05-13 12:05 AM
    Have you tried to update the whatsapp?

So I checked it and can confirm that I cannot compose a new whatsapp chat from the hub, I just can chat with my recent chats, groups, and favorite contacts. That's it.

Yep. Ah well. So frustrating as that was the main reason I installed the leak, to compose whatsapp messages from the hub! Will attempt to downgrade...

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:07 AM
    Thanks. In one week, I'll be at my family's house. Three PCs and two Macs. If none works, I'm cursed. lol
    Some apps sometimes can cause a device not to back up make sure to clear side loaded apps before a back up as they don't get backed up anyways than start to dwindle down the main apps you've downloaded

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:10 AM
    Yep. Ah well. So frustrating as that was the main reason I installed the leak, to compose whatsapp messages from the hub! Will attempt to downgrade...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, tht kinda annoying, the hub integration still have some issues here and there. Let's see if they fix it in the next update.

05-05-13 12:11 AM
    Some apps sometimes can cause a device not to back up make sure to clear side loaded apps before a back up as they don't get backed up anyways than start to dwindle down the main apps you've downloaded

Posted via CB10
    The problem isn't with the Z10 (well I wouldn't know if there is a problem with it). I download Link, clicked on Link's icon, and it crashes immediately. Windows reports that BlackBerry Link has stopped working. No idea if my computer has something that isn't allowing to Link to work or Link isn't somehow compatible with my laptop
    05-05-13 12:13 AM
    The problem isn't with the Z10 (well I wouldn't know if there is a problem with it). I download Link, clicked on Link's icon, and it crashes immediately. Windows reports that BlackBerry Link has stopped working. No idea if my computer has something that isn't allowing to Link to work or Link isn't somehow compatible with my laptop
    Do you have blackberry desktop software installed?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 12:15 AM
    Do you have blackberry desktop software installed?

Posted via CB10
    For 9930 etc? No, removed it before I installed Link
    05-05-13 12:17 AM
    I'd rather not have it open on me than what it does for me: opens insists I update my os to .116 (which I'm already on) then when I finally convince it to backup, gets to 35% and says it failed because it was interrupted or disconnected etc. It's a load of bs. Tried selective backup, same thing. Deleted over half my apps, same thing. Tried newer and older versions of link. Same thing. Un installed and re installed, tried on another computer. Same thing. Each time. And it keeps insisting I update my software. Ok I finally let it do that, nothing changed went to backup, it failed again. Unplugged it and it insists I update when I plug it back in. I give up.

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    05-05-13 12:48 AM
    Ryankid try this on your pc:

Start>Run, type"cmd" (without the quotes), then click OK or press the ENTER key, which will open a command prompt.
    Type "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotes), and press the ENTER key.
    Type "exit" (without the quotes) to close the window.
    05-05-13 12:57 AM
    Ryankid try this on your pc:

Start>Run, type"cmd" (without the quotes), then click OK or press the ENTER key, which will open a command prompt.
    Type "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotes), and press the ENTER key.
    Type "exit" (without the quotes) to close the window.
    Tried that a few times already. Thanks though.

What I find interesting is this:
    When I install Link, the extractor window is still open, even after installation. Wouldn't close unless I hit cancel. If I go into the control panel, go to uninstall settings and click Link, then repair, it will start installation, but stop stating an '.msi' file cannot be found. If I use the '.exe' file that I download for Link, the installation will go through, but again, the extractor window will remain open. Wondering if this is the cause of my problems.
    05-05-13 01:12 AM
    what pc and window are you running?
    05-05-13 01:32 AM
    what pc and window are you running?
    An HP Pavilion with Windows 7, Service Pack 1
    05-05-13 01:40 AM
    oh same as me you should not have any problem

what country are you from

walk me through your set up
    05-05-13 01:44 AM
    oh same as me you should not have any problem

what country are you from

walk me through your set up
    United States.
    Download Link from BlackBerry's website, open. It starts extracting. I follow the steps, finish, launch Link. It crashes immediately. The extraction window lingers until I close it.
    05-05-13 01:48 AM
    is it 1.1.0.33?
    05-05-13 01:51 AM
117 123 ...