I think when it comes to tech, the "senior stereotype" is played out these days and becoming more and more irrelevant.

Mostly because, as time goes on, seniors are more tech-savvy. If nothing else, they've been more exposed to computers in general long before they transitioned into their senior years. I'm 55 now, but have been around computers since the mid-80s. I don't think I'll suddenly want a Jitterbug phone once I turn 60 just because my eyes aren't what they used to be.

I have noticed more recently adverts targeting seniors about cell phone plans, but specifically stating access to all the latest smartphones like the iPhone and Galaxy models. So, there is a bit of a shift there - marketing-wise.
    eshropshire likes this.
    02-24-21 09:32 AM
    I think when it comes to tech, the "senior stereotype" is played out these days and becoming more and more irrelevant.

Mostly because, as time goes on, seniors are more tech-savvy. If nothing else, they've been more exposed to computers in general long before they transitioned into their senior years. I'm 55 now, but have been around computers since the mid-80s. I don't think I'll suddenly want a Jitterbug phone once I turn 60 just because my eyes aren't what they used to be.

I have noticed more recently adverts targeting seniors about cell phone plans, but specifically stating access to all the latest smartphones like the iPhone and Galaxy models. So, there is a bit of a shift there - marketing-wise.
    I agree. I'm sort of in that first generation of everyday geeks too that grew up with the first home computers during primary school in the 70s. I'll be 53 on Saint Patty's Day.
    02-24-21 09:35 AM
    I look at my nine month old granddaughter that can not talk yet... but she understand how to swipe on her moms phone to change an image.

My guess is the "jitterbug" market is about as big and healthy as the PKB market is.... just think rather than four or five options of the same flip phone, there would be "other" options.
    02-24-21 02:42 PM
    I look at my nine month old granddaughter that can not talk yet... but she understand how to swipe on her moms phone to change an image.

My guess is the "jitterbug" market is about as big and healthy as the PKB market is.... just think rather than four or five options of the same flip phone, there would be "other" options.
    I was thinking the same. I have not seen a Jitterbug commercial for awhile.
    02-24-21 02:44 PM
    Getting where cars are the same thing way....

I understand why Ford went with the design of their new EV.... but why call it a Mustang? Small to midsize SUV's are here to stay.
    02-24-21 03:47 PM

I understand why Ford went with the design of their new EV.... but why call it a Mustang? Small to midsize SUV's are here to stay.
    Yep a disgrace to the Mustang nameplate. Might as well have called it the Pinto 2021 EV
    eshropshire likes this.
    02-24-21 04:37 PM

Let's calm down there, just cause crossovers and SUV's are getting more popular, doesn't mean that's all that will be produced.

Thankfully, not every industry is as stale as the smartphone one.
    02-24-21 08:12 PM
    Let's calm down there, just cause crossovers and SUV's are getting more popular, doesn't mean that's all that will be produced.

Thankfully, not every industry is as stale as the smartphone one.
    Well, I believe Ford has dropped all car production except for the Mustang and others may continue the initial trend depending on human demographics.
    02-24-21 09:39 PM
    VoLTE Solution?-tblackberryphones.png

So this is straight from an AT&T document hosted on their website; it looks like after the cutoff, no BB10 phones will work on AT&T. Even the ones they sold.
    02-24-21 09:52 PM
    Yep a disgrace to the Mustang nameplate. Might as well have called it the Pinto 2021 EV
    Hey, I learned to drive a stick shift in my Dad's '74 Pinto.
    02-24-21 09:56 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AT&TBlackBerryPhones.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	450444

So this is straight from an AT&T document hosted on their website; it looks like after the cutoff, no BB10 phones will work on AT&T. Even the ones they sold.
    Yeah, we've been referencing that chart for a year.
    02-24-21 10:01 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AT&TBlackBerryPhones.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	450444

That's correct.
    02-24-21 10:07 PM
    I agree. I'm sort of in that first generation of everyday geeks too that grew up with the first home computers during primary school in the 70s. I'll be 53 on Saint Patty's Day.
    I turn 51 the next day.. That's hilarious... I'll get you a Jitterbug if you'd like.
    02-24-21 10:32 PM
    I turn 51 the next day.. That's hilarious... I'll get you a Jitterbug if you'd like.
    I have a great DVD player for you.
    02-24-21 10:44 PM
    You guys are making me feel old!
    02-25-21 06:48 AM
    You guys are making me feel old!
    Please speak to Father Time with any complaints.... Add my complaint in with yours....LMAO
    02-25-21 08:04 AM
    Please speak to Father Time with any complaints.... Add my complaint in with yours....LMAO
    Give me the address, I’m composing the letter now.
    02-25-21 08:59 AM
42 12