Hey guys!

I've spent quite some time trying to connect a BlackBerry Leap with BlackBerry OS 10.3 to a StrongSwan VPN using IKEv2 with EAP-MSCHAPv2 Authentication. Unfortunately the logs on the BlackBerry are very high level and don't give any details. What I was able to find out searching the server logs was this:

The BlackBerry succeeds in finishing the IKE_SA_INIT and sends an IKE_AUTH request to the server.

On the server side the request is parsed and the matching config is chosen. The server decides to send an EAP_IDENTITY request to the BlackBerry.
    Therefor it creates a IKE_AUTH response [ IDr CERT AUTH EAP/REQ/ID ] and sends it to the BlackBerry.

At this point the BlackBerry refuses to go any further. It throws a Connection Error saying Authentication Failure and never answers the request. The server deletes the half open IKE_SA after timeout.

The log on the BlackBerry only contains one message:
    Error - Can't authenticate. Check your login information, and try again.

I've tried the exact same setup using an Android phone and the StrongSwan App. That works fine. The Android Phone gives its EAP identity as requested and is queried further with another IKE_AUTH response [ EAP/REQ/MSCHAPV2 ] and so on until the connection is successfully established.

Has anyone run into the same problems or maybe even got a solution at hand?
    If someone could clearly identify this as a bug or tell me that it just won't work that way, I'd be happy, too. At least I could stop wasting time then and try something else.

Your's
    bb-onoff
    12-21-17 09:03 AM
    12-21-17 03:28 PM
    Hey guys,

Unfortunately I couldn't figure out what the problem was but I did a fresh install from scratch, including OS installation, leaving the old system which I adopted from a former admin behind. The new installation works now.

Bye
    bb-onoff
    12-22-17 05:26 AM
    Hey guys,

Unfortunately I couldn't figure out what the problem was but I did a fresh install from scratch, including OS installation, leaving the old system which I adopted from a former admin behind. The new installation works now.

Bye
    bb-onoff
    Clean install solves a lot of problems....
    12-22-17 07:17 AM