I saw some videos on the lasts wks.... and I think that VC is totally useless.
    I don't understand why BB continues to add poor native apps....
    there aren't any apps that is the best of alternatives platforms.
    yeah, there is bbm...but works only on BB....

Blackberry....wake up!!!!!
    02-16-13 06:30 AM
    Hey if BB doesn't work for you.. There are plenty of alternatives out there.. Just as pick one and move on.. I think the features of the z10 are great, different and they phone has tremendous potential. Not sure what the purpose of your post is or even if you have used the z10. If it doesn't work for you then switch
    brian4591, PPL, keel999 and 2 others like this.
    02-16-13 06:43 AM
    Saw some videos. Does that mean you haven't used it yet? Always amazes me that people can comment on something that they have never used. It has worked well for me, no voice control software is perfect and it beats Siri in a tests, so go and post something on the imore forums replacing BlackBerry with Apple.

Fool.
    jesse_h, seanpriest and Jince like this.
    02-16-13 06:43 AM
    I haven't used the voice control much but have played with it a tiny bit. It seems to work fine. I do try to speak clearly. Personally I don't have a huge use for it, but to say it's useless if you haven't even tried it is a bit rich.
    02-16-13 06:51 AM
    So your post is regards to voice control being useless and you bash everything else. Just to answer your questions.. The voice control is great.. Cause I have a z10.. I'm amazed how well the phone recognizes my voice and how many options I can use for it especially taking great dictation. The apps are coming along and games run fantastic. The phone is very fluid and smooth and I've never used a phone that is so efficient with the peak and flow and the predictive keyboard. I'm still learning great features on it and it feels so natural to use. BB really really surprised me with the z10.
    ctuffy likes this.
    02-16-13 06:52 AM
    I tried it out and works for me. Have no interest in actually using it but nice to know it works.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-16-13 07:28 AM
    Really? Sounds like a case of haven't used it and not impressed with what has been shown online. I personally have tried it and must say it is impressive. I enjoy being able to use it with my car and I don't need to touch the phone because it allows me to access it via the touch screen from the car.

02-16-13 07:30 AM
    Let me try to explain....there are same apps in iphone and android. I dunno if there is also in winphone. anyway that I tried to say that each apps use a computational server to answer of various questions.
    instead bb10 app it's only control voice.... for example if ask what the weather like, it's ask to me if i want to search on interner.... instead the others apps, answer directly.
    My critic is only to highlight that. If bb wants to increase its share....it has to make app like that.
    We are only real feedback to BB....and if we say only postive things, WE ARE USELESS!
    02-16-13 07:42 AM
    to be more clear.... there is Sayit! well, why hasn't blackberry done this app?!
    02-16-13 07:48 AM
    This Thread is totally useless!
    02-16-13 07:50 AM
    Voice control is awesome. You're useless.
    02-16-13 07:50 AM
    Check out SayIt Built for BlackBerry in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/20384595

02-16-13 07:57 AM
    When I have tried it it seems to work well. I would not use it regularly because it does make you look like kind of a d-ouche.
    02-16-13 08:12 AM
    I have a theory that this is why some posters have a habit of calling out "troll" even when there are legitimate issues. Some posters post an issue but then peppering with sweeping, Chicken-Little "The Sky is falling!" statements

Yours is the perfect example.

I saw some videos on the lasts wks.... and I think that VC is totally useless.
    (absolutely positively nothing works right. And you people that are liking it and finding it useful must be full of crap.Of course, I haven't actually tried it myself ...)

I don't understand why BB continues to add poor native apps....
    (every single last app sucks in every way. And clearly you've spent many hours with them all to discern that everything sucks! And the people that have features in native apps they like? They must be full of crap! But again, you haven't actually tried it ...)

there aren't any apps that is the best of alternatives platforms.
    (because you've tried all apps on this device extensively and all competing platforms as well)

I'm teasing somewhat, but I can see why people get their underwear in a knot and start screaming "Troll" when they see an "everything is always awful, in every way, all the time" type post like this. They shouldn't though.
    agp101, lynxs_claw and peter9477 like this.
    02-16-13 08:41 AM
    ok ok! Got it! I'm totally USELESS like this app....
    02-16-13 09:02 AM
    so how is it useless? Text message was faster, weather was the only issue. The note thing is because of the fact that the blackberry app isnt called note, if he rephrased his request to something like " remember to" it would work exactly like that. Also, i worked at a restaurant and the funniest thing about siri is that it seems to never work. constantly i would see people try to show off the feature and look dumb, so i guess its useless as well.

I would like to add that Story maker is a great native app that is the best in its category compared to alternative platfroms, showed it off to a couple friends who tried finding it in the app store with no luck. And they expressed interest in switching back to BB. They really should market this feature more!
    Last edited by riverma; 02-16-13 at 09:37 AM.
    lynxs_claw and seanpriest like this.
    02-16-13 09:26 AM
    Why are all of your threads negative? hmm...
    02-16-13 09:35 AM
    I have my z bluetooth to my truck. I press a button on the steering wheel, say " voice" and my z is online. I can easily set appointments, search, send texts, and calls. I like it.
    02-16-13 09:50 AM
    Let me try to explain....there are same apps in iphone and android. I dunno if there is also in winphone. anyway that I tried to say that each apps use a computational server to answer of various questions.
    instead bb10 app it's only control voice.... for example if ask what the weather like, it's ask to me if i want to search on interner.... instead the others apps, answer directly.
    My critic is only to highlight that. If bb wants to increase its share....it has to make app like that.
    We are only real feedback to BB....and if we say only postive things, WE ARE USELESS!
    Because if I wanted to know what the weather was like, I would look out the window.

Or, if I wanted to know the weather tomorrow, I would click on my weather app and I would know it in 3 seconds. Voice control for things like "What is the weather like" is just a gimmick.
    PJD642 and allhookedup like this.
    02-16-13 10:25 AM
    Go away

brian4591 likes this.
    02-16-13 10:29 AM
    Because if I wanted to know what the weather was like, I would look out the window.

Or, if I wanted to know the weather tomorrow, I would click on my weather app and I would know it in 3 seconds. Voice control for things like "What is the weather like" is just a gimmick.
    Hit the nail on the head here...BlackBerry differentiates itself by not getting caught up with gimmicks. If it doesn't add to my productivity I don't want it.

02-16-13 10:45 AM
    I'm liking the phone but finding the voice command problematic so far. I've been carrying a lumia 920 since it was intro'd, and the voice command is great on it. I find that the z10 can't interpret the same names from my contact list that the Lumia does without breaking a sweat. Granted, I've had the phone for only a few days, but I've found it to be an exercise in frustration. Even the (by comparison) limited VC on my 9810 does what it does pretty well. I'll keep playing with the Z10's and see if it gets better (or if I get better at using it)
    02-16-13 12:49 PM
    02-16-13 01:05 PM
    One thing I am quickly finding out is that apparently alot of us BlackBerry users are whiny b!tches (or maybe we are just passionate about the platform). People whine that the phone is not out, people whine that the phone is out and cannot cook them breakfast. I have never seen anything like this in my life! I have had my Z10 since launch day here in Canada and I love it. Are there things that need to be fixed, improvements that can be made to improve the overall experience, you bet. In my opinion to have what we have as a STARTING point is pretty amazing.

Instead of complaining and crying why don't we start a series of "Dear BlackBerry" posts where we explain what we are experiencing and our suggested tweaks etc instead of b!tching. I think this may go a long way to not looking like a bunch of spoiled brats and provide something for BB to search for to quickly get feedback, current issues, and suggested additional functionality. Just saying, if issues with your $650 mobile device are the worst problem of the day you have a pretty amazing life and perhaps some perspective is needed.
    02-16-13 03:25 PM
    deleting incorrect posting.
    02-16-13 03:30 PM
49 12