Those customers aren't nearly enough. Blackberry would be better off losing all its current customers and getting a few percent of the android base.
    That is a terrible gamble. Why give up a sure bet for a long shot?
    Its like Kia going all in on supercars against Ferrari at a higher price point.
    01-09-16 12:54 PM
    BBOS 10, and blackberry Q10, Best smartphone of all times,....

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 12:59 PM
    BB10 and Z30

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2639
    01-09-16 01:00 PM
    bbq10.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 01:03 PM
    The Priv or Vienna both being hardware root locked, why consider them if Blackberry is on the verge of death. You trust Blackberry to provide updates rather than Google. They go under and you have an un-rootable, un-upgradable Android device.
    lift likes this.
    01-09-16 01:15 PM
    The Priv or Vienna both being hardware root locked, why consider them if Blackberry is on the verge of death. You trust Blackberry to provide updates rather than Google. They go under and you have an un-rootable, un-upgradable Android device.
    Wow, good point. I check xda forums now and then. The Priv forum is like a ghost town. There is very little activity anywhere on the net concerning the Priv except here at CrackBerry.
    01-09-16 05:45 PM
    That is a terrible gamble. Why give up a sure bet for a long shot?
    Its like Kia going all in on supercars against Ferrari at a higher price point.
    What is a terrible gamble? Buying a BlackBerry? BB10 is not a sure thing. BB10 is doomed.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 07:04 AM
    That was a brash statement. BlackBerry's current customers have helped keep the company alive and like their BB10 devices. Chen announcing no new BB10 devices this year has sent a shock wave of fear in this community. Users feel abandoned and feel there will never be another BB10 device released.That's causing people (me included) to jump to other companies because they don't like the fact that BlackBerry really doesn't care about them at all. I guess Chen probably planned it this way for a long time. Problem is, there will never be enough NEW android BlackBerry customers to keep BlackBerry in the handset business. Most people think BlackBerry is old school and won't buy their devices, Android or not.
    It isn't enough to survive.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 07:06 AM
    What is a terrible gamble? Buying a BlackBerry? BB10 is not a sure thing. BB10 is doomed.

Posted via CB10
    The terrible gamble is trying to capture sales from an already over saturated market by emulating exactly what your competitors are doing at a higher price point and without advertising. Vs refining a unique product with a pre-existing following to provide what the customer actually wants.
    I am convinced a flagship BB10 device would easily outsell the Priv. Without having the numbers I would wager the Passport outsold the Priv and will continue to do so. Combine a product that people actually want with strategic advertising and Blackberry should hit their numbers.
    lift likes this.
    01-10-16 07:22 AM
    The terrible gamble is trying to capture sales from an already over saturated market by emulating exactly what your competitors are doing at a higher price point and without advertising. Vs refining a unique product with a pre-existing following to provide what the customer actually wants.
    I am convinced a flagship BB10 device would easily outsell the Priv. Without having the numbers I would wager the Passport outsold the Priv and will continue to do so. Combine a product that people actually want with strategic advertising and Blackberry should hit their numbers.

Posted via CB10

No. BB10 is dead. They will not survive making those. They have lost 99% of their business in handsets. Near continual drop. Current customers aren't enough to survive. A risk? Sure. But they're out of options.
    01-10-16 11:33 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Sorry dupe

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 11:33 AM
    Posted via CB10

No. BB10 is dead. They will not survive making those. They have lost 99% of their business in handsets. Near continual drop. Current customers aren't enough to survive. A risk? Sure. But they're out of options.
    Its funny how people always say "BB10 is dead" yet your only way of coming to that conclusion is because Blackberry is floundering badly. Explain to me a reasonable turn around strategy using android, especially considering current events.
    BB10 or its evolutionary counterpart is the only real future for Blackberry. Blackberry lost more sales with BBOS than with BB10. The loss is continued with Priv using android but now they look even more desperate and weak. People simply don't buy from a dying company. The only real turn around would be from stability or at least the illusion of stability. I understand that is what Chen is attempting to do with Priv but my prediction is that it is a bad move. Android people have no reason to try a Blandroid that is root locked and OS updates come from a 3rd party rather than direct from Google. Blackberry WILL playbook the Priv... either when they ditch the handset biz or when they switch back to their own OS.
    They would be much better off to offer a high end all touch BB10 device with high res, good camera and fix the native apps. No need worry about 64 bit yet or hexa core CPUs.. just give the people what they asked for and don't make half a billion for launch. Just look how many Passports sold in the first week without US carrier support. I don't think Priv will hit Passport 1st week numbers for some time, if at all.
    lift likes this.
    01-11-16 06:45 AM
    Its funny how people always say "BB10 is dead" yet your only way of coming to that conclusion is because Blackberry is floundering badly. Explain to me a reasonable turn around strategy using android, especially considering current events.
    BB10 or its evolutionary counterpart is the only real future for Blackberry. Blackberry lost more sales with BBOS than with BB10. The loss is continued with Priv using android but now they look even more desperate and weak. People simply don't buy from a dying company. The only real turn around would be from stability or at least the illusion of stability. I understand that is what Chen is attempting to do with Priv but my prediction is that it is a bad move. Android people have no reason to try a Blandroid that is root locked and OS updates come from a 3rd party rather than direct from Google. Blackberry WILL playbook the Priv... either when they ditch the handset biz or when they switch back to their own OS.
    They would be much better off to offer a high end all touch BB10 device with high res, good camera and fix the native apps. No need worry about 64 bit yet or hexa core CPUs.. just give the people what they asked for and don't make half a billion for launch. Just look how many Passports sold in the first week without US carrier support. I don't think Priv will hit Passport 1st week numbers for some time, if at all.
    Chen explained it. We'll see if it works.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 07:06 AM
    BlackBerry 10 Z30

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 07:13 AM
    Done. Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 07:35 AM
    While I voted I prefer BB10 it's skewed because I haven't used a Priv or Android which I think many others voting BB10 never have either.

I also commented that while I like BB10 it will not be my next phone due to lack of big developer support etc. Just because it's a great OS doesn't make the whole package great.
    01-11-16 07:44 AM
    I haven't used a Priv or Android which I think many others voting BB10 never have either.
    There is a good reason for that. People that truly want privacy and security have been using BlackBerry OS7 and BB10 devices and feel confident using them. BlackBerry users know all about Google and android and prefer to stay away.
    BlackBerry's lie that their Priv is PRIVate is going to get them in trouble.
    01-11-16 10:26 AM
    Voted for BlackBerry 10 and Passport but I wish I could have voted by at least two devices. Z30 would be my other vote.
    lift likes this.
    01-11-16 10:32 AM
    Voted, but will it make any difference?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 12:40 PM
    OS10 and Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-16 12:48 PM
    There is a good reason for that. People that truly want privacy and security have been using BlackBerry OS7 and BB10 devices and feel confident using them. BlackBerry users know all about Google and android and prefer to stay away.
    BlackBerry's lie that their Priv is PRIVate is going to get them in trouble.
    So you prefer one over the other without even trying one? You do know that everything you read on the Internet isn't true?
    01-11-16 12:49 PM
    Voted, but will it make any difference?

Posted via CB10
    No but it might make you feel better.
    kbz1960 and GadgetTravel like this.
    01-11-16 12:51 PM
    So you prefer one over the other without even trying one? You do know that everything you read on the Internet isn't true?
    If you have ever read some of my other posts you would know that I have played around with numerous android devices and just can't get myself to like android at all. I can't speak for what others do or how they vote.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-11-16 02:25 PM
    If you have ever read some of my other posts you would know that I have played around with numerous android devices and just can't get myself to like android at all. I can't speak for what others do or how they vote.
    I won't argue that. But if you have read this forum you would know that a lot of people just don't want to use android because of Google. It has nothing to do with the actual operating system which they have not used.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-11-16 02:29 PM
    I won't argue that. But if you have read this forum you would know that a lot of people just don't want to use android because of Google. It has nothing to do with the actual operating system which they have not used.
    So what's wrong with that? If people hate Google, why would they buy a product that runs a Google operating system and has Google crap plastered all over the device?
    01-11-16 09:56 PM
114 12345