Aside from the aforementioned SMS issues if you stick with the newer radio, the only drawback to going 10.3.1 instead of the stock OS is there is no Adobe Flash support in the browser. If that's a must for your kid, stay stock
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    12-05-14 04:05 PM
    I would use the Blitz method for loading 1154. There are stickies on loading Sachesi 2.0 and downloading the Zip OS. Sachesi recognizes your phone and automatically loads the OS - non-destructively.
    No contact loss or multiplication.
    I never autoload now. Loaded 1154 on both my Z30 and Passport.

Cloaking Device & Special Opps Commander for the Peevishlicious Crew on SQW-100-1 10.3.1.1154
    Do not do this. If you do and then load the better radio from 996 it will softbrick your phone. That is why I have said that multiple times in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 04:21 PM
    Just curious - how did you convince your daughter to go with a BlackBerry? Isn't she afraid of being ridiculed by all of her iphone-toting girlfriends? Every time I'm driving with my daughter (12 year old) in the car, I have her send a message to someone or look something up with my phone just so she can see how great the Q10 is. She doesn't suspect I'm doing it to get her to give up the iPhone, but she does always comment how easy it is to use for messaging. I'd love to get her on a Z30 or Q10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    12-05-14 04:55 PM
    I know the unlocked Z30 (non verizon) was on Black Friday sale...did the Verizon Z30 go on sale and I missed it?
    12-05-14 05:02 PM
    I know the unlocked Z30 (non verizon) was on Black Friday sale...did the Verizon Z30 go on sale and I missed it?
    No. But the Verizon one is on sale right now on Amazon. Go there and search for it.
    marka_450 likes this.
    12-05-14 05:06 PM
    Just curious - how did you convince your daughter to go with a BlackBerry? Isn't she afraid of being ridiculed by all of her iphone-toting girlfriends? Every time I'm driving with my daughter (12 year old) in the car, I have her send a message to someone or look something up with my phone just so she can see how great the Q10 is. She doesn't suspect I'm doing it to get her to give up the iPhone, but she does always comment how easy it is to use for messaging. I'd love to get her on a Z30 or Q10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Q10
    It was pretty easy. She wanted the features of her current android ( expandable memory, hdmi out, etc)
    There are not any android devices on vzw that I found that offer those features. I was going to get her a S5 but she does not want that big of a device plus no hdmi out

STL-4. 10.3.1.1154
    anon(19759) likes this.
    12-05-14 05:48 PM
    That stinks! Just an FYI - Amazon has the Z30 for $79.99 on 2 year contract.

You downloaded the 10.3.1.1154 autoloader too, correct?
    Yeah I screwed myself on the phone price. Had already ordered on vzw's website before finding out the amazon deal. Vzw wouldn't let me cancel before shipping.

Yeah 1154 autoloader downloaded too

STL-4. 10.3.1.1154
    12-05-14 05:51 PM
    I had been using autoloaders for the latest 10.3 leaks until I noted that Verizon saw my device as "unknown" when I looked in MyVerizon.

When I tried to upgrade my monthly data (when they reduced prices I went from 6gb to 10 for the same money), they would not upgrade my account until the "unknown" went away (I had to reload 10.2.1.299 which is easy enough to do).

It might be an issue if you have to get any kind of service early on at the store.
    I have not had that problem at all on any of 10.3 OS's.

STL-4. 10.3.1.1154
    12-05-14 05:52 PM
    I have vzn z30 Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154

Only "issue" I have is device monitor doesn't work. Other than that all is good. I doubt your daughter will care about the device monitor anyway

I am.... Mrs Peevishlicious
    12-05-14 05:54 PM
    Pretty much zero issues here. Didn't downgrade radio and don't see sms issues but I don't send many. Battery is fine for me. But I do live close to towers and don't travel much and my wifi is very close always also. I wish I regularly used more usb otg and hdmi out and Bluetooth but I don't light usage only.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 06:36 PM
    I had been using autoloaders for the latest 10.3 leaks until I noted that Verizon saw my device as "unknown" when I looked in MyVerizon.

When I tried to upgrade my monthly data (when they reduced prices I went from 6gb to 10 for the same money), they would not upgrade my account until the "unknown" went away (I had to reload 10.2.1.299 which is easy enough to do).

It might be an issue if you have to get any kind of service early on at the store.
    Ran into that a couple times about a year ago. Assumed it was due to mine being a test device. Each time I had to call, because it treated the phone as a tablet, and they fixed it on their end. Just an FYI
    12-05-14 06:39 PM
    Yeah I screwed myself on the phone price. Had already ordered on vzw's website before finding out the amazon deal. Vzw wouldn't let me cancel before shipping.

Yeah 1154 autoloader downloaded too

STL-4. 10.3.1.1154
    You can always take it back to the VZW store and then order the other. I think you get like a 30 trial period before you're committed.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 07:01 PM
    I've loaded 10.3.1.1016 and had random reboots. Loaded 10.3.1.1154 and still had the same problem. Probably happens once every 2 - 3 days. Not sure why this is happening. Besides that, the leak runs pretty good. Android apps run much better compared to 10.2 and battery life is better.
    12-05-14 08:04 PM
    I'm running 1154 and it works better than any previous version. The only thing was the radio file seemed to cause a little bit of a battery drain, signal issues and missed MMS/SMS. I changed it to the radio 996 and it seems to work great.

Directions on how to change the radio:

- Install OS 10.3.1.1154 destructively. An autoloader will work fine. If you do not do a destructive install it will soft brick your device and you will have to sideload the core bar to fix it.
    - Install radio 10.3.1.996 with the autoloader Thurask has on his bitcasa archive.

Easy.

Link to Thurask's OS archive: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/

-Freeze
    I wonder why the z30 radio is almost twice the size of the rest?
    12-05-14 08:04 PM
    Do not do this. If you do and then load the better radio from 996 it will softbrick your phone. That is why I have said that multiple times in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    .996 radio did not fix the problem for me. I'm going to try the other one later today.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 06:40 AM
    I've been getting the old limited WiFi notice lately on the leak. Hate that and why can't they fix it.
    12-06-14 06:49 AM
    .996 radio did not fix the problem for me. I'm going to try the other one later today.

Posted via CB10
    Try 939.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 08:28 AM
    I look at all the various answers in here and wonder,...? Do I really want all these issues for my kid? Stands to reason if the phone works out of the box, she will never know? Only you, and your not using it. I would just set it up and wait until the new OS releases. I think it will bring you peace of mind. good luck with your decision.
    12-06-14 10:31 AM
    1154 working perfect for me except no Visual Voice Mail on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 02:35 PM
    1154 working perfect for me except no Visual Voice Mail on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    I have a walk through on how to get vvm working on any 10.3.1 os. It's in the 10.3.0.1052 thread. Never made a new one.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    12-06-14 03:52 PM
    I look at all the various answers in here and wonder,...? Do I really want all these issues for my kid? Stands to reason if the phone works out of the box, she will never know? Only you, and your not using it. I would just set it up and wait until the new OS releases. I think it will bring you peace of mind. good luck with your decision.
    What issues? Only thing that has been brought up is texts and there is a fix for that.

ALL OS's have bugs regardless if they are official or not. IMO the features of 10.3 vs 10.2 are worth the sms workaround .

STL-4. 10.3.1.1154
    Furell likes this.
    12-06-14 04:30 PM
    I have vzn z30 Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154

Only "issue" I have is device monitor doesn't work. Other than that all is good. I doubt your daughter will care about the device monitor anyway

I am.... Mrs Peevishlicious
    Same for me. I have used all the 10.3.x leaks as well and never an issue that I couldn't fix. I do non-destructive and my SMS and MMS work.
    Furell and moody like this.
    12-06-14 05:25 PM
    Well first off your daughter is a very lucky girl! Like others have said I recommend a fresh 10.3.1.1154 autoloader from there depending on if she plans to use a lot of android apps (which I'm sure she will) drop the runtime down to .1016 Then depending on where you live use a radio only autoloader to drop the radio to either .939 or .996. I know instagram works fully on the .1154 runtime but it doesn't play nice with a lot of other android apps like spotify (you lose all the album/cover art) and some games just don't work. I don't know how big she is on social media but Igrann will satisfy when on .1016 runtime. I also used JoBudden's workaround to get my VZ VVM to work so that's an option if she uses VVM. I can say I'm not experiencing any major issues on my setup and all the android apps I have work great. One last thing I recommend is get her a nice Qi charger. It's one of the perks of having a VZ Z30 I can't tell how much I use mine every night, I just set my Berry down on my night stand and it's charging no fussing or looking for the power cable plus it saves a lot of wear and tear on the usb port. I have like five different Qi chargers (I like them all) just find the one that'll work for her. Good luck to you and I hope your daughter enjoys her new Z30!

Ruling the air with my '30, 10.3.1, and big red! Accept no substitute.
    moody likes this.
    12-06-14 05:28 PM
    What issues? Only thing that has been brought up is texts and there is a fix for that.

ALL OS's have bugs regardless if they are official or not. IMO the features of 10.3 vs 10.2 are worth the sms workaround .

STL-4. 10.3.1.1154
    You started this thread, people offered advice. If you want to be a cheerleader for loading leaks, why ask?

I can't answer the original question for you. I don't know your daughter, how old she is, whether she lives at home for you to resolve an issue should one arise, or be left to call the carrier for support.

There's a couple things I do know. While I use leaks, I seldom recommend them. People that do should be knowledgeable enough to understand the risks, and the time to solve them. I also know enough to take or leave advice when asking for it, instead of arguing about it.

It's a leak. The bugs vary not by model, but person by person. Are there potential problems with official too? Of course, but you won't find them in near the frequency.

Peace man! Do what you want, for your daughter.
    12-06-14 05:33 PM
    You started this thread, people offered advice. If you want to be a cheerleader for loading leaks, why ask?

I can't answer the original question for you. I don't know your daughter, how old she is, whether she lives at home for you to resolve an issue should one arise, or be left to call the carrier for support.

There's a couple things I do know. While I use leaks, I seldom recommend them. People that do should be knowledgeable enough to understand the risks, and the time to solve them. I also know enough to take or leave advice when asking for it, instead of arguing about it.

It's a leak. The bugs vary not by model, but person by person. Are there potential problems with official too? Of course, but you won't find them in near the frequency.

Peace man! Do what you want, for your daughter.
    I hear you man but I think the OP feels (correct me if I'm wrong OP) that the benefits and features of these leaks FAR out weight the minor issues. To be honest I feel the exact same way. If you feel comfortable and know what you're doing then why not? The pros far out weight the cons but hey that's just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Ruling the air with my '30, 10.3.1, and big red! Accept no substitute.
    12-06-14 05:42 PM
82 1234