Your silly. 700 votes is not a small sample. Keep making excuses.
    WTF, you can't be serious... Let's say for the sake of argument that there's just a measly one million BB10 devices in use worldwide, so 700 would be approximately 0.7% of all devices; it gets even worse the higher the number of devices in use is ( two million devices would make that 0.35%).

And you're going to say that 700 votes is not a small sample size? Go back to school and learn math kid.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-16 12:55 PM
    WTF, you can't be serious... Let's say for the sake of argument that there's just a measly one million BB10 devices in use worldwide, so 700 would be approximately 0.7% of all devices; it gets even worse the higher the number of devices in use is ( two million devices would make that 0.35%).

And you're going to say that 700 votes is not a small sample size? Go back to school and learn math kid.

Posted via CB10
    ... 600 sample size can represent 10,000,000 with a confidence interval of 4. Its a perfectly good sample size I would say.
    lift likes this.
    01-07-16 01:22 PM
    ... 600 sample size can represent 10,000,000 with a confidence interval of 4. Its a perfectly good sample size I would say.
    Go back to school and learn math kid.
    There is your answer. Who just got schooled?
    01-07-16 02:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're just mad because you are an android boy and the truth hurt you.
    01-07-16 02:03 PM
    John Chen just voted at CES. I think he has a big vote.
    01-07-16 02:34 PM
    You're hilarious; I guess you must have forgotten that certain factors may affect the confidence interval size including size of sample, level of confidence, and population variability. And considering that the poll is targeted to people such as yourselves, then the results are entirely predictable.

There is your answer. Who just got schooled?
    You still need to go back to school, you don't know squat. I mean that.

You're just mad because you are an android boy and the truth hurt you.
    I'm not mad, I'm just not ignorant enough to think that a poll designed and targeted to a very narrow select group proves anything at all.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 06:06 AM
    You're hilarious; I guess you must have forgotten that certain factors may affect the confidence interval size including size of sample, level of confidence, and population variability. And considering that the poll is targeted to people such as yourselves, then the results are entirely predictable.
    Continue on that note... you would conclude that with a 95% certainty rate 50% of the population would jive with these stats. That's how surveys work. That's how statistical analysis works.
    600 sample size would represent the entire Blackberry user base well enough to create a conclusion.
    01-08-16 06:46 AM
    You still need to go back to school, you don't know squat. I mean that.
    Coming from someone that knows squat means nothing. I mean that too.
    01-08-16 07:53 AM
    Continue on that note... you would conclude that with a 95% certainty rate 50% of the population would jive with these stats. That's how surveys work. That's how statistical analysis works.
    600 sample size would represent the entire Blackberry user base well enough to create a conclusion.
    There are dozens of us.
    DOZENS!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1048776

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 10:35 AM
    Voted, BB10 and Passport

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    01-08-16 10:49 AM
    By all means gentlemen. Continue deluding yourselves that a poll designed to target the diehards of a niche means anything at all in the real world; knock yourselves out.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 12:41 PM
    By all means gentlemen. Continue deluding yourselves that a poll designed to target the diehards of a niche means anything at all in the real world; knock yourselves out.

Posted via CB10
    OK, We get it. You don't like the poll and you're angry with the results because everyone didn't pick android. Are you done complaining now?
    01-08-16 02:55 PM
    OK, We get it. You don't like the poll and you're angry with the results because everyone didn't pick android. Are you done complaining now?
    Why do you continue to attack someone for pointing out something so obvious? Worst of all why attack someone with something pulled straight out of your nether regions?

It's simple, the poll is skewed; get over it. It was designed to be skewed.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-16 07:17 PM
    It's simple, the poll is skewed; get over it. It was designed to be skewed.
    LOL
    01-08-16 09:56 PM
    Bb10 os and z30

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 05:07 AM
    10, 10, a thousand times ten!!

Posted via CBX
    01-09-16 07:26 AM
    You can vote now which OS you like on a BlackBerry device.

New Year New OS? Or Not? ? BlackBerry Exclusive ? C00305138

Posted via CB10
    Did you post this thread and link on Android Central? Because if you didn't then this endeavor is just confirmation bias.

It's the equivalent of me posting a poll on a Ford forum "which is better, Mustang or Camaro?"

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    01-09-16 09:38 AM
    600 sample size would represent the entire Blackberry user base
    Truncated for truth

01-09-16 09:39 AM
    I'm for BB10 but also good with Android as long as it has an easy to use and well integrated HUB with push email.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 10:03 AM
    Did you post this thread and link on Android Central? Because if you didn't then this endeavor is just confirmation bias.

It's the equivalent of me posting a poll on a Ford forum "which is better, Mustang or Camaro?"

Pretty sure the poll is targeted at current blackberry users.... seeing how its asking if "we want a new OS or not"
    Asking on android central gives irrelevant data.

It would be the equivalent of asking on a ford forum Navistar international vs ford diesel .
    lift likes this.
    01-09-16 10:17 AM
    The why bother? OF COURSE over 90% of current BB10 owners will want BB10 on their next phone. If the people who owned BlackBerry 10 hated it, the OS would have been gone in 2014 or sooner.

Ask the same of IOS or android and you'll get the same percentage results unless most are unhappy with their devices. And regardless of OS, it's easy to see that most are happy with what they already own.

Again, pointless confirmation bias. In a month or two, someone will link to that "poll" and say "Chen is an *****! He can't see that 96% of the people want a new BB10 phone!"

01-09-16 10:56 AM
    The why bother? OF COURSE over 90% of current BB10 owners will want BB10 on their next phone. If the people who owned BlackBerry 10 hated it, the OS would have been gone in 2014 or sooner.

Ask the same of IOS or android and you'll get the same percentage results unless most are unhappy with their devices. And regardless of OS, it's easy to see that most are happy with what they already own.

Again, pointless confirmation bias. In a month or two, someone will link to that "poll" and say "Chen is an *****! He can't see that 96% of the people want a new BB10 phone!"

You seem to completely miss the point.
    If they cant keep current customers there is no way they will survive while trying to solely bring over android crowd who are "happy with what they already own" by advertising "BB10 like" experience.
    if 90% of the sample that represents the 22 or so million BB users will not purchase an android powered blackberry they are likely to bleed away the last of the remaining market share they have. They say the average BB user phone life cycle is 3 or so years? yet the predominate population of BB users are on BBOS devices that are no longer produced. They are missing a massive opportunity to hit that 5 million per quarter sales number with just current users alone. Its a much harder sell to bring outsiders in than to just provide something a "biased" consumer already wants.
    lift likes this.
    01-09-16 11:07 AM
    If they cant keep current customers there is no way they will survive while trying to solely bring over android crowd who are "happy with what they already own" by advertising "BB10 like" experience.
    Thank You. I have been saying this for a long time now. Most BB10 users that really like the OS do not want to jump to android. Blackberry thinks current BB10 users will jump to the Priv in large numbers but it is not happening. BlackBerry is losing loyal BB10 users. Who is going to keep buying BB10 devices if they see a platform that is losing users and support. So instead of jumping to the Priv, people are feeling let down by BlackBerry and jumping to other platforms and moving away from BlackBerry totally.
    01-09-16 11:57 AM
    Thank You. I have been saying this for a long time now. Most BB10 users that really like the OS do not want to jump to android. Blackberry thinks current BB10 users will jump to the Priv in large numbers but it is not happening. BlackBerry is losing loyal BB10 users. Who is going to keep buying BB10 devices if they see a platform that is losing users and support. So instead of jumping to the Priv, people are feeling let down by BlackBerry and jumping to other platforms and moving away from BlackBerry totally.
    Those customers aren't nearly enough. Blackberry would be better off losing all its current customers and getting a few percent of the android base.
    01-09-16 12:00 PM
    Those customers aren't nearly enough. Blackberry would be better off losing all its current customers and getting a few percent of the android base.
    That was a brash statement. BlackBerry's current customers have helped keep the company alive and like their BB10 devices. Chen announcing no new BB10 devices this year has sent a shock wave of fear in this community. Users feel abandoned and feel there will never be another BB10 device released.That's causing people (me included) to jump to other companies because they don't like the fact that BlackBerry really doesn't care about them at all. I guess Chen probably planned it this way for a long time. Problem is, there will never be enough NEW android BlackBerry customers to keep BlackBerry in the handset business. Most people think BlackBerry is old school and won't buy their devices, Android or not.
    01-09-16 12:27 PM
114 1234 ...