Okay, I like many others, I lost my VVM on previous leak 1055 (Verizon Z10). I installed new leak 1259, and did a restore because I did not want to have to re-do all my Bluetooth pairings (lots), all my network passwords (lots), all my Word Substitution entries (lots), and did not want to lose all my keyboard training that the phone learned based on my typing habits. Anyway, new OS is working great, but my VVM is still gone, presumably because of the restore. Is there any possible way around a wipe without Settings restore to get it back? A BAR file side load maybe? Anyone???

God I wish Link had selective restore like old BBOS allowed.
    12-21-13 09:17 AM
    A couple of us were trying on our z30 (Verizon device on att network) and first boot of the os it works great. After a reboot it disappears again though. It does bring notification and you have to "call" voicemail the first time after reboot and it will comeback.... somewhat.
    long in short, it is pretty much same issue of 1055 with or without restore.
    12-21-13 11:40 AM
    Thanks for the reply!
    Well, I'll be able to add feedback to my own thread soon. I bit the bullet (sigh), and reloaded 1259 without restore. I currently have VVM back, but lets see how long it lasts. Someone mentioned that loading APK's made VVM disappear. I have not loaded any as of yet - a little worried to try...lol

Everything is mostly back in place now. All my VERY MANY accounts, most of my settings, reinstalled all of my VERY MANY apps (except APK's). Used SMS backup to restore my SMS messages, used Firechest to restore Remember and some other files, re-did most of my Word Substitution entries (the ones I could remember). Re-sync'ed Calandar, Contacts, Tasks. Still need to organize everything again, unlink all of the damn links in my contacts (SURE wish it would not do that - or offer an option), re-pair all of my bluetooth devices, etc, etc.....

Damn, I hope VVM does not disappear again after all of this.... lol
    12-21-13 12:38 PM
    Good luck
    I have already loaded apks... I have not rebooted since my install last night yet so I have it still. Lets hope it stays though.
    I get annoyed at little things not working right hahaha
    12-21-13 12:56 PM
    Thanks for the reply!
    Well, I'll be able to add feedback to my own thread soon. I bit the bullet (sigh), and reloaded 1259 without restore. I currently have VVM back, but lets see how long it lasts. Someone mentioned that loading APK's made VVM disappear. I have not loaded any as of yet - a little worried to try...lol

Everything is mostly back in place now. All my VERY MANY accounts, most of my settings, reinstalled all of my VERY MANY apps (except APK's). Used SMS backup to restore my SMS messages, used Firechest to restore Remember and some other files, re-did most of my Word Substitution entries (the ones I could remember). Re-sync'ed Calandar, Contacts, Tasks. Still need to organize everything again, unlink all of the damn links in my contacts (SURE wish it would not do that - or offer an option), re-pair all of my bluetooth devices, etc, etc.....

Well you're a trooper. I moved back to 1791 and will stay here indefinitely until there is another similarly flawless os improvement in the future.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 12:57 PM
    Okay, I like many others, I lost my VVM on previous leak 1055 (Verizon Z10). I installed new leak 1259, and did a restore because I did not want to have to re-do all my Bluetooth pairings (lots), all my network passwords (lots), all my Word Substitution entries (lots), and did not want to lose all my keyboard training that the phone learned based on my typing habits. Anyway, new OS is working great, but my VVM is still gone, presumably because of the restore. Is there any possible way around a wipe without Settings restore to get it back? A BAR file side load maybe? Anyone???

God I wish Link had selective restore like old BBOS allowed.
    I had vvm issue on 1055. Managed to get it to stay by not turning off or rebooting. When I loaded 1259 this is one of the few times I did a full restore and vvm is sticking through reboots and turning off the phone. It's working perfectly. I also have several apks installed and yes I'm on VZW.

From my oh so pretty Z30!
    12-21-13 01:26 PM
    Thanks for the reply!

If and when you have to reboot the phone please let us know if it's still there. If not, are you able to get it back by manually calling VM?

Strangely I find it disappearing even on 1809 after a reboot. But I'm able to get it back by calling into VM. With 1055 I could not.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.0.1809
    12-21-13 04:02 PM
    I have rebooted several times already. It is still there.

Now I have installed 7 APK's, rebooted, and VVM still there.
    Last edited by jhimmel; 12-21-13 at 07:23 PM.
    mopar_fxr and howards like this.
    12-21-13 04:33 PM
    To restore vvm I called my phone, put in the pin and hung up. Next my Q10 asked for the voice mail password which I entered. From then on I've had vvm available even after multiple reboots.

Hope that helps if anyone is having any problem.

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    12-22-13 11:53 AM
    I too had to reboot today and it is still there. So appears the issue is much less prevalent. I do know another z30 on att that loses his still though.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 01:28 PM