When I switched from iphone 5 to galaxy s3 I really, really missed the visual voicemail iphone had. Now that I've sold my S3 and am getting the Z10 I was hoping I could have this feature back. I can't find anything specific though. Does anyone know? I'll be with Telus but can easily switch if either Bell or Rogers has something.
    01-31-13 05:30 PM
    If the Z10 supports it, Telus doesn't seem to have it. But the iPhone seems to be the only phone they offer with Visual Voicemail, rather annoyingly.
    01-31-13 05:34 PM
    I think the iPhone is the only phone that supports it out of the box.

But it's possible your carrier can add that option in the future like they do with Android phones. I know my carrier (Verizon) has a visual voicemail app for previous BlackBerry and Android phones.
    01-31-13 05:41 PM
    My 9900 is capable, but AT&T charges extra for it.
    01-31-13 08:42 PM
    My 9900 has it too, but ATT doesn't charge me extra.
    01-31-13 08:45 PM
    Maybe it's the plan you have, but VV is an upgrade for me which I have no use for.
    01-31-13 09:12 PM
    I use VV all the time on my 9800.
    01-31-13 10:10 PM
    My 9900 is capable, but AT&T charges extra for it.
    Had visual voice mail on my 9000, then 9800, now my 9810 all on AT&T with no charge...
    01-31-13 10:51 PM
    You could always do what I've done for years and use Google Voice as your Voicemail client. Even if people don't call your GV number you can still have it set up as your default voicemail.
    01-31-13 11:04 PM
    This is what it looks like under my account options.

01-31-13 11:20 PM
    Looks like Bell has visual voicemail, Telus and Rogers no. Correct me if I'm wrong. Its a no brainer for me - l need visual voicemail. I positively hate voicemail to text.
    02-05-13 01:47 AM
    all android and ios devices support this out of the box. with google voice on android it even shows your voicemails to you right in the call history, i hope this feature exists on bb10 as i'm eager to purchase a z10 in the US but the features i'll be losing moving from android are slowly piling up.
    02-05-13 03:26 PM
    >I think the iPhone is the only phone that supports it out of the box.
    Windows Phone also support visual voicemail out the box. In the UK, the carriers only seem to enable it for iPhone (and not all of them!) Vodafone are doing it for iPhone soon, and WP after that. I've not heard of plans for BB yet. Probably costs carriers infrastructure.
    02-05-13 04:41 PM
    My 9800 had VVM installed and running "out of the box" as well.
    02-05-13 04:55 PM
    Rogers told me today after i called them and they told me it was a minor (Major) Oversite and they will be added in a os update coming very soon. So for now No rogers visual voicemail. For anybody who has not used it on the os 7.1 it was fantastic better than iOS because it not only gave you the list of voice mails to listen too it also transcribed the voicemail to text and was super easy to forward or print. Lets hope it going to be simular to what it was like before.
    02-05-13 05:31 PM
    AT&T supports VVM out of the box on BB10 you just need to set it up

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-05-13 05:36 PM
    i don't really know why a carrier needs to "support" it, it's not a feature that you need from your carrier to get working on android. it just forwards to your google voice number which is your voicemail and syncs with your phone. the functionality is identical, and more powerful than using something the carrier provides you with. been using it for years on android with tmobile and att, never had to deal with it as a feature from the carrier.
    02-05-13 07:25 PM
    i don't really know why a carrier needs to "support" it, it's not a feature that you need from your carrier to get working on android. it just forwards to your google voice number which is your voicemail and syncs with your phone. the functionality is identical, and more powerful than using something the carrier provides you with. been using it for years on android with tmobile and att, never had to deal with it as a feature from the carrier.
    1) The visual voicemail feature is available through Google Voice, not Android per se.
    2) those voice mails, and their transcriptions are available to any phone either through the GV app or by setting it to text/email you the transcription and voice clip.
    3) As for integration with the dialer, that was a cool feature on my Nexus 4, but then again, that's Google integrating their own voicemail client with their phone.
    4) The visual voicemail on the 9900 also transcribed the audio and was in the call list, so it was the exact same thing.
    02-05-13 09:13 PM
    AT&T supports VVM out of the box on BB10 you just need to set it up

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    And how do I do this?

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 06:39 PM
    I have VVM on my Z10 and I'm on Rogers. My wife couldn't get it for her iPhone 5 from Rogers and instead went with a third party app.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 10:05 AM
    I have it on my AT&T Z10. Had to set it up myself though. Found documentation from AT&T through their help site.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 10:55 AM
    My z10 (from Fido, in Canada - which is really Rogers) had Visual Voicemail on it when I first got it. We are talking about the text messages that you receive, with the transcription of the voicemail someone just left you, right?

It had it, when I first got it. At some point, I seemed to have lost it. I believe I lost it, after the first 10.1 release got pushed to my phone.

I called Fido about it once, to ask what happened to it, and the support person I was talking to, didn't seem to know too much about it, and suggested I try rebooting my phone. I didn't want to waste my time with unknowledable support people on the phone.

My current plan, is supposed to still have it (it's listed on my plan details). Maybe one day, I'll bug them about it again. I just call into my voice-mail.
    09-05-13 01:50 PM
    We are talking about the text messages that you receive, with the transcription of the voicemail someone just left you, right?
    No. Rogers also had a voicemail to text service where the message was converted to a text message you could read.

Visual Voice Mail displays voice messages in the hub essentially as media files. You don't dial into the VM service, the messages are sent to the phone. You play them back and listen to them and they're stored on the phone.
    09-05-13 02:28 PM
    I'm on Bell with Q10 and I have Visual Voice mail since MR update. I enjoy this feature. No text just a standard BlackBerry notification and in the Hub there is a VVM inbox. It was always there but the actual service did not kick in until MR update.
    09-05-13 03:03 PM
    I have it on my AT&T Z10. Had to set it up myself though. Found documentation from AT&T through their help site.

Posted via CB10
    Link me? I cannot find it

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 03:41 PM
36 12