I accidentally deleted the voicemail (and it's icon) from my speed dial. How do I restore it?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 12:43 PM
    I didn't even know that could be done.. the option to 'remove from speed dial' is grayed out for me when it comes to the voice mail icon..

If you can tell us how you managed to delete it, maybe we can reverse engineer that to help you restore it...
    08-19-13 01:15 PM
    Yes, it is deletable, at least on the Z10. My solution, for a different reason, was to extract the voice mail icon, add my voice mail to my contact list complete with pause and password and then add a new tile for it. Works like a charm.
    08-19-13 02:10 PM
    Yes, it is deletable, at least on the Z10. My solution, for a different reason, was to extract the voice mail icon, add my voice mail to my contact list complete with pause and password and then add a new tile for it. Works like a charm.
    Doesn't work like a charm for me. Verizon Z10 doesn't recognize the pause function even with your separate contact solution. Hasn't on my phone from day 1 up to and including 5 minutes ago when I tried to edit it again just to see. Pause does not work with voice mail no matter how you have it configured. It does work with other contacts.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 03:00 PM
    How did you extract the voice mail icon?

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 03:11 PM
    How did you extract the voice mail icon?

Posted via CB10
    Darcy's tools

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 03:58 PM
    Doesn't work like a charm for me. Verizon Z10 doesn't recognize the pause function even with your separate contact solution. Hasn't on my phone from day 1 up to and including 5 minutes ago when I tried to edit it again just to see. Pause does not work with voice mail no matter how you have it configured. It does work with other contacts.

Posted via CB10
    You do have to add it like a regular contact. In other words, I created a standard contact and named it: "voicemail - cell" So if it works with your other contacts it should work this way. I was in no way referring to adding a pause in the voicemail account settings as that is baked in and tied to your carrier. And that method would not work for me either on AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 04:02 PM
    You do have to add it like a regular contact. In other words, I created a standard contact and named it: "voicemail - cell" So if it works with your other contacts it should work this way. I was in no way referring to adding a pause in the voicemail account settings as that is baked in and tied to your carrier. And that method would not work for me either on AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    I guess I didn't make myself clear. My wife tells me that a lot. LOL. I did add it as a standard contact with a pause, which doesn't work for me. Perhaps I need to remove the original voice mail icon or maybe its a Verizon thing, among other Verizon things!

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 04:36 PM
    I guess I didn't make myself clear. My wife tells me that a lot. LOL. I did add it as a standard contact with a pause, which doesn't work for me. Perhaps I need to remove the original voice mail icon or maybe its a Verizon thing, among other Verizon things!

Posted via CB10
    Yes - you have to remove the original icon and name the new one something unique and add the new one.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 05:02 PM
    Yes - you have to remove the original icon and name the new one something unique and add the new one.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, I will see what I can do. Although, as much as I read these forums, I'm not really savvy enough to try and do anything too complicated. I'm not ever in such a rush that an extra tap or two will ruin my day, like it does so many others here. :-)

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    08-19-13 05:08 PM