Hi All,

I am having problems setting up my VPN Connection to my workplace in my blackberry Z30. I use Cisco VPN Concentrator 3000 series as gateway type and XAUTH-PSK Authentication type. My settings for IKE and IPSec are exactly the same settings I used to use in my old Blackberry Torch 9800, where I was able to connect to VPN with no problems, and I can still do it.

I have tried changing my profile, switching between WiFi and Mobile Network, changing Algorithm type to Automatic, but I always have the same error. A popup window says Connection error - General error.

Any suggestions?

VPN General Error-img_20140219_070715.png
    02-19-14 08:27 AM
    Hi All,

I am having problems setting up my VPN Connection to my workplace in my blackberry Z30. I use Cisco VPN Concentrator 3000 series as gateway type and XAUTH-PSK Authentication type. My settings for IKE and IPSec are exactly the same settings I used to use in my old Blackberry Torch 9800, where I was able to connect to VPN with no problems, and I can still do it.

I have tried changing my profile, switching between WiFi and Mobile Network, changing Algorithm type to Automatic, but I always have the same error. A popup window says Connection error - General error.

Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140219_070715.png 
Views:	200 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	249286
    To the best of my knowledge, general error code's referred to any error that prevents successful RADIUS authentication. The most likely root cause of this error is related to IKEv certificate, make sure to prepare and install IKEv certificate properly. Other problems that can occur are:

•The RADIUS protocol handler on your device is using an invalid TCP/IP port.
    •The username encryption algorithm is incorrectly encrypting data.
    •The user RADIUS data is being sent but not properly received in the encapsulated PPP packet.

Here is how I've connected to VPN on Z10 that could be helpful on your case:
    www.purevpn.com/config/blackberry/
    02-21-14 04:05 AM
    Do I need to install any special certificate for this? I never had to do it with my old phone. Is there any way to retrieve that certificate from my 9800?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 01:24 PM
    Ok. I finally found some probable root cause. As I am trying to log in with group authentication, I use a group user and password. My password contains a special character (@). If I get rid of that character it doesn't throw that error anymore, but it obviously does not log in. Any suggestions to walk around this?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 03:04 PM